Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That would be some bit of business to pull off, Anderson wont be at Livi for much longer if he manages to stay fit and continue scoring goals the rest of the season. Him getting injured last season and missing the final couple of months prob kept him here another season.

It's the kind of deals Martindale has done before right enough, Tiffoney to Partick Th and us getting Penrice & JET to Aberdeen and us getting Anderson, both have turned out amazing deals

We would still require a considerable fee for Akinyemi. We can easily sell him for upwards of 250K in the summer and Mullin isn’t worth anything like that. Anderson and Penrice weren’t key players to their old clubs whereas Akinyemi is our prize asset. 

I highly doubt he’d even come into the negotiations for Mullin. 

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We would still require a considerable fee for Akinyemi. We can easily sell him for upwards of 250K in the summer and Mullin isn’t worth anything like that. Anderson and Penrice weren’t key players to their old clubs whereas Akinyemi is our prize asset. 

I highly doubt he’d even come into the negotiations for Mullin. 

If Martindale was interested then i suppose he'd do something similar to the QoTS deal on Dykes, with Ayr making 3 or 4 hundred thousand on sell ons, if he's anywhere as good as Dykes was.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If Martindale was interested then i suppose he'd do something similar to the QoTS deal on Dykes, with Ayr making 3 or 4 hundred thousand on sell ons, if he's anywhere as good as Dykes was.

Dykes was in the last 6 months of his contract and we offered QotS a wee bit of cash and the chance to continue profiting from him rather than him leaving on a PCA. 

Akinyemi isn't out of contract and they'll be looking for 6 figures plus the sell ons. I'll be amazed if he's anywhere near us next season. 

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Dykes was in the last 6 months of his contract and we offered QotS a wee bit of cash and the chance to continue profiting from him rather than him leaving on a PCA. 

Akinyemi isn't out of contract and they'll be looking for 6 figures plus the sell ons. I'll be amazed if he's anywhere near us next season. 

Hibs nab him to replace Nisbet?

14 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dykes had 6 months left on his deal. Akinyemi has 18 months. We’d be looking for a hefty sell on clause anyway but that would be on top of a good transfer fee as well. 

Apparently the only offers for Akinyemi were a couple English clubs chancing their luck and their offers were laughed off by the club. Don’t think any bids are expected between now and the deadline on Tuesday. 

Cancar needs a loan to see if he really can make an impact at Livi in the years to come. Wouldn't be a great loss with the other two. I do think Ivan could have been our number 1 had circumstances been different - think he is a solid goalkeeper who we panicked after a couple of shaky early performances. 

(not that I am complaining about the George signing as he is better by some distance) 

Looks like Mullin's now signed for Ayr permanently. Good to (presumably) get some money freed up, plus anything we might have got from Ayr.

Edit: beaten to it.

Cancar loan makes sense, surprised one hasn't happened until now - maybe we were waiting to see if Fitzwater would still be here?

Goncalves being out permanently would obviously be preferable but at this point I'd be happy with a loan just to remove the threat of him showing up off the bench.

Konavolov isn't a surprising one either, hopefully we can get a wee bit of money for him as he's a good 'keeper

Edited by LiviLion

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

I wonder about Fitzwater  we got offers before but his performance on Sunday's televised game was pretty faultless

He was outstanding. I'm amazed that a team the likes of Aberdeen haven't been interested before now. I don't know his personal situation, e.g. if his family is up here or not, so it may be that he wants a move down the road. He'll be a big loss wherever/whenever he goes.

Being back at the stadium on Sunday (rarely make it due to work, sadly) it was nice* to be reminded that there are some in our support who dinnae get football. Some of the shouts I heard from the C end of the stand included Omeonga being "fucking shite", Stephen Kelly being "fucking embarassing" and countless other examples of sheer bampottery. 

Never mind who let these folk into the stadium, who let's them leave the hoose in the first place?

*it wasn't really nice at all.

Just now, mozam76 said:

Being back at the stadium on Sunday (rarely make it due to work, sadly) it was nice* to be reminded that there are some in our support who dinnae get football. Some of the shouts I heard from the C end

"SEND IT" is my favourite one.

George collects a cross, no players up the pitch, and they're still screaming it. Same folk who would inevitably moan if he did in fact "SEND IT" and it just came right back at us.

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

"SEND IT" is my favourite one.

George collects a cross, no players up the pitch, and they're still screaming it. Same folk who would inevitably moan if he did in fact "SEND IT" and it just came right back at us.

This is a personal favourite of mine. We're playing against the 3rd best team in Scotland, who've had us camped in our box for about 5 minutes. George catches a ball, looks up and sees Bruce Anderson amongst Rowes, Sibbick, Aitkinson, plus about 3 other Hearts players, and folk want him to punt it to see what would happen!

It might just be me, but it definitely feels the shouts are worse in the Premiership. Folk seem to think that the tactics used in Juniors would work, and judge players based on how much they move rather than their intelligence on the ball. Shinnie is a bit of a target, and Kelly seems to have taken over. Don't get me wrong, there's been lazy players at the club but nobody can press the ball for 90+ minutes 

24 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Some of the shouts I heard from the C end of the stand included Omeonga being "fucking shite", Stephen Kelly being "fucking embarassing" and countless other examples of sheer bampottery. 

Those are particularly funny. Stephen Kelly was our best player first half and Omeonga got the sponsors' MotM.

As much as I'm happy with our squad, I'm a bit jealous seeing just about everyone else scrambling for a player, partially because they've just sold/loaned one out. Always enjoy a good rumour.

In completely unrelated news, just seen David Vanecek at reception.

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

As much as I'm happy with our squad, I'm a bit jealous seeing just about everyone else scrambling for a player, partially because they've just sold/loaned one out. Always enjoy a good rumour.

In completely unrelated news, just seen David Vanecek at reception.

I'm the same, we got everything done early and Martindale seemingly hasn't wavered like he's done in the past. Would've been nice just to get a random loan in just for the sake of it really

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Thing that gets me is there are sides such as Ross County and Dundee United that you would think were odds on to dip in to the market just to try and tip the balance - but nothing yet?

Ross County just paid a fee to get Simon Murray in to be fair, also spent big money getting Brophy in on loan too

Edited by ATLIS

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ross County just paid a fee to get Simon Murray in to be fair, also spent big money getting Brophy in on loan too

Just seen that - joint top scorer for the championship apparently. What happened to the boy we signed from Queens Park a couple of years back?