Livingston - all the threads merged

or you could just f**k off and run to the papers instead of conducting yourself in a dignified and proper manner again?

He's owed money by the club and your owners are dragging their arses. He has every right to speak to the press.

Why don't you drop the personal stuff, take of the blinkers and wake up to the fact that Livi are in a world of shit.

Guest el bawbag

no i am not owed money by the club but there are proper means by which to extract money which is owed for example doing as what was mentioned in that article by(after negotiation fail, which the appear to have) using legal methods to freeze the bank accounts etc. but i see no need in dancing off to some rag like the record.

also may i ask why people owed money did not take such action against pearse flynn when the majority of the bills seem to have been run up by his regime?

When was the last time you called someone a 'window licker'?

The last time I used the term was a long time ago on here and I'm sure it was in reference to Dunfermline fans :P

I'll do a search when I get time.

no i am not owed money by the club but there are proper means by which to extract money which is owed for example doing as what was mentioned in that article by(after negotiation fail, which the appear to have) using legal methods to freeze the bank accounts etc. but i see no need in dancing off to some rag like the record.

also may i ask why people owed money did not take such action against pearse flynn when the majority of the bills seem to have been run up by his regime?

I think I stated above that I didn't run off to the papers (or dance, for that matter)

I was contacted and asked about my situation. It was also mentioned that word in media circles is that Livi have 2 or 3 days before they go into administration again.

As to your last point, if you actually read the article instead of seeing what you want to see, you'll maybe notice that legal proceedings were instigated during Pearse's tenure. The fact he sold the club and all it's debts to the Italians means nothing legally as it's Livingston Football Club that owes the money and not the owners personally.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Guest el bawbag
legal proceedings were instigated during Pearse's tenure.

sorry if i wasnt clear i meant the bit about:

"I will have to apply for an arrestment order and freeze the club's bank accounts."

"I will have to apply for an arrestment order and freeze the club's bank accounts."

I'd imagine it's due to the fact it's approaching a year since he should have been paid and he's was promised the new owners would ensure creditors received the money owed.

You guys are in an impossible situation (MCL & Steven). You support your team and do not want to see them going into admin but when it comes to money owed you must attempt to get it paid as you have to earn a living . What probably makes it worse is that the new owners don't seem to give a flying f**k and their attitude stinks.it would be much better if you could take on the chairman personally( although I realise this is next to impossible) rather than the club ,as the club ( hopefully) will be around along time after this bunch of shysters have been rumbled and run out of town.You are in a no win situation and for the likes of el Bawbag to come on here and slate you is well out of order.

If the Chairman would meet you, acknowledge that the debt is the clubs, and agree to a payment schedule where you are squared up over a period of time I'm sure you'd be happy, but if he just continues to deny the debts are the clubs and gives you the fucking brush off then your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Can the SFA/SFL not help.Surely they can place another embargo on the club until all the creditors are repaid...

If I was in a similar situation with Saints I really don,t know what I'd do.( probably march into the chairmans office on a match day when there was plenty cash floating about and refuse to leave until I was squared up or get someone to seize his car and keep it till I was paid.

Purely a timing issue.

It takes time for an action to be raised at the Sherrif Court, then carried out, then you need to wait a specified time to give the defendants a chance to respond, then move on to the next process.

In between I'm actually trying to run a business so I can't drop everything to focus on this.

As was mentioned in the article, I'm a Livi fan and tried everything to have an amicable settlement with the club but they ignored my phone calls and emails. I didn't want to go down this route but I don't have an option now.

I didn't go for an arrestment during Pearse's time because you can't go straight there, you need to go through all the other legal proceedings first and Pearse sold the club in the middle of it.

I've said before I don't have any problems with Pearse, Vivien, Angelo or Thommaso. It's purely business (said in my best Mafiosa voice) ...

