Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

Aye, was Nouble not signed to essentially mimic JET, who's best spell came when played out wide?

There's no doubt the Arbroath loan worked out perfectly however, I doubt you'd see JET do as much defensive work as Nouble would. 

It was JET's recommendation that we sign him, he knows Joel's brother Frank who plays down south. He basically put a word in and said they're similar players and that he'd be a good replacement. 

Some work JET done for us on the way out by the way, out of contract and he still got Aberdeen to pay us, give us Bruce and then gifts us Nouble. Some guy.

39 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It was JET's recommendation that we sign him, he knows Joel's brother Frank who plays down south. He basically put a word in and said they're similar players and that he'd be a good replacement. 

Some work JET done for us on the way out by the way, out of contract and he still got Aberdeen to pay us, give us Bruce and then gifts us Nouble. Some guy.

There was apparently also a cash sum received in the deal for Jet which essentially paid for Shamal. So we lost an in form Jet who's form then fell off a cliff and received our top scorer and number 1 keeper.

7 hours ago, Durnford said:

Whilst on the subject is there any chance of seeing Jamie Brandon before the end of the season?

Seems to be close to returning based on Martindale's comments. I imagine he will get some appearances in.

Last summer, Cancar and his then WSW teammate Baccus signed at Livi and St Mirren, respectively. Both had been rising stars in the Australian league and had realistic ambitions of breaking into the national team in time for the world cup. Baccus slotted straight into the St Mirren side, received his first Australia call up that autumn then made the winter world cup squad. Cancar was played out of position at Livi then dropped before the summer had even finished. No world cup for him, no more appearances for Livi and no path into the team after Boyes' emergence. He needed to play again and probably would've been happy with a loan move initially, which wouldn't have fully closed the door on a future Livi return. Likely clubs only wanted to sign him permanently, though, so no loan offers came in and the window shut.

I don't think folk quite realised Cancar's background. He was signed as a highly rated young player in a league roughly comparable to the Scot Prem without Cel/Ran. You can't punt a player of that standing down to the second or third tier on loan. His wage won't have been nothing either.

New players need circumstancial luck to fall their way when it comes to establishing themselves at their new club. Unfortunately Cancar didn't get that luck at Livi. Nobody has lost out, though, as he's gone back to the same level he was signed from and we have Morgan Boyes at Livi.

6 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Noticed that Ivan Konalov has signed for a team in Kazakhstan. Kinda leaves us short in the GK department. Wonder if the club will try to get someone in to reinforce Shamal and Jack.🤷‍♂️?.

St Johnstone were able to recall Ross Sinclair from us for a game in November then send us straight back to us, both outwith any transfer window which until then I didn’t realise was possible. Could be that you would do the same with Schwake if required

21 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Noticed that Ivan Konalov has signed for a team in Kazakhstan. Kinda leaves us short in the GK department. Wonder if the club will try to get someone in to reinforce Shamal and Jack.🤷‍♂️?.

Don't think it really leaves us short, we've got Maley as a just in case option. Not really too common for teams at this level to have 3 decent keepers. We only signed Hamilton as we thought Ivan was away in the summer anyway

25 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Don't think it really leaves us short, we've got Maley as a just in case option. Not really too common for teams at this level to have 3 decent keepers. We only signed Hamilton as we thought Ivan was away in the summer anyway

Aye but we've only got one if Ivan is away. Would rather have Schwake as a back up than Hamilton, Maley is a decent shot stopper but Mr Flappy at dealing with high balls, and getting on a bit now, though i think i'd also rather have him than Hamilton, only good thing is our defence usually protects the keeper from shots on goal really well, but we do tend to give our keeper a lot of pass backs to deal with.

I always think folk are far too harsh on Hamilton, he’s played one game against a good Celtic team. He’s not the only keeper to have bad games against the old firm 

If we’d signed any other mid table Championship keeper to sit on the bench, nobody would bat an eyelid.

I’m not saying her should be a starter, but being guaranteed second choice at Livi probably isn’t that appealing to most 

5 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I always think folk are far too harsh on Hamilton, he’s played one game against a good Celtic team. He’s not the only keeper to have bad games against the old firm 

If we’d signed any other mid table Championship keeper to sit on the bench, nobody would bat an eyelid.

I’m not saying her should be a starter, but being guaranteed second choice at Livi probably isn’t that appealing to most 

I've seen him playing for other teams too, and making blunders, i just pray Shamal doesn't get injured if he's the back up keeper.

21 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I've seen him playing for other teams too, and making blunders, i just pray Shamal doesn't get injured if he's the back up keeper.

There’s definitely question marks over whether he’s up to Premiership standard (I suspect not) however he seemed decent at Morton. Given the other option is to recall another keeper from Morton to sit on the bench, I’m not sure that’s much better 

14 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

There’s definitely question marks over whether he’s up to Premiership standard (I suspect not) however he seemed decent at Morton. Given the other option is to recall another keeper from Morton to sit on the bench, I’m not sure that’s much better 

Yeah if we put it like that then it isn't appealing, we need 2 keepers willing to fight for the No1 jersey, to push one another for it. At the moment Shamal hasn't any competition, he would've had with Ivan right enough but he wanted away. I dare say we'll get a better one in for next season right enough. We usually give the cup games to the No2 keeper, for him to show what he can do and push for the No1 spot, there will be a time when a keeper gets injured or his form drops for the other keeper to get a chance too, but he has to be good enough to take it, and keep it when he shows he's earned the jersey.

I might be wrong but I think Hamilton got poty for Morton last year? While we’re yet to see it, and I’ve been very doubtful of his ability based on his time when I’ve seen him at other clubs, there must be a decent enough keeper in there somewhere. Shamal has really stepped it up since his return with more big saves I feel. Prior to the World Cup break he was a decent keeper but not pulling off the “big money” saves, where I’d say he is now.