Livingston - all the threads merged

I seem to recall you making that confusion once before: I have no connection with Supporters Direct.

My bad. I was getting confused as I *think* (from memory) you are a mate of Kris Stewart the former Chairman of AFCW.

Whilst you're just tatty munching Rugby watchers from Edinburgh who think that it is "in vogue" to be seen being all cultural with the Italians at that sporting social club, even though it's not paid it's leccy bill?

:lol:

The bids were turned down before the window closed in August. The two moneymen were still at the club at that point. They buggered off shortly after. :(

Still, lets see what comes of yesterday's top secret meeting. Maybe I'll get invited to one, one of these days :P

Cheers MCL. If you can hold out till January then if need be sell your top assets and sign some players on loan (I know a few players have been linked from Hibs/Hearts) then you hopefully will be alright.

Cheers MCL. If you can hold out till January then if need be sell your top assets and sign some players on loan (I know a few players have been linked from Hibs/Hearts) then you hopefully will be alright.

That would certainly help in the short term if we can last until January.

I still think they should admit they have a problem and ask for help before it's too late. I've said before that I would be willing to accept a payment plan to help them through the tough times and I'm sure a few of the other small creditors would too.

The Livi bus driver seemed anxious to get away from Firhill on Saturday, maybe someone had offered him cash on delivery. He was so keen to get away he nearly left Chris Innes behind. The lad had to bang the side of the bus to get them to stop after he had been to chat to the press. Landi left about a minute in front so presumably he just said "avanti" and off they went.

Guest steve maskrey

The problem now is that unless new investment is received, everyone knows the club are skint so you will be lucky to get anything near what was being offered in August for McPake, McKay and Griffiths.

I can't imagine the SFL will be in a position to support Livi like the SPL did with Gretna because of lack of sponsorship, no tv money unless the club can pay their debts and power the stadium with Irn Bru?

I'm with you MCL that if the board came out and admitted there was a problem rather than deny everything and stick their heads in the sand. You might be able to salvage something

:lol: No it's just you, everyone else is looking at it with bovine-eyed naivete.

;)

On a slightly more serious note, I'm beginning to wonder what the Italians motives are behind lying so vehemently. Perhaps it's simply embarassment on their behalf but I'm inclined to think that there might be something else that is keeping their mouths shut.

That would certainly help in the short term if we can last until January.

I still think they should admit they have a problem and ask for help before it's too late. I've said before that I would be willing to accept a payment plan to help them through the tough times and I'm sure a few of the other small creditors would too.

There are mechanisms in place that would allow the club a moratorium of between 4 and 6 weeks during which time no one can take any action against it.