Livingston - all the threads merged

40 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Samuel L Jackson been seen around the Tony Macaroni today.  Who should he replace?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/list-hollywood-stars-take-filming-29520538?IYA-mail=03ac4519-d990-46d4-a12b-5c9d6f847d7c

He's here to play Obileye in the Martindale biopic. Livi gone Hollywood, the true underdog story :D 

On 26/03/2023 at 02:11, Captain_Sensible said:

Martindale is obviously the best manager in Scotland, guy is a genius.

I can’t make the game this weekend and fully expect we’ll lose, any else will be a bonus 

Never a more true statement has been made. An absolute legend of a man. Gives 100% to everything.

Just over 4,000 free community tickets requested for our upcoming home game with @StJohnstone next month - with 2,206 of those already collected within the first 24 hours of being available! We're looking forward to seeing you all along for this one! 👏

Very good, the community tickets are going well, should be a big noisy kids section cheering on the players against St Johnstone.

On 29/03/2023 at 16:32, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Bradley getting a run out here suggest the Penrice experiment may be kept for another week. 

I can see Martindale trying something totally different against st Mirren.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I can see Martindale trying something totally different against st Mirren.

Ayo centre mid is absolutely believeable in this game, it's exactly the kind of game he'll overthink, and keeping Baccus quiet will be a key objective...

1 minute ago, thruthenight said:

Ayo centre mid is absolutely believeable in this game, it's exactly the kind of game he'll overthink, and keeping Baccus quiet will be a key objective...

Ayo's injured still, isn't expected to be anywhere near back ready till pre season training for 2023/24.

Fitzwater is back though, but with him expected not to be here next season and de Lucas getting voted PoTM for March, you'd think he'd have Fitz on the bench to bring on later, if we're trying to see out the game for a win or a draw.

On 28/03/2023 at 12:46, Troy.1995 said:

He's misunderstood by many people because of his background. What he's done at Livingston is nothing short of miraculous. Doesn't always get the credit he more than deserves imo.

Totally this.

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm thinking coming off the bench after our 2 giants up front batter their defence about a bit

That's what we did the first game against them in Paisley when we lost 2-1, we were just about to bring Anderson on when they scored. I think we need Bruce to do all the chasing and pressing for Nouble to be as effective again, and score an early goal, then press the advantage home for a 2nd. We always drop off a good bit in attack when he's subbed off too, would hate to see him being on the bench for later.

17 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I don't think he'll ever do this. I remember he tried Obileye at holding mid in the 21-22 pre-season friendlies and I've never heard him yell at a single player as much, "AYO! AAAYO!". Obileye lacked both the mobility and the awareness in possession to play there. 

18 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm thinking coming off the bench after our 2 giants up front batter their defence about a bit

Hmmmm...

George, Boyes, Fitzwater, de Lucas, Devlin, Holt, Shinnie, Pittman, Penrice, Nouble & Guthrie.

Subs - Hamilton, Brandon, Montaño, Omeonga, Stephen Kelly, Bradley, Bahamboula & Anderson.

Any thoughts on the lottery numbers for tonight?

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Hmmmm...

George, Boyes, Fitzwater, de Lucas, Devlin, Holt, Shinnie, Pittman, Penrice, Nouble & Guthrie.

Subs - Hamilton, Brandon, Montaño, Omeonga, Stephen Kelly, Bradley, Bahamboula & Anderson.

Don't think Martindale really understands the spirit of April Fools

6 hours ago, Durnford said:

Hmmmm...

Any thoughts on the lottery numbers for tonight?

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Don't think Martindale really understands the spirit of April Fools

Same result as last game we did that against them then, waiting far too late to bring Anderson on too. What is it about doing the same thing and expecting a different result?