Livingston - all the threads merged

There are probably a few who could step in to keep the club going alongside the 'normal' fans chipping in.

I'm thinking of Ged and his ilk who have a bit of money but also, crucially, business acumen. I think the first step would possibly be to go part time because there's no way we are taking in enough to be a full time club at the moment. It would be a brave move but I think neccessary.

The "Supporter's Trust" that's in place would need to be scrapped and started again by people who are interested in the club and not just on ego trips and free tickets for themselves. Part of the deal when they took over http://www.liviforlife.co.uk/PDFs/LFLSharesAgreement.pdf was 6 free tickets for every game to be used for sponsors and potential sponsors in the local business community.

As a local businessman I've never been offered free tickets in return for sponsorship. I don't know of any other local business that's been offered them either yet my sources within Almondvale tells me that free tickets have been issued to the "Trust" (sic). I suppose it saves the board from buying season tickets :rolleyes:

Nice to know the member's money is going to a good cause :lol:

For me, the Trust is certainly the vehicle on which a fans takeover would be built. That's not necessarily an endorsement of the current board (although I have no problem with them), more that there is a legal structure to acquire the club which would be easiest.

I would say that we should already be a part-time club anyway given our size of support, although that goes for most of the rest of the First Division as well.

It would make sense to have a full time manager who could do promotional work etc., and maybe a couple of players who could double as youth team or community coaches. Based on what I know the Under 19s at Livi earn, you could also possibly keep a full time youth team on the go.

Guest BullDee
We don't have a lot of fans, but I think it would be stretching it a bit to suggest we have none... and if it came to it junior football would be better than nothing.

Anyway, shouldn't you be more worried about your own club? You lot have needed bailed out even more often than us. ;)

We're not too worried about our club, anyway, if we get stuck we can always sign the odd marketing consultant to help us out a bit.

Back to topic. <_<

The SFL are very worried about livi's state, They are worried that another club in difficulties shortly after Gretna going out of business is going to give bad press about the scottish product. Sadly, Livi's financial problems won't go away anytime soon. :(

There's a lot of it around. <_<

Sounds ominous. :unsure:

Day-late Record, page 66 reports that Livi have been threatened with closure if they fail to pay a five-figure to the Inland Revenue. Oh dear :(

No link to the website yet

Edited by TheDoctor

Day-late Record, page 66 reports that Livi have been threatened with closure if they fail to pay a five-figure to the Inland Revenue. Oh dear :(

Tried to break the news gently, but some Livi fans still have there amber tinted glasses on.

This is real and its time Livi fans took heed.

We could be out of business next week :(

I wonder who the FAKE is ?

Its alright Massone is a lawyer. He knows what he is doing.

And if you believe that...

However, co-partner Tomasso Angelini fiercely denied Livingston are in trouble with the Inland Revenue and threatened to sue if we ran with the story.

Must be one of those "no win, no fee" jobs :D

This is bad. You don't mess with the Inland Revenue. The same thing happened with us after admin and if we had'nt paid them what they were owed they would have shut the gates...no ifs no buts.....closure simple as.

This is bad. You don't mess with the Inland Revenue. The same thing happened with us after admin and if we had'nt paid them what they were owed they would have shut the gates...no ifs no buts.....closure simple as.

This is also my worry. "Certain" accounts can be fobbed off, rightly or (IMO)wrongly, with sob stories and excuses. The Inland Revenue though - different beast altogether.

I don't know where the sentiment comes from that the Inland Revenue have greater power with regards to debt owed by football clubs. Since 2002, they are no longer known as what was classed as a 'preferential creditor'. Instead, they have the same legal clout as an ordinary creditor, akin to those who are allegedly owed money as reported by the papers.

If the story is true, then they would be subject to the same legal process as any other creditor. And if the club "went to the wall" as is said, they'd either get the grand sum of bugger all for their troubles, or x amount of pence in the pound from a CVA.

Simply put, do your bloody homework, Gary Ralston.

Edited by GrantR

I don't know where the sentiment comes from that the Inland Revenue have greater power with regards to debt owed by football clubs. Since 2002, they are no longer known as what was classed as a 'preferential creditor'. Instead, they have the same legal clout as an ordinary creditor, akin to those who are allegedly owed money as reported by the papers.

If the story is true, then they would be subject to the same legal process as any other creditor. And if the club "went to the wall" as is said, they'd either get the grand sum of bugger all for their troubles, or x amount of pence in the pound from a CVA.

The bottom line is if you don't pay your taxes, you would go to jail, wouldn't you? Therefore, as a business, if you don't pay your taxes you get shut down and whatever assets are left are sold off

Thats right, but HMRC are one of the biggest creditors that make people bankrupt / wind companies up along with there other Government friend Local Authorities.

If its true we have defaulted then this it is worrying times down Almonvale way.

Time for a body like the Trust to find out the real story.

The point of Mr Ralston's story is Livi are simply not paying bills and HMRC is just another example (if true). We know there are others at Livi.

Edited by Livi

That might be true but the IR will not shirk in acting. They've been after shutting down a football club for some time now. Can't think of a better club to pick! ;)