Livingston - all the threads merged

Today's Daily Record.

Livingston chief raps cash crisis claim

Oct 25 2008 By Gary Ralston

LIVINGSTON chairman Angelo Massone says there is no cash crisis at Almondvale.

The Italian even insists he knows nothing about creditor Alex Todd, who is ready to freeze the club's bank account over an unpaid bill of £1600.

Massone told Record Sport: "I don't know anything about Mr Todd but I will check his claims."

However, we have seen a letter sent from Massone to Todd on October 1.

He wrote: "We took over the ownership of the club on June 2 2008 and as per the agreement any debts, beyond an agreed amount, incurred prior to this date would be the responsibility of the previous owners.

"I would therefore ask you in this instance to contact Mr Pearse Flynn."

Sources close to Massone say he has paid off 80 per cent of the debts, but the rest are the responsibility of Flynn, who sold the club to Massone's consortium for £1 because liabilities, which he insists were fully disclosed, outstripped assets.

Flynn said: "I'm happy to make public a copy of the sale and purchase agreement."

Angelo Massone is a liar.

I am beginning to wonder whether he is actually a lawyer.

My feelings too. He has totally ignored all legal process all the way.

He's had two letters from the court delivered by Sheriff's Officers and sent a signed letter to me and then tries to say he has never heard of me ?

At least Giovanni di Stefano actually worked as a lawyer :rolleyes:

The fans (any fans of any club) who are owed money are in an impossible position, there comes a time when doing things as a hobby for the club you support so as to earn some "pin money" has to evolve into a business and this business takes on commitments of it's own which have to be met.

Unfortunately too many football club boards forget this and try to play on the good nature of the fans and betray the emotional support that they (fans) have for the club over a commercial dealing.

No easy answers here, I hope those that are due are able to collect and that the club (any club) can get back on it's feet.

Maybe In eeetttali they do eeet a leetle deefffurent?

They aint in Italy now though, are they? If they have the money they should pay-up, if they haven't then they should negotiate a settlement.

The villian in all of this shite seems to be Pearse Flynn?

Did he though? Private Eye have run numerous articles about how Mr Di Stefano's legal qualifications were dubious.

He maybe had dubious qualifications but he definitely practised as a lawyer, most notably for Saddam Hussain, Tariq Aziz and Chemical Ali.

The only thing I can find about Angelo Massone is the fact he was involved in the Nakamura deal as an agent.

Here's the original Sun article from the first post that came up on my search - Sun article

Edited by MCL

He maybe had dubious qualifications but he definitely practised as a lawyer, most notably for Saddam Hussain, Tariq Aziz and Chemical Ali.

He's about as much of a lawyer as I am. In fact, I think he is less well qualified than me.

This Massone character sounds about as bright as a ***.