Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Completely forgot he'd played for us this season, so yeah will just be Ayr or a return to us. Pretty sure this is the same thing St Mirren did to St Johnstone with Cammy MacPherson and St Johnstone ended up paying. The main factor in this will be how high a % of his wage Ayr are paying just now.

Can imagine the saga will only develop more the closer we get to the window closing. It's maybe a game of how much Ayr value his importance to the team/promotion charge.

Aye, he is absolutely vital, we have already lost Logan Chalmers this window, so can't afford to lose Mullin.  Mullin has had the bigger impact of the 2 with more goals and assists.  Personally, if Mullin agreed a contract with us, I don't see Livi being too unhappy just releasing him.  It was suggested there was a date in January he couldn't be recalled from and it was close to that a few days ago. Squeaky bum time the next few days for us fans anyway!

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

That headline is a bit misleading, given his comments are

“To be honest, I wasn’t happy there and, for me, the environment became a bit toxic.If I knew I wasn’t going [there] to play then I probably would have stayed here. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me, but we move on.”

It sounds like he moved to a Scottish Premiership club expecting a bigger role, viewed as not up to scratch and then released at the next opportunity. 5 months of not being a squad member would have been tough, however it's a well worn theme across all leagues.  

That's football.  His stats since returning to Aldershot suggest that we don't miss him.

The Mullin thing probably comes down to that with him out of contract there's a chance someone will offer him a bigger wage than Ayr, if we can convince Ayr to give us a wee bit of cash then they know they've got him next season, and it gets us those pennies (likely a tiny fee or just a wee sell on) plus whatever we're still paying of his wages.

I can only see us actually recalling him if we're immediately releasing him just before the window shuts, and that would surely only be if we're paying him quite a lot still.

53 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

That's football.  His stats since returning to Aldershot suggest that we don't miss him.

Absolutely, however the 'toxic' bit seems more about him moping about and not being picked, rather than the club as a whole. It's probably just a poor choice of words. 

Anyway, can't see Mullin coming back. He's best as a traditional winger, and we now play a system that needs out wingers to move infield and have more energy. I'm not sure it's an attitude or falling out issue. Josh Mullin has been an excellent player for us, but is probably now Championship level, and he doesn't fit our formation. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-admits-club-needs-29045847

So obvious candidates to be shipped out are Ivan, Fitz, Mullin if we can make it happen, Kabia. Longridge has been floated for a while, but I can't see that happening. Other than that we're waiting on a surprise bid for someone

Was wondering if Isma would be one on the way out now we've got Guthrie and Nouble soon (I fucking hope) with a few other 'versatile' options, but at this point I doubt anyone willing to take him would be able to pay what he'd be asking for. That's with the assumption that he's one of our highest earners, which I might have completely made up.

I'd actually wonder if we'd be entertaining offers for Omeonga too, still a cracking player but we've got plenty options in the middle of the park and he's somewhat dropped down the pecking order a wee bit this season.

Only worry about Ivan leaving would be that, with Shamal's injuries and probable suspension, we're relying on Jack Hamilton. 

Longridge is the obvious one given he's 3rd choice LB, and Kabia is all but confirmed. Interesting to see what Fitzwater leaves for. 

I doubt Isma is on much given he was signed as backup to Anderson from the Bangladeshi leagues, however Martindale struggled with the attacking loan signings last year so might just stick with what he's got

Edited by The Wrong Car

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Decent player ? .

Has a bit of pace left winger ?.

Have heard the bad attitude stories hopefully Bartley can get the best out of him.

Will probably start off well and then just fall off. Doesn’t seem to want to work hard, just a winger that wants to try tricks non-stop

On 27/01/2023 at 21:04, Greenacres said:

Decent player ? .

Has a bit of pace left winger ?.

Have heard the bad attitude stories hopefully Bartley can get the best out of him.

22 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Will probably start off well and then just fall off. Doesn’t seem to want to work hard, just a winger that wants to try tricks non-stop

Yep scored a goal in his debut today. 

Apparently Mullin has been recalled, surely not to play a part in the rest of the season. Will be to force Ayr's hand at paying a fee you'd think

Probably yep, he scored twice and had an assists last night against Cove, been playing well for them in his loan spell too, you'd think Ayr would be desperate to keep him. I think they'll blink first.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Apparantly he's on a wage more than double our highest earner which i believe is the stumbling block

Ayr must be paying pretty low wages then. The most Mullin will be on is 1-1.2k per week. Can imagine if he's dropping down a league he'd be looking for something about 600-800 p/w

Ayr must be paying pretty low wages then. The most Mullin will be on is 1-1.2k per week. Can imagine if he's dropping down a league he'd be looking for something about 600-800 p/w

I think folk saying he’s on double are over exaggerating. I’m sure I heard that the deal Andy Murdoch signed in the summer made him our highest earner but I don’t think it’ll be anything above 800 p/w. Mullin has done nothing but praise the manager and say how much he’s enjoyed being here since he signed so I’d be hoping that he could drop his wages down a bit to sign for us. 

The stumbling blocks will be either if he still thinks he’s worth more than the club can afford. We might well be able to push the boat out a bit but the club won’t compromise their wage structure for one man and we still need to recruit in other areas ourselves. Or, Livingston want some sort of fee and again, we might not be willing to stump up the cash for a 30 year old regardless of how good he has been for us. 

1 hour ago, Menga Bus said:

Mullin for akinyemi, you can have akinyemi back on loan till the end of the season, get it done Davie

48 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Came to say the exact same thing.

That would be some bit of business to pull off, Anderson wont be at Livi for much longer if he manages to stay fit and continue scoring goals the rest of the season. Him getting injured last season and missing the final couple of months prob kept him here another season.

It's the kind of deals Martindale has done before right enough, Tiffoney to Partick Th and us getting Penrice & JET to Aberdeen and us getting Anderson, both have turned out amazing deals