You obviously have no idea when it comes to company business.When Pearse Flynn sold Livi he was no longer liable for any of the companys debt.In fact as an individual Flynn was never liable.It was Livingston F.C. Ltd who were and are liable

You guys are in an impossible situation (MCL & Steven). You support your team and do not want to see them going into admin but when it comes to money owed you must attempt to get it paid as you have to earn a living . What probably makes it worse is that the new owners don't seem to give a flying f**k and their attitude stinks.it would be much better if you could take on the chairman personally( although I realise this is next to impossible) rather than the club ,as the club ( hopefully) will be around along time after this bunch of shysters have been rumbled and run out of town.You are in a no win situation and for the likes of el Bawbag to come on here and slate you is well out of order.

If the Chairman would meet you, acknowledge that the debt is the clubs, and agree to a payment schedule where you are squared up over a period of time I'm sure you'd be happy, but if he just continues to deny the debts are the clubs and gives you the fucking brush off then your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Can the SFA/SFL not help.Surely they can place another embargo on the club until all the creditors are repaid...

If I was in a similar situation with Saints I really don,t know what I'd do.( probably march into the chairmans office on a match day when there was plenty cash floating about and refuse to leave until I was squared up or get someone to seize his car and keep it till I was paid.

A sensible post as you can see the situation without amber goggles on by putting yourself in my shoes. That's why the letter he wrote and I posted further back was a joke and an insult to us "fake fans"

I would be more than happy to arrange a payment plan with them but they don't return my calls to try and settle the matter.

Guest el bawbag
You obviously have no idea when it comes to company business.When Pearse Flynn sold Livi he was no longer liable for any of the companys debt.In fact as an individual Flynn was never liable.It was Livingston F.C. Ltd who were and are liable

i was not saying they/he should have take action against pearse flynn now i asked why they/he didnt do it when flynn was in charge, which has now been answered.

i dont have a problem with people taking action for money they are owed i just, in general, dont approve of conducting business like ths via the media

Livingston seem to be constantly involved in these sorts of stories.

Are there historic issues regarding 'issues' from previous custodians that mean owners need to 'duck and dive' or have LFC just been unlucky in that they attract shysters?

Edited by ICTChris

i was not saying they/he should have take action against pearse flynn now i asked why they/he didnt do it when flynn was in charge, which has now been answered.

i dont have a problem with people taking action for money they are owed i just, in general, dont approve of conducting business like ths via the media

It's a newsworthy story otherwise they wouldn't have printed it, the same as Hearts' money problems have been documented.

Apparently Mr Massone has been in touch so there will be a follow up in the morning.

I don't think the guy in question went to the papers in the first instance, but rather only when he was stonewalled by the latest in a long line of shysters at Livingston.

I don't know much about the situation but surely you expect to find some baggage when you buy a club for a quid.

Everyone is feeling the pinch and for some at the club to say you are a bad man for wanting your dough should be exposed in the media if this is the only way to highlight your plight,

Family and their security come first over a couple o shysters with a bit o patter, if this is the case I have sympathy for Livi fans as all Morton supporters know we have already been burned with this kind of scenario.

Steve Archibald

Yes he had us eating out of the palm of his hand and those players he brought were amazing to watch yet all the time he was racking up a bill with mostly local companies that could never get paid ( it's taken the current board 6 years to try and get these same companies back on board) and afaik still haven't

you two guys have my backing, there's only one place Livi is heading just please dont phone KPMG they'll wrap you up in a minute.

It looks more and more likely that Livingston F.C are imploding and that administration is possibly only a few days away.This situation could be sorted very quickly though IF the chairman does have a decent amount of cash behind him.The level of unpaid debt is not that high ( rumoured to be around £160,000).Surely if he does have the finances he has claimed he has, he can pay it all off and if he's unhappy with the former chairman , he can then chase him through the courts to get his money back.(He's then short £160,000 for a while but that,s pocket change to him)

The fact that he has not done this and doesn't look like doing so begs the question " Is he full of piss and wind".Unfortunatly for Livi fans the answer to that question may well be YES!!!!!!