Livingston - all the threads merged

Guest Loopy Lion

Has this emailed to me this morning. There's no direct link.

Livingston players have held a team meeting to demand that the club honour unpaid bonus payments they claim are due to them as rewards for their climb to the top of the First Division last month. It is an unwelcome distraction for the club, though indications were last night that the monies would be paid.An insider, who did not want to be identified, said last night: "There has been a misunderstanding with the chairman [Angelo Massone] over the date these bonuses were to be paid, and we hope it will be resolved soon." He denied the squad had threatened strike action if the cash was not forthcoming.

Livingston director Tomasso Brown told The Sunday Times: "It's news to me. If there is an agreement with the players then it will be met."

Chairman Massone denied last week that the club would be forced into administration for a second time. He said: "We are not having financial problems, that is total rubbish."

Livingston players have held a team meeting to demand that the club honour unpaid bonus payments they claim are due to them as rewards for their climb to the top of the First Division last month. It is an unwelcome distraction for the club, though indications were last night that the monies would be paid.An insider, who did not want to be identified, said last night: "There has been a misunderstanding with the chairman [Angelo Massone] over the date these bonuses were to be paid, and we hope it will be resolved soon." He denied the squad had threatened strike action if the cash was not forthcoming.

Livingston director Tomasso Brown told The Sunday Times: "It's news to me. If there is an agreement with the players then it will be met."

Chairman Massone denied last week that the club would be forced into administration for a second time. He said: "We are not having financial problems, that is total rubbish."

Who's Tomasso Brown when he's at home then?

There's nothing to fear - the Chairman has said that he's already paid the players £20,000 for bonuses from his own account. He wouldn't be a fake, would he ??? :lol:

The "Trust" are about to ride to the rescue anyway. They've got a meeting arranged tonight and will use the current uncertainty to go on a recruitment drive. :rolleyes:

1) The money is just resting in his account

2) It's an administration error

3) It's double standards from the media

Which of these three will the usual cheerleaders use as an excuse THIS time?

Guest strathbrock
How long can Angelo keep this desperate smoke and mirrors act up?

I saw Wullie Hill drawing up an odds table earlier...

You seem determined to keep this thread in front page view! <_<

The "Trust" are about to ride to the rescue anyway. They've got a meeting arranged tonight and will use the current uncertainty to go on a recruitment drive. :rolleyes:

Do you consider this a bad thing then?

Guest strathbrock
So do you everytime you respond :rolleyes::D

Au contraire! I only respond when it is top of the page. Doesn't take long for it to drop down which is where I would like it to stay.

Au contraire! I only respond when it is top of the page. Doesn't take long for it to drop down which is where I would like it to stay.

Just ignore it if you don't want to add to the discussion rather than have a go at people.

Or better still stick to LiviLions where you can't have a reasonable debate about Livi finances because of the blinkers.

See ya :P

Guest Loopy Lion
What's the upshot of the meeting then? Are you able to say? Edited by Loopy Lion

You seem determined to keep this thread in front page view! <_<

Do you consider this a bad thing then?

Yes. They're just a bunch of jumped-up, self-important glory hunters who can't even organise an AGM on time. Clue - it's in the name annual general meeting :lol:

Why do they always wait until the club is in trouble before looking to increase membership? What can they do with only about £10,000 in the bank anyway?

Mind you, it's probably more than the Italians have in theirs :rolleyes: