Livingston - all the threads merged

i like this guy!

Apparently I'm a mad man. I'm quite happy to be mad if it means I'm not a bitter and twisted fan like the others having a pop at Livi. The only person who seems interested in Livi going bust for positive reasons is that Kelty Hearts supporter. I think he has his eye on buying your club for a quid, I like his style. No doubt he'll pump vast tens of pounds of his personal fortune into the club and have all the St Mirren fans complaining about him.

Here we go again - full circle.

Right, bandwagon time. Get on board the revolution that is community owned and run football clubs.

How many times will fans be fooled by 'consortiums' or 'sugar daddies' with 'ambition' and '(somebody else's) money' to spend?

I sincerely hope that the stories surrounding Livi right now are just that - stories. Scottish football could do without another Club going to the wall.

But, usually there is no smoke without the inevitable fire, and it looks like they could be in trouble. So, time for the Livi fans to rally round and force the issue. Plenty of help out there if required.

Almost every club spends more than they earn,

Err, no they dont! Only one club in the SPL spends more than they earn - Hearts. The rest all have sensible Wages/Turnover ratios.

And the point was clearly around those sides which spend money which isn't theirs. Like Dunfermline, Livingston and Dundee.

Cheats, in other words.

Err, no they dont! Only one club in the SPL spends more than they earn - Hearts. The rest all have sensible Wages/Turnover ratios.

And the point was clearly around those sides which spend money which isn't theirs. Like Dunfermline, Livingston and Dundee.

Cheats, in other words.

How's that fourth stand coming along?

The mind boggles.

Bitter, bitter, bitter St Mirren fans.

Nobody else see's how magnificent a football club they are except for themselves, it must be so frustrating for them.

Personally I see them as a 1st division team who have short lived forays into the SPL, have a disgusting football ground and will still have a horrible ground when they move. And their fans have all got massive chips on their shoulders. The Pars are a yo-yo team too but we actually enjoy it and don't have this bitterness and imagination of past successes that never were.

You know the funny thing is, they are moving to a morose little concrete turd of a football ground soon which is nowhere near as nice as Livi's and the irony of course is it's no where near as long established and the twisted sods are on here slagging Livi for being a 'new' club and having no history.

I await the next St Mirren fang going on about whose money bought what. Your just spawny your dumpheap of a football ground got bought over.

:lol::lol::lol:

You make it out as if Almondvale is the greatest stadium in the world. Yes, St. Mirren may well be moving to a soulless concrete shell, but a soulless concrete shell is exactly what Livingston play in. That's the irony of your post.

Anyway, Love Street isn't a disgusting stadium, it's a great football ground. It's a shame that St. Mirren are leaving it, and although they are leaving behind a ground with character for an identikit stadium, they've done the right thing, because it means they're finally out of debt. They've done what they had to do to live within their means, and they haven't exactly sacrificed ambition. They are an SPL club, and Livingston are not, despite spending more than they have. St. Mirren's business model is a far more sensible route to take than Livingston's.

Go on about Livingston's ambition all you want, but look at where it's got them. St. Mirren and Falkirk on the other hand, who you love to criticise, have lived within their means, and I don't see how you could call them unambitious, seen as they have gone from bog standard First Division clubs to a side who came agonisingly close to making the top six, and a side now in their third year in the top flight.

As much as I hate the fact that I've talked up St. Mirren for three paragraphs, it's just common sense.

Not at all, festering around the bottom of the SPL is every St Mirren's fan idea of success, 3 season's of it for us was enough. We see that as failure, I realise for a club like your's it's where you actually want to be. We'll be back at some point and we won't be content with hanging around the bottom again.

I know we will be back up, I know it could be next year, it could take ten year's but there is one thing that is absolutely certain, you will be down soon and it will take you just as long to get back up again just like the last time.

How long were we in the SPL in our last stint? Was it 6 years or 7? Your mob came back up with us and went straight back down again? Gretna saved yer bacon last season and you were baw hair off going down the season before. Are you going to go the whole way down this season.

Hanging around the bottom just waiting to go down..St Mirren are like a whore that hasn't been paid yet.

Not only bitter about going down but bitter about who won the title the year you came up. :)

Here we go again - full circle.

Right, bandwagon time. Get on board the revolution that is community owned and run football clubs.

How many times will fans be fooled by 'consortiums' or 'sugar daddies' with 'ambition' and '(somebody else's) money' to spend?

I sincerely hope that the stories surrounding Livi right now are just that - stories. Scottish football could do without another Club going to the wall.

But, usually there is no smoke without the inevitable fire, and it looks like they could be in trouble. So, time for the Livi fans to rally round and force the issue. Plenty of help out there if required.

Good post. I remain to be convinced that the Livingston FC trust has the committment and drive to take over a failing SF1 club though. Their best bet might well be to reform ala Gretna (2008). Big props to the Gretna trust btw, wheo seem to be making a decent fist of running their club. Are the Sons now 100% trust owned btw?

