Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, Durnford said:

Yes; I was wondering what had happened to our loan market. We had a few duff oneas but the likes of Brown from Cardiff for example and Odin Bailey were definitely worth it.

I do wonder though, with the like of Lewis and others coming on board and not getting played, has made clubs a little reluctant to lend player without guaranteed playing time.

To be fair to Lewis he did get quite a bit of game time with us. He would've got more but he had to get surgery on an injury didn't he? I think he was out for almost 3 months Decemeber to February or something. 

Aye Lewis played a lot when fit, however suffered from Martindale seeing him as a CM and him lacking the pace to play LB. 

Martindale's half yearly "I'm happy with the squad speech" comes around earlier every window! I'm sure in August he said the same before punting Mullin to Ayr, Kabia to Morton and bringing in Guthrie. 

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

I liked the look of Cancar despite the impression of "the player most likely to pick up a red card" tag

Me too...quick, willing to get forward, not scared of a tough tackle, looked decent in the air and quite strong...his "most likely to get a red card" tag came from the rangers game where he was up against some of the best players in the country and making a pretty big step up in terms of opponent compared to the Aussie league. Reckon he'll settle in fine and will become a good player, we should be using him in the cup and if we can start putting teams away early, get him off the bench

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Me too...quick, willing to get forward, not scared of a tough tackle, looked decent in the air and quite strong...his "most likely to get a red card" tag came from the rangers game where he was up against some of the best players in the country and making a pretty big step up in terms of opponent compared to the Aussie league. Reckon he'll settle in fine and will become a good player, we should be using him in the cup and if we can start putting teams away early, get him off the bench

I think one of the first things I said when I saw him play (against Kelty Hearts?) was that he looked like a raw Craig Halkett, I think he then immediately gave the ball away. Not quite there yet, but I'm excited to see more of him.

10 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Thinking about the loanees we've had...has anyone heard any update on Daniel Barden's health? The young lad was really highly rated and looked decent anytime he did play for us before his world came crashing down.

Bardon was the young Norwich goalkeeper wasn't he? Didn't he have testicular cancer (hopefully at early stages)?

Edit - seems to be playing again for Maidstone United and the treatment had been going well. Considering he was diagnosed during the pandemic it could have been a lot worse.

If Davie says he's not looking for anyone else and we're done, then I believe him. 100%. Definitely.

We've played this game before. There'll be no suggestions for the next 3 weeks, but then suddenly Isma will go sign for Kerala Blasters, Cancar will go on loan to Queens Park, Omeonga will leave with a 'mutual agreement' and we'll sign some boy from Hungary that none of us have ever heard of.

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Personally I would have had him higher in the pecking order than Jackson Longridge

Just now, thruthenight said:

If Davie says he's not looking for anyone else and we're done, then I believe him. 100%. Definitely.

We've played this game before. There'll be no suggestions for the next 3 weeks, but then suddenly Isma will go sign for Kerala Blasters, Cancar will go on loan to Queens Park, Omeonga will leave with a 'mutual agreement' and we'll sign some boy from Hungary that none of us have ever heard of.

Presumably the Hungarian will be able to play RB, CM, and "anywhere across the front 3". Sounds bang on.

4 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Attila Kriston?

8 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Bardon was the young Norwich goalkeeper wasn't he? Didn't he have testicular cancer (hopefully at early stages)?

Edit - seems to be playing again for Maidstone United and the treatment had been going well. Considering he was diagnosed during the pandemic it could have been a lot worse.

Good to hear he's back playing. Hopefully means he's making a full recovery

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Can't wait for us to sign an ex-Spurs U23 captain that can play RW/LW/CM/ST but Martindale to see the potential in him at CB. 3 appearances, 0 goals.

Joking aside  didn't James McPake start out for us as a forward?

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

he did...craig halkett also started his career as a striker for rangers

I saw someone talking about that being why he could take penalties on Facebook :D Callum Carson swiftly informed them that he changed positions at about age 11.

Didn't Todorov fill in at CB for us against Hibs and had a shitemare :D 

Edited by ATLIS