Livingston - all the threads merged

This is all horribly reminiscent of Airdrie's situation in 2002. Other fans are laughing and joking about it, but until your club's been in that situation, you can't possibly know what it feels like. When word came through that it was game over for Airdrieonians... well, I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

I really feel for you Livi fans, and I hope you can find your way out of this mess, but it's looking ominous.

You are Correct. Sadly another club looks certain to go. :(

I'd agree with VI - after their first few mental years where they attracted a lot of criticism, Livi have settled down as a decent First Division team - good stadium, decent team, good youth policy. Hopefully they'll get through this.
This is all horribly reminiscent of Airdrie's situation in 2002. Other fans are laughing and joking about it, but until your club's been in that situation, you can't possibly know what it feels like. When word came through that it was game over for Airdrieonians... well, I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

I really feel for you Livi fans, and I hope you can find your way out of this mess, but it's looking ominous.

No doubt some fans laughed at the Meadowbank Thistle fans when Blobby moved their club to Livingston and changed it's name. Thre vast majority of Livingston fans are 'first generation fans'. What comes around and all that...

The Livingston fanbase have by and large shown themselves for years to be unable or unwilling to ask tough questions of their club's custodians. This latest drama is no exception - indeed the most vocal opponents are those who have a financial stake in the matter.

IF Livingston go bust the apathy and myopia of the fanbase will be a contributing factor, and a fairly massive one at that. I don't think a single other club in this division has such a passive fanbase when it comes to chancers running the club. Dundee, maybe, but I think even they've learned their lessons.

Spot-on.

As much as I don't like Livingston, I actually agree. To see any club die because of a guy who wilfully won't pay the bills is utterly dreadful.

It is absolutely imperative that the fans create a united front, though, and I don't know if that's going to happen.

Basically Livingston need more fans like MCL to take a vocal stand, and doughfaces like Charles Darwin Esq. should be marginalised. They will be the death of Livingston FC if they are allowed to shape the discourse.

I won't dance on their grave like Captain Sensible, but would not mourn their passing. File with Gretna FC. Perhaps Livingston 2009 will follow Gretna 2008?

Guest el bawbag
Former chief executive Vivien Kyles has confirmed that she resigned from the Livingston board on Tuesday.

This is not a good sign either......

on the contrary im happy that useless cow has left!

And? Do you have to be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th generation fan before your feelings count?

Don't get me wrong, I know what it's like to lose your football club. I just struggle to have *that* much sympathy for fans who only started following a team when it moved to their town. Call it the MK Dons effect. ;)

I'm sure that there will be some people who would be quite upset to see Livingston go under. I'd certainly back them to do what the Gretna and Clydebank fans did and reform their club on the Junior or amateur leagues.

Haven't we just put in a new kitchen recently..?

Yes, and we have a shiny new website too. There's not a peep on it denying the stories or even about major events like 2 directors resigning days ago.

Maybe the new webmaster needs to do some homework :lol:

Why does he have the Philapelphia hockey badge on his hat? :unsure:

:lol:

That's what I was wondering too!

For what its worth, I hope these stories aren't true. I've not really been keeping up with what's going on, but it doesn't sound great on the surface of it all.

Why does he have the Philapelphia hockey badge on his hat? :unsure:

He told me that that was a secret Livi supporters badge. Who am I to disbelieve him. Are you saying he's lying.......I am dumbfounded..... :lol:

You'll be telling me next , this aint the new Livi strip.....

post-15122-1227207420_thumb.jpg

Thats right, but HMRC are one of the biggest creditors that make people bankrupt / wind companies up along with there other Government friend Local Authorities.

If its true we have defaulted then this it is worrying times down Almonvale way.

Time for a body like the Trust to find out the real story.

The point of Mr Ralston's story is Livi are simply not paying bills and HMRC is just another example (if true). We know there are others at Livi.

Exactly. I would say around 30-50% of Sequestration are petitioned for by HMRC. They don't wait forever unlike other creditors. You don't mess with HMRC under any circumstances and it is should be the first unsecured debt you pay.

The reality is that the Inland Revenue are a creditor in virtually every company failure and unlike most other creditors they know exactly what the score is. They put more companies into liquidation than anyone else in the UK and sentiment will not come into it.

If Livi go for an administration order, that will be the third time in 10? years. That is really taking the corporate p1ss and I suspect they would have a tough time convincing the court (who say yes or no to admin applications) that an admin order is appropriate. If its not then its liquidation and curtains for the club.

The league would also take a tough stance and there's a good chance that if they go into admin again that they will be relegated straight to the third division. At the very least there will be the usual 10 point deduction

Precisely Tonsilitis, as I said above you mess with HMRC at your peril. They won't put up with excuses or the head-in-the-sand act, they simply act and put the person/company into Sequestration/Liquidation. I also think you make a very good point in saying they will have a tough time convincing the court that they can become a viable business again - if they were not a football club then they would have gone to the wall the last time and you just know the Revenue really want to Liquidate a football club which means they will really go after them.

Guest StevenC

Words cannot describe that interview Angelini has just done on BBC Radio Scotland.

Instead...im just gloing to LAUGH!

HAHAHAHAHhahahahahHAHhahHAHAHah

hahahHAHAHAHhahahahHAHahHAhahAH

hahahHAHhahAHH*breathe* haHAHAHA

HhahahHAhahHAHahhahAHhhhhaAHAHA

What a tool

I just struggle to have *that* much sympathy for fans who only started following a team when it moved to their town.

For quite a few, that will have been for all of their "footballing" lives. People like you are just footballing snobs, and like all snobs, have no real grasp of what things might mean to "lesser" people.

Call it the MK Dons effect. ;)

I'd rather call it the "F***ing Tedious AFC Wimbledon effect".

Words cannot describe that interview Angelini has just done on BBC Radio Scotland.

Instead...im just gloing to LAUGH!

HAHAHAHAHhahahahahHAHhahHAHAHah

hahahHAHAHAHhahahahHAHahHAhahAH

hahahHAHhahAHH*breathe* haHAHAHA

HhahahHAhahHAHahhahAHhhhhaAHAHA

What a tool

Have we a link to this?