Livingston - all the threads merged

“I’ve taken on this role in spite of the legacy issues ongoing behind the scenes, which predate my involvement at the club, and I will review my situation if and when needed."

The alleged fraud cause with Neil Hogarth? Interesting that line was included. 

I notice Roger and his alter ego(s) have failed to post anything so far.

Those, sorry, that cnut can get tae.

Clearly it's someone with some vandetta against the club, using multiple aliases to stir shit up.

Every week. Until proved wrong and then shut up until they have more nonsense shite to spout.

Looks like Partick Th are ripe for the picking getting players from them, Tiffoney away to Dundee. A few years since Lawless played in the top flight, but still looked decent in the play offs against County, prob not got 90 mins in him but still could prob do a decent job as a squad player. Jack McMillan was always a good defender, but looks like he's improved going forward, with Devlin away we could do with another RB signed on top of Brandon, and McMillan is a player that we know was good enough, and now has 5 added years experience playing first team football, albeit in a lower league.

Saw on STV news earlier that Thistle are in financial difficulties. Asking fans groups to help them out.So while some of those players mentioned would be of use to us,I'm sceptical as to wether we could afford them,not to mention the fact that other clubs no doubt have been watching them and would be in a position to offer better terms than we could.Hard times all around at the moment i fear.🤷‍♂️.

4 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

I would def take McMillan back. Ideal replacement for Devlin. Would he want to come back though?

Reckon we could persuade him if he was getting the 1st choice RB/RWB position, handy that he can play on the left side too. Was a great utility player but left because he wanted first team football, and has had 5 years at Partick Thistle, where he looks to have improved in the attacking side of things. With Devlin away i think he could be signed as our first choice FB, and Brandon would be able to play in midfield or on the wing, as well as cover for McMillan.

49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Reckon we could persuade him if he was getting the 1st choice RB/RWB position, handy that he can play on the left side too. Was a great utility player but left because he wanted first team football, and has had 5 years at Partick Thistle, where he looks to have improved in the attacking side of things. With Devlin away i think he could be signed as our first choice FB, and Brandon would be able to play in midfield or on the wing, as well as cover for McMillan.

Five years is a bit of a stretch - he had 13 games on loan to them in 2019 followed by 36 game since signing for them in 2022. He had 59 games for us although admittedly many of those was from the bench.

The problem with a utility player is that most of their appearances will be from the bench depending on where the demand develops. He is a good player but I'm not sure he's better than what we have already meaning hes unlikely to be first choice unless we have injuries/suspensions.

34 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Five years is a bit of a stretch - he had 13 games on loan to them in 2019 followed by 36 game since signing for them in 2022. He had 59 games for us although admittedly many of those was from the bench.

The problem with a utility player is that most of their appearances will be from the bench depending on where the demand develops. He is a good player but I'm not sure he's better than what we have already meaning hes unlikely to be first choice unless we have injuries/suspensions.

Yeah got mixed up with all the comings and going between players, with Penrice coming to us for Tiffoney, and Lawless leaving them to come to Livi, then back again, and has been at Partick for 2 or 3 seasons. Still good for his development getting first team football, and looks like having improved going forward.  

I actually thought he was good enough to be getting games with us a few seasons back but Devlin was never getting dropped, and too many left sided players were ahead of him too, so only got used as a utility player. Never seen him having a bad game when he was playing for us though. I think he'll have benefitted from playing at Partick too, and will be better than Brandon on the right.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

12 hours ago, Durnford said:

We don't know much about Brandon tbh and he seems injury prone. McMillan just won player of the season at Partick and even when he played with us before, I thought he was a good RB. In my view, his utility is a bonus but would want him as our first choice right back to replace Devlin. Would definitely enhance the squad imo but Martindale might see it differently. 

2 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

We don't know much about Brandon tbh and he seems injury prone. McMillan just won player of the season at Partick and even when he played with us before, I thought he was a good RB. In my view, his utility is a bonus but would want him as our first choice right back to replace Devlin. Would definitely enhance the squad imo but Martindale might see it differently. 

Not sure I'd describe Brandon as injury prone but maybe that's the perception. For me someone injury prone would be getting injured every two or three games whereas Brandon had one bad, almost career ending, injury and aggravated it when trying to come back too early.

For me that's more unlucky; the real test will be if he can avoid aggravating to old injury again and yet still play at 100%.

14 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah got mixed up with all the comings and going between players, with Penrice coming to us for Tiffoney, and Lawless leaving them to come to Livi, then back again, and has been at Partick for 2 or 3 seasons. Still good for his development getting first team football, and looks like having improved going forward.  

I actually thought he was good enough to be getting games with us a few seasons back but Devlin was never getting dropped, and too many left sided players were ahead of him too, so only got used as a utility player. Never seen him having a bad game when he was playing for us though. I think he'll have benefitted from playing at Partick too, and will be better than Brandon on the right.

Don't get me wrong; I always like McMillan; he was a Pittman type player in defence; even when he wasn't having a great game he never gave up trying.

You knew what you were getting with Jack; no silly tantrums; no games just a good honest defender. The only bad game I can really recall him having was, I think, against Falkirk, which I think was one of Matija Sarkic's first games for us (but I could be wrong). I recall him leaving a huge gap at the right post which the opposition exploited. I says something that this is the only "bad" performance I can highlight and that was more of a lapse which hopefully experience will ironed out.

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not sure I'd describe Brandon as injury prone but maybe that's the perception. For me someone injury prone would be getting injured every two or three games whereas Brandon had one bad, almost career ending, injury and aggravated it when trying to come back too early.

For me that's more unlucky; the real test will be if he can avoid aggravating to old injury again and yet still play at 100%.

A lot of unknowns then, whether he'll be able to stay fit with his old injury flaring up, and whether he'll be good enough to play at RB. Regardless we'll need another RB signed, whether that's McMillan or not. Think McMillan would fit the bill perfectly though, and is a no risk signing.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Don't get me wrong; I always like McMillan; he was a Pittman type player in defence; even when he wasn't having a great game he never gave up trying.

You knew what you were getting with Jack; no silly tantrums; no games just a good honest defender. The only bad game I can really recall him having was, I think, against Falkirk, which I think was one of Matija Sarkic's first games for us (but I could be wrong). I recall him leaving a huge gap at the right post which the opposition exploited. I says something that this is the only "bad" performance I can highlight and that was more of a lapse which hopefully experience will ironed out.

My biggest concern with him when he was at Livi, was his attacking runs up the wing, just wasn't anywhere near as good at Devlin going forward, watching those play off games though, he has improved massively at Thistle, was right up there in the thick of it getting goals for them. At Livi he was more comfortable defending and looked reluctant to go forward.

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

My biggest concern with him when he was at Livi, was his attacking runs up the wing, just wasn't anywhere near as good at Devlin going forward, watching those play off games though, he has improved massively at Thistle, was right up there in the thick of it getting goals for them. At Livi he was more comfortable defending and looked reluctant to go forward.

Yes; although we had a few issues last season with fullbacks attacking up the wing and leaving huge gaps at the back. This was a common occurrence with Longridge but also occurred with Devlin and Montano. Attacking is good but they need to speed and presence of mind to get back quickly once possession is lost.

McMillan has certainly bulked out a bit since leaving us; just what his pace is like is open for debate.