You make it out as if Almondvale is the greatest stadium in the world. Yes, St. Mirren may well be moving to a soulless concrete shell, but a soulless concrete shell is exactly what Livingston play in. That's the irony of your post.

Anyway, Love Street isn't a disgusting stadium, it's a great football ground. It's a shame that St. Mirren are leaving it, and although they are leaving behind a ground with character for an identikit stadium, they've done the right thing, because it means they're finally out of debt. They've done what they had to do to live within their means, and they haven't exactly sacrificed ambition. They are an SPL club, and Livingston are not, despite spending more than they have. St. Mirren's business model is a far more sensible route to take than Livingston's.

Go on about Livingston's ambition all you want, but look at where it's got them. St. Mirren and Falkirk on the other hand, who you love to criticise, have lived within their means, and I don't see how you could call them unambitious, seen as they have gone from bog standard First Division clubs to a side who came agonisingly close to making the top six, and a side now in their third year in the top flight.

As much as I hate the fact that I've talked up St. Mirren for three paragraphs, it's just common sense.

Hear Hear. Excellent post. :thumsup2

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

I did not make Almondvale to be the greatest stadium in the world do you have reading difficulties?The mind does boggle indeed you twit.

Anyway, Love Street isn't a disgusting stadium, it's a great football ground.

You are just plain taking the piss now!

A club that wins the first division and has been too lazy to do something about their ground thereby not getting promoted....that's ambitious is it? These two are the two that moaned their pusses off at everyone else while they sat on their butts doing nothing about the stadium criteria. They love to play the victim card and are not financially astute but just bleedin lucky that the clubs who did do something about their stadiums did fall into financial trouble. Falkirk maybe do have a good chance of staying up, infact I fancy their chances but St Mirren? No danger always have and always will be cannon fodder.

I'm getting sick to the teeth of the bleedin' hearts of the 1st division. "You voted for the SPL" "You spent lot's of money on players". You act like some great wrong was done when in fact if anyone has benefited from it it's you.

Bitter, bitter, bitter St Mirren fans.

Nobody else see's how magnificent a football club they are except for themselves, it must be so frustrating for them.

Personally I see them as a 1st division team who have short lived forays into the SPL, have a disgusting football ground and will still have a horrible ground when they move. And their fans have all got massive chips on their shoulders. The Pars are a yo-yo team too but we actually enjoy it and don't have this bitterness and imagination of past successes that never were.

You know the funny thing is, they are moving to a morose little concrete turd of a football ground soon which is nowhere near as nice as Livi's and the irony of course is it's no where near as long established and the twisted sods are on here slagging Livi for being a 'new' club and having no history.

I await the next St Mirren fang going on about whose money bought what. Your just spawny your dumpheap of a football ground got bought over.

Hmmm. You’re definitely under 30. I’d say not much over 20, if that. You’re “hanging around like an unpaid whore” analogy sounds more like Dunfermline’s second stint in the Premier League.

The mind boggles.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well said, that man. You don’t need to hate yourself for that post. :D

Not only bitter about going down but bitter about who won the title the year you came up. :)

What you'd swap the title and ONE year in the SPL for 6/7 seasons (or whatever it was I lose count)?

You saints have always had big mouths that same year you won you gloated how Dunfermline weren't good enough for the SPL and go straight back down. I'll never enjoy watching so many faces openly cry in public when you went straight back down the year after.

Are the Sons now 100% trust owned btw?

No. But the Sonstrust are a fully functioning part of DFC. We have an elected director on the Club Board, and our members are a key part of the decision making process at SHS.

It's taken a lot of hard work to get to where we are now, and things are improving all the time. But, we still have a lot of work to do.

On a general point now, Scottish football is at a crossroads, especially for the 'wee' clubs (copyright any daily tabloid or broadsheet). As we have just seen at Berwick, vested interests and egos just get in the way of solutions and help (which is there).

Why is it - and I throw this open to all - that 'ordinary' fans have to constantly prove themselves in the face of consistent mis-manangement from people that the Scottish football hierarchy welcome with open arms?

At the end of the day, without supporters, Clubs are pointless. Anyone who thinks that owning a (Scottish) football club is going to make them money, or that it (the Club) can be run in a different way to common business practice (which isn't rocket science by the way), is off his or her head.

At all clubs, fans need to stick together. At all times. Look at the Trust models down south who have achieved success and stability. Exeter, Stockport and Telford. There are of course a lot more, but those three highlight how it can be done.

Anyway, best of luck to Livi fans. As I said before, help IS out there. Just ask.

Edited by Boghead Ben

No it's not, it's called being skint. I take it there were funds put aside to build it originally? What happened?

We have £1 million in the bank :D

And no, there were never funds set aside for a fourth stand.

They love to play the victim card and are not financially astute but just bleedin lucky that the clubs who did do something about their stadiums did fall into financial trouble.

I might be mistaken, but I thought both Falkirk and St Mirren had SPL-compliant grounds.