Livingston - all the threads merged

43 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

We have nobody even fairly aggressive  but we really need a leader at the back .

Kabia might be the spark we need to get our season going again but a worry Morton sent him back and that you don't want him.  

Yeah as i said, he starts off well at clubs then goes off the boil, really needs to show he can play to that higher level more consistently.

53 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Whoever recorded Martindale at h/t and initially shared it needs to have a word with themselves. Snakey, sneaky, shitty behaviour all round.

31 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

In fairness, he could probably have been heard from Falkirk

Is our dressing room sound proofed? :lol:

4 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Whoever recorded Martindale at h/t and initially shared it needs to have a word with themselves. Snakey, sneaky, shitty behaviour all round.

Was the ball kids apparently. 

Yeah, he was a little extreme, but it's working. It wont be for everyone however, I can understand some comments made by Panayiotou when he left now 😂

17 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Was the ball kids apparently. 

Yeah, he was a little extreme, but it's working. It wont be for everyone however, I can understand some comments made by Panayiotou when he left now 😂

Just became aware of Panayiotou's departing comments.  He must be the first person in many years to describe something as toxic at Livingston.  We don't know the full story, but a player who has only ever really played non league and seems to put more effort into this vlogging, probably isn't cut out for top flight football.  There was a whiff of the Moses Duckrells about him.

5 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Just became aware of Panayiotou's departing comments.  He must be the first person in many years to describe something as toxic at Livingston.  We don't know the full story, but a player who has only ever really played non league and seems to put more effort into this vlogging, probably isn't cut out for top flight football.  There was a whiff of the Moses Duckrells about him.

Yeah, he was definitely quite forward about it. I'm not saying he was right, but I can see why some people wouldn't fit into this environment. However, I think the amount of players that have said that this is the best dressing room they've ever worked in, the amount of returning players, and quite simply the results show that Panayiotou's opinions aren't the norm

You can see the bond the respect have for Martindale and vice versa. It's well known he goes tonto during games but behind the scenes there's clearly a bond there. You've got some absolute giants in our team with guys like Nouble, Ayo, Guthrie, Shamal and now De Lucas who make it even funnier when this wee man is going off at them. There's clearly an understanding that it isn't personal and away from the football it's forgotten about. The length of time Martindale has been involved as a coach, assistant and now manager you'd expect a lot more former players lambasting him if there was any sort of an issue with his conduct but Panayiotou is the only one I've heard with anything negative to say. When we play against former players they're all very keen to catch Martindale before or after the game to speak with him which speaks volumes. Panayiotou gave the impression that he thought he was better than he showed on the park and was rightly told so. Martindale won't be the first or last manager to go tonto at his players, Sir Alex Ferguson was famous for it, we've seen Pep do it on the touchline, Phil Brown did it to the Hull players on the pitch.

As Martindale says in the Record with Callum Carson, sometimes they need a hug, sometimes they need praise, sometimes they need reminded of how good they are and sometime they need a boot up the arse. That first half performance called for the latter, I also wonder if the Stenny players could hear that and it put the shites in them coming out for the Second Half knowing the Livi players had had a bollocking.

Very few have a bad word about Martindale and ultimately he wants 100% every performance and the players respect that - no issue that they get a telling off from time to time if it makes them better.

Panayiotou wasn't meaning there were bad social relations. He just meant his lack of playing time was bad professionally for him. He was at risk of stalling his career had he not left.

Personally I don't see this happening unless Nouble is sold (can't see any other wide player leaving) and we need Mullin as a back-up option. Although we went the first half of the season without him and brought in Bradley in this Winter so we would have the same depth as before if one leaves. 

16 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Panayiotou wasn't meaning there were bad social relations. He just meant his lack of playing time was bad professionally for him. He was at risk of stalling his career had he not left.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19828978.harrison-panayiotou-claims-toxic-environment-led-livingston-exit/

The headline suggests otherwise 👆

54 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Personally I don't see this happening unless Nouble is sold (can't see any other wide player leaving) and we need Mullin as a back-up option. Although we went the first half of the season without him and brought in Bradley in this Winter so we would have the same depth as before if one leaves. 

49 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I'd be surprised if we did recall Mullin tbf. To play wide right we have Nouble, Bahamboula & Bradley, and both Kelly and Shinnie have filled in there. No real benefit to it.

I think the general consensus is Livi are probably doing their best to offload him to us this month.  I think Ayr will try hold their nerve with Mullin, get by the point of no recall and get him on a pre contract.  That way Mullin will still get his Livi wage until the summer.

That headline is a bit misleading, given his comments are

“To be honest, I wasn’t happy there and, for me, the environment became a bit toxic.If I knew I wasn’t going [there] to play then I probably would have stayed here. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me, but we move on.”

It sounds like he moved to a Scottish Premiership club expecting a bigger role, viewed as not up to scratch and then released at the next opportunity. 5 months of not being a squad member would have been tough, however it's a well worn theme across all leagues.  

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

In our local paper Livi still toying with the idea of recalling Mullin.  Seems bizarre, can't be sold in January or loaned out to another club as he's played for both of us this season and surely won't be in the frame to play.  

I seriously can't see it happening, Martindale seems to have some sort of issue with his attitude. If we do, it'll be because we've received a bid for him. Either that or we're maybe toying Ayr around a little to try get them to put up some money to sign him permanently now. 

If anything, I think it's a panic option in case someone comes in with a stupidly high bid for Nouble at the last minute and we can't get a replacement in - which seems at minimum, a smart insurance policy to have.

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I seriously can't see it happening, Martindale seems to have some sort of issue with his attitude. If we do, it'll be because we've received a bid for him. Either that or we're maybe toying Ayr around a little to try get them to put up some money to sign him permanently now. 

If anything, I think it's a panic option in case someone comes in with a stupidly high bid for Nouble at the last minute and we can't get a replacement in - which seems at minimum, a smart insurance policy to have.

Below is what I have said in our thread on what I think is probably going on.  I don't think anyone will be bidding for him as he won't be able to play for another team this season.  Think Livi just want rid of him now, and there best way of forcing Ayr to take him permanently would be to recall then play it from there.

24 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

In the papers today they are trying to trim their squad to make money back for Covid payments and VAR payments.  The likelihood is they want him off their books altogether and trying to force a permanent move to free up the remainder of his contract/get a small fee.  We're probably playing a game of poker, maybe trying to hold out to January is finished, get him on a pre contract and not having to give him a full wage from our books to next season.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Below is what I have said in our thread on what I think is probably going on.  I don't think anyone will be bidding for him as he won't be able to play for another team this season.  Think Livi just want rid of him now, and there best way of forcing Ayr to take him permanently would be to recall then play it from there.

Completely forgot he'd played for us this season, so yeah will just be Ayr or a return to us. Pretty sure this is the same thing St Mirren did to St Johnstone with Cammy MacPherson and St Johnstone ended up paying. The main factor in this will be how high a % of his wage Ayr are paying just now.

Can imagine the saga will only develop more the closer we get to the window closing. It's maybe a game of how much Ayr value his importance to the team/promotion charge.