Livingston - all the threads merged

The SFA should withold Livi's money and use it to pay some of the small creditors -

The Scottish FA has today announced that it is to distribute a special

end year payment of over one million pounds to member clubs in order to

assist them in the current difficult financial climate.

This move has been taken after it became clear that due to the number

of games that have fallen foul of the current cold weather, some member

clubs have been experiencing cash flow difficulties.

Payment is expected to be made by the end of next week.

In addition to this, the Scottish FA will ensure that all monies that

are due to clubs for their participation in the 3rd round of the

Homecoming Scottish Cup will also be paid by the end of next week. This

constitutes a figure of £6600 before deductions are made for

disciplinary breaches.

Speaking about the payments, Scottish FA President George Peat said:

"These are difficult times for all of our member clubs. The recent cold

snap has led to the postponement of a number of games and this makes it

very difficult for clubs financially.

"Due to our own sound financial management this year, we are in the

fortunate position that we can step in and offer financial help to our

members. Paying this money now rather than at the end of the year will

be of great benefit to those clubs who need it most.

"It is our duty to help the game whenever we can. Taking this early

action shows that it is a duty that we take very seriously."

You could get your lawyer to arrest the money owed to you in the hands of the SFA on the dependence of an action for recovery against Livingston

You could get your lawyer to arrest the money owed to you in the hands of the SFA on the dependence of an action for recovery against Livingston

You've not been following the thread, I got my money earlier in the week.

It's certainly an option for other creditors though - LLD & StevenC should get in there soon.

Do you think the Meadowbank fans would have followed through to Livingston if the name had remained as Meadowbank Thistle?

I'm sure the name was changed to attract new fans as the majority of the old ones wouldn't have travelled through. I would still have gone to watch them if the name was Meadowbank Thistle and I'm sure the majority of Livi fans would have. Having senior footy on the doorstep was the attraction for me in the first instance and not the name of the team.

Meadowbank Stadium isn't designed for watching football as you are miles from the pitch much the same as Clyde were at Shawfield plus the problems with the dog floodlights. The only thing Clyde did differently was keeping the name of the club.

I think a few more Meadowbank Thistle fans might have travelled through to Livingston if the name had been changed but it the vast majority would not have. The majority of Meadowbank thistle fans were against the move and that in itself should have ruled out the move ever happening. I accept that the lack of a pyramid in Scotland is also a reason why the move happened, though I doubt West Lothian Council would have had the pateince to fund a stadium and infrastructure while a team came from the bottom of a Scottish football pyramid.

I agree with your point about Meadowbank being unsuitable for a football stadium but Meadowbank thistle COULD have been the third Edinburgh football club that the likes of Spartans and Edinburgh City are striving to be, while still being in the league. A new stadium (ala Spartans) would have been possible while continuing to play at Meadowbank.

By no means am I telling you where to post, I just find your posts to be repetitive, tedious and repetitive. You don't like Livi I get that, you don't like MK Dons, I get that too. But your patter is stale, do you not have another club to hate?

You don't have to read my posts - use the ignore function if I bother you THAT much. <_<

he hates us too! but thats so unoriginal

I hate what was done to Clydebank and their fans so I have not time for Ballantyne, though accept he was acting in the best interests of the fans of Airdrieonians, as well as his own best interests of course!!!

I actually think you have a fair number of decent fans, many of whom post on here...though I have no time for the Section B fuds and their apologists.

Does anyone know where the fantasy figure of 200K for a concert has been plucked from?

I think that Massone would probably make more money plucking coins from the Trevi Fountain.

Figures are difficult to come by but Kent County Cricket club made £50K from an Elton John concert at the St Lawerence Ground, Canterbury where there were 20,000 present.

Edited by MacWatt

Does anyone know where the fantasy figure of 200K for a concert has been plucked from?

Can't see the folks in these shiney new houses beside the stadium being happy at concerts etc making a noise after there was money handed over to keep the nightclub shut.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Mr Massone's taken another pop at some of the club's creditors.

From Livi Lions:

Dear David,

I know that you're a big fan of Livi and respect you very much for this.

But I want to give you advice.

Forget things that are bigger than you.

Believe you're not helping your team in this way and you are also very boring.

Saturday, come and take a coffee with me and tell me what you felt watching my eyes as you, Benji and Don have not done during the meeting.

If you are doing all this for the love of the Livi you respect and esteem.

If you have any small business man behind you know that you are losers .... Happy New Year

The post was apparently made by Massone early this morning. I've seen Chairmen take issue with the fans as a group in the past (Dougie Rae), but have never witnessed one single out sections of the support on an internet message board.

I see Mr Massone's taken another pop at some of the club's creditors.

The post was apparently made by Massone early this morning. I've seen Chairmen take issue with the fans as a group in the past (Dougie Rae), but have never witnessed one single out sections of the support on an internet message board.

I think the "If you have any small business man behind you know that you are losers .... Happy New Year" comment was a dig at Ged Nixon who was thrown out of the recent 'open' (sic) meeting.

If the "Trust" truly had the fan's interests at heart they would have insisted that all fans were welcome to the meeting or the meeting was cancelled instead of meekly accepting Mr Massone's conditions.

LLD should take him up on his offer of coffee and ask Mr Massone to remember and bring his credit card with him to pay his dues :P

I know you've done worse things than that when you've been drunk.

*sniggers*

What a daft way to try and deflect attention away from the fact your chairman's clearly mental. I wonder what the top bods at the SFL would make of drunken chairmen slagging off fans on the internet.

What a daft way to try and deflect attention away from the fact your chairman's clearly mental. I wonder what the top bods at the SFL would make of drunken chairmen slagging off fans on the internet.

Ha! Just been reading his stuff, what a steamer! Never seen anything like it!

Oh, you know I was only having a laugh. Lighten up.

Listen, I'm sitting thoroughly on the fence when it comes to Massone and Angellini. I'm not supportive of their actions to some creditors or the fact that they've paid the players late just before christmas but I'm holding out hope (however false it may be) that their plan to clear all of the debt by the end of the season will actually work. If they manage to do that then all will be forgiven from me at least. I respect their ambition for the club which is one of the other reasons why I'm sitting on the fence and not protesting vehemothly against them. It's tough being a Livi supporter just now and really, as a 16 year old, there's not much I can do. I'm just holding out hope that we'll pull through and I'll support the chairman until such time where it really seems unlikely that we won't.

It was quite clearly an intoxicated post, give him a break.

Yeah, you're right.

While we're at it let's give former Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick a break too because, quite clearly, he was intoxicated when he fell asleep at the wheel of his car and killed two children.

Yeah, you're right.

While we're at it let's give former Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick a break too because, quite clearly, he was intoxicated when he fell asleep at the wheel of his car and killed two children.

There's quite clearly a difference between Drink-driving and posting on a forum while you're drunk.