Livingston - all the threads merged

30 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

My guess would be Accies & Cove as home games, and Brechin & Clyde away.

Assuming the fixtures are decided using the same formula as recent years, you’ll be at home to Clyde & Accies and away to Cove and Brechin which is probably the best set of fixtures in a truly dull group. 

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Assuming the fixtures are decided using the same formula as recent years, you’ll be at home to Clyde & Accies and away to Cove and Brechin which is probably the best set of fixtures in a truly dull group. 

Great news for the 1-man-strong Stonehaven supporters branch 😎

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Read we're interested in signing Tranmere Rovers CB Kyle Jameson, who's out of contract soon. According to this, Grimsby might be after him too though. Grimsby Town Join SPFL Side In Race For League Two Defender – The Real EFL

It was that journalist, Pete O'Rourke, who first revealed we'd bid for Shamal George last summer. That suggests he's reliable and therefore we are interested in Kyle Jameson. Added to that, Jameson was in Fitzwater's team at West Brom and Bahamboula's at Oldham. We know Martindale takes recruitment recommendations from his players.

Edited by FreedomFarter

Jamesons showed up well in my data for a few seasons now (havent checked this seasons though tbh), so not surprising youre looking at him.

Your scouting team really do a great job that a lot of "bigger teams" just ignore and put down to luck/Martindale.

FWIW

Spoiler

jameson.thumb.png.524db5332700e33791a3b0de5b5ab504.png

They look worse than they are, really. Orange is still decent it just means hes around average. Red stuff isn't important for a CB.

He was sensational in 20/21 which is why I've remembered his name.

jameson1.png.76d97437b1b892aaea1ae22a03280fc8.png

Curious why hes not played much though, genuinely don't know if he has injuries etc. or not thats caused that.

Seems like one who hasn't been playing as well as he can, for whatever reason, but has potential to be very good.

On 08/06/2023 at 15:29, ScottR96 said:

Spot on yep. And an away trip to Cove lands on a Tues night, luv a duck.

Add on to the rumour mill - the guy I sit next to at work was golfing with someone from Berwick who has connections in the board. He had mentioned to him that things coming to a head. Seem to suggest it will be a difficult year and there may be some turmoil. In all honesty the guy at work couldn't remember any of the details other than it wasn't looking great.

Seems like Berwick is the epicentre of the Livi board room drama. 

Well it is the time of year for the rumour mill to get into full swing.Doesnt take a Sherlock to realise next season is going to be excedently trying both on and off the field for the club.At least weve the opportunity of at least one more season in the top flight.Where we go after that is anyones guess.🤷‍♂️🦁.

6 hours ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Add on to the rumour mill - the guy I sit next to at work was golfing with someone from Berwick who has connections in the board. He had mentioned to him that things coming to a head. Seem to suggest it will be a difficult year and there may be some turmoil. In all honesty the guy at work couldn't remember any of the details other than it wasn't looking great.

Seems like Berwick is the epicentre of the Livi board room drama. 

I don't exactly think it's drama within the boardroom, what you seem to be getting at is Hogarth and whoever else it was in court. Allegedly Hogarth was caught stealing from the club (mainly 'borrowing' money with the intention to pay it back without anyone noticing due to his own personal COVID losses). If that's true and there's still a six-figure sum missing then we're right by all accounts to recover that and go through the proper channels to do so.

The other case I think is similar to the Nixon case where it's repayable when the club feels it is able to do so. There's no route for us to be forced to pay it back on request which is what's being asked. Nixon did the same and settled for around 200k on (I think) 600k? I can see this going the same way.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I don't exactly think it's drama within the boardroom, what you seem to be getting at is Hogarth and whoever else it was in court. Allegedly Hogarth was caught stealing from the club (mainly 'borrowing' money with the intention to pay it back without anyone noticing due to his own personal COVID losses). If that's true and there's still a six-figure sum missing then we're right by all accounts to recover that and go through the proper channels to do so.

The other case I think is similar to the Nixon case where it's repayable when the club feels it is able to do so. There's no route for us to be forced to pay it back on request which is what's being asked. Nixon did the same and settled for around 200k on (I think) 600k? I can see this going the same way.

The Neil Rankine legacy still haunting us.

Maybe trying his luck grabbing the Hogarth money, if we manage to recover it from him.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The Neil Rankine legacy still haunting us.

Maybe trying his luck grabbing the Hogarth money, if we manage to recover it from him.

I imagine that it'll be fairly easy for us to just argue that it'll be used to plug the losses from the last year that are public knowledge.

I don't think there's anything to really worry about, we've done the due diligence with Hogarth and Rankine will likely settle I'd imagine.