Livingston - all the threads merged

15 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

He's mostly making these comments to the club Youtube channel so I think it's about keeping fans in the loop. You're right, though, if his words go out to a national audience then you want to see only a positive face being projected.

When i was driving down to the game on Saturday and listening to football chat on the radio, they announced they were going to Livi for an interview with Martindale, it was the interview put up on our site twitter feed, they'd just lifted it from there. Pretty much everything he says will find itself in the wider media. 

One good thing about the FB page, is having Callum Carson on it, giving an impartial and informed view, to help balance the wild opinions on there. 

Apparently we're close to a deal for Arfield, not sure how legitimate that link is but he'd be a great signing for us. Player/coach role too. 

He was born here, went to St Margaret's too so there's a link to it. I can't see him wanting to drop to League 1 to go to Falkirk like he'd spoken about, maybe if they went up but who knows.

Edited by ATLIS

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're close to a deal for Arfield, not sure how legitimate that link is but he'd be a great signing for us. Player/coach role too. 

He was born here, went to St Margaret's too so there's a link to it. I can't see him wanting to drop to League 1 to go to Falkirk like he'd spoken about, maybe if they went up but who knows.

That would be one hell of a signing, still looks impressive when he comes on as a sub, always a thorn in our side too. Plus Martindale can call him Scotty all he want when he's a Livi player and not have Celtic fans greetin about it.

As has been said,sincerely doubt we could afford him what with budget cuts etc.Unless a player/coaching roll would appeal to him.Not convinced this is reliable source this is coming from?.See the rumour mill has started.🤣🤷‍♂️.

Good interview from Hastings. Livingston assistant backs club to bounce back from loss of key players - Daily Record

The Lions went through a run of poor form at the wrong time as they missed out on a place in the top six in the final pre-split fixture for the second consecutive campaign.

That in turn cost them any hopes of reaching Europe for just the second time in the club’s history.

While that is a disappointment and Hastings concedes that the club have ‘underachieved’ this term, he admits everyone would have jumped at the chance to not be involved in a relegation battle over the final few games.

He commented: “If someone had offered us this position at the start of the season we would have taken it.

“Our first target is to stay in the league, we have done that. We are frustrated not to be in the top six and we feel like we have underachieved a little bit but we’ve gone into the final few games without the pressure of going down and we have to take credit for that.”

Fair comment there, puts it nicely.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20230526_175324_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dafc06678231f64f394efaa4bc419179.jpg

That's a weird one, I think he might be out of contract too. I'd imagine we'd get a good compensation fee if they are interested though. I think he was earmarked to be our first team keeper once Shamal got a move down the line but can see us taking something if we can't keep him

image.png.80cbeb1593a6dbe566f420c414347c51.pngimage.png.cc51ff9c076aef3618343143ae4bb69a.png

Cash fucking money boys :D 250k for a keeper that hasn't even been close to being first choice, we'll also get a sell on fee with that too in case he turns out decent as part of the compensation terms

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

image.png.80cbeb1593a6dbe566f420c414347c51.pngimage.png.cc51ff9c076aef3618343143ae4bb69a.png

Cash fucking money boys :D 250k for a keeper that hasn't even been close to being first choice, we'll also get a sell on fee with that too in case he turns out decent as part of the compensation terms

TBFAtlis.Hes been decent in an underperformed team under Imrie.Budgets etc,if we manage to get some welcome cash for him every penny is or will be a prisoner for us imo.Would  hope  every Livi Livi fan checks Davies post on YouTube Prior to tomorrow's game.Let it sink in.🤷‍♂️😢.

Just now, Troy.1995 said:

TBFAtlis.Hes been decent in an underperformed team under Imrie.Budgets etc,if we manage to get some welcome cash for him every penny is or will be a prisoner for us imo.Would  hope  every Livi Livi fan checks Davies post on YouTube Prior to tomorrow's game.Let it sink in.🤷‍♂️😢.

He's out of contract apparently, that 250k is us getting something from basically nothing. Add that on top of the chunk we'll get for Nouble, I don't see why we should be worrying about budgets at all. It'll be almost 1m extra on top of what we were expecting 

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's out of contract apparently, that 250k is us getting something from basically nothing. Add that on top of the chunk we'll get for Nouble, I don't see why we should be worrying about budgets at all. It'll be almost 1m extra on top of what we were expecting 

There's also any small amount we get if Dykes gets sold by QPR for more than 2 million.

I can understand that our initial budget is going to be smaller than usual but I think we've all accepted that Nouble will be away anyway so won't exactly be a shock and I'd like to think DM has already been thinking about how best to replace him. Would expect to be at least our normal amount once that's all sorted.

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

There's also any small amount we get if Dykes gets sold by QPR for more than 2 million.

I can understand that our initial budget is going to be smaller than usual but I think we've all accepted that Nouble will be away anyway so won't exactly be a shock and I'd like to think DM has already been thinking about how best to replace him. Would expect to be at least our normal amount once that's all sorted.

Yep that interview Hastings did said Martindale had been writing up a list of signing targets for next season. We all know from experience he's very thoroughly prepared every season, and has done research well in advance. He's known for months the players that will be leaving, and areas we need signings.

I also think Parkes returning from injury is like a new signing for us, and he's looking a decent CB for next season.