Livingston - all the threads merged

Mr Massone told the Retard that he would look into it so I've been expecting a phone call.

My phone must be on the blink :P

I hear that the Italians canceled their meeting with the "Trust" too...

I think I'll need to take it to the next stage. I really fancy one of those big tellys in the Carling Italia :lol:

Get yersel the fantastic new kitchen that has just been installed "upstairs" according to a poster on Livilions. :lol:

Back to topic. <_<

The SFL are very worried about livi's state, They are worried that another club in difficulties shortly after Gretna going out of business is going to give bad press about the scottish product. Sadly, Livi's financial problems won't go away anytime soon. :(

Back to topic. <_<

The SFL are very worried about livi's state, They are worried that another club in difficulties shortly after Gretna going out of business is going to give bad press about the scottish product. Sadly, Livi's financial problems won't go away anytime soon. :(

The SFL/footballing authoriies in general must shoulder some of the blame for the perilous situation that some clubs are in and must do more to regulate/assess the covenant of the people that buy our teams to run as "community clubs" but are not in turn willing to assume some "community responsibilities".

Perhaps it is time for every "owner" to place a bond into a fund with the authorities, the said fund could then be utilised in the event of a club failure. I notice in England they are talking about better regulation of clubs as it is felt that HMRC and smaller creditors are acting as bankers to football clubs and HMRC in particular are unhappy about their losses to the clubs.

In Livingstons case Massone nor Flynn before him and lets not start on Keane didn't have the money required to stabalise and run a football club prudently, I'm sure all three had passion and ambition, but as has been all too evident at Livi that is not enough.

Fans want success and when they get a taste of it they crave more, but success costs money, real money, there needs to be a rebalance of club expenditures and perhaps for a time a lowering of expectations by fans.

Remember it aint the winning that counts, it's the taking part. (That and still having a solvent team to support)

Back to topic. <_<

Do you have a source?

A legal source tells me that the court judgements against Livi for debt are piling up, might be time for Livi fans to wake up and smell the coffee?

Uh huh :rolleyes:

Many Livi fans are divided on this. Some think the new owners can do no wrong ?? Others think its only a matter of time we have left becuse its clear Massone has no money. :P

A legal source tells me that the court judgements against Livi for debt are piling up, might be time for Livi fans to wake up and smell the coffee?

What, because you say so? I'm quite content to believe MCL's side of the story because he's actually involved but you simply have a "source" who believes we are in debt and are telling us to wake up and smell the coffee?

What, because you say so? I'm quite content to believe MCL's side of the story because he's actually involved but you simply have a "source" who believes we are in debt and are telling us to wake up and smell the coffee?

To be fair to AND18OY, my legal advisors have told me the same thing.

Just for a minute lets pretend that the electrician who has also taken them to court isn't as big a Livi fan nor as patient as MCL, if the electrician serves a charge on the club and it expires, just like the one MCL had served, then this is considered proof that the club cannot pay it's debts as they fall due and can be used as a basis to have the club wound up.

Now on the balance of probability one of these "small" creditors aint gonna fork out almost £2k to raise a winding up petition but if they all start talking to one another and decide to "chip-in" for the petition fee and appoint an interim liquidator then you guys have a big big problem!!

Tick Tok Tick Tok.

The way I see this one (without having a shred of evidence to base this one you must understand) is that Massone and co. most probably do have the money to cover all these creditors but for whatever reason are attempting to draw it out for as long as possible.

Basically they are treating business associates like absolute sh!t and there is only so long they can do that before it comes back to bite them on the arse. I reckon this is because the funds available are less than many claim (although I still believe they have enough to bail themselves out of these problems) and they'd like to spend on the playing side while trying to more or less bully these smaller creditors into letting it go. It's a risky strategy that seems to prioritise very short term playing side gains (e.g. Mr Elliot) over long term goodwill and financial stability. Such a strategy seems to be built on this short term success reaping dividends - obviously ideally SPL football but otherwise a significant increase in crowds - neither of which look like happening this season or next. Failing to make this short term diversion of funds work would ultimately cost them a lot of business goodwill (that was most probably pretty low under Pearse anyway) as well as rendering their increased investment in the playing side worth it.

If Livi don't start to reap the dividends of such short term investment soon they will start to face the consequences and this is when Massone and Co.'s major pillar of support - fans' goodwill - could start to crumble. It may transpire that you're fortunate to have quite a saleable asset in Mr Griffiths at the club, but ultimately I only see negative consequences for Livi of pursuing current strategies.

Spinning payments to trade creditors out is one thing. Allowing various creditors to take you to court (and win) and then still avoid paying them is just bad business.

LFC's credit worthiness must be rock bottom and that's not a good thing if you want to build a club up, as the Italians have been promising.

From what I have seen, the club is run by two people (Massone and Angelini) who have no business acumen/sense/ability whatsoever. I don't think they have any money either.

Sooner or later it will end in tears, I have no doubt about that.

Livi fans just need to be ready to pick up the pieces and try to ensure that the club survives. I actually think it could be a good opportunity for supporters and local folk to get control for the first time.

Livi fans just need to be ready to pick up the pieces and try to ensure that the club survives. I actually think it could be a good opportunity for supporters and local folk to get control for the first time.

1 You have no fans to save your club,

2 Just save face, stick to junior football and use the land of Almondvale to build even more discount designer stores.

We don't have a lot of fans, but I think it would be stretching it a bit to suggest we have none... and if it came to it junior football would be better than nothing.

Anyway, shouldn't you be more worried about your own club? You lot have needed bailed out even more often than us. ;)

We don't have a lot of fans, but I think it would be stretching it a bit to suggest we have none... and if it came to it junior football would be better than nothing.

Anyway, shouldn't you be more worried about your own club? You lot have needed bailed out even more often than us. ;)

There are probably a few who could step in to keep the club going alongside the 'normal' fans chipping in.

I'm thinking of Ged and his ilk who have a bit of money but also, crucially, business acumen. I think the first step would possibly be to go part time because there's no way we are taking in enough to be a full time club at the moment. It would be a brave move but I think neccessary.

The "Supporter's Trust" that's in place would need to be scrapped and started again by people who are interested in the club and not just on ego trips and free tickets for themselves. Part of the deal when they took over http://www.liviforlife.co.uk/PDFs/LFLSharesAgreement.pdf was 6 free tickets for every game to be used for sponsors and potential sponsors in the local business community.

As a local businessman I've never been offered free tickets in return for sponsorship. I don't know of any other local business that's been offered them either yet my sources within Almondvale tells me that free tickets have been issued to the "Trust" (sic). I suppose it saves the board from buying season tickets :rolleyes:

Nice to know the member's money is going to a good cause :lol:

Edited by MCL