Livingston - all the threads merged

On 14/12/2022 at 14:47, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye originally Martindale was saying he wasn't ready to come into the first team, but the statement on the OS announcing his signing looks far more positive about him playing for us this season. He has done really well in his trial period in the Titanic cup games and looks good enough for a squad place the rest of the season.

Kabia has scored some goals for Morton but one of their fans doesn't reckon he's good enough for the Championship, so that doesn't bode well for him coming back to us, Martindale will be getting weekly reports on how he's doing from Imrie. Bahamboula has really stepped it up recently too, so that position is def his now, and with Nouble able to play there and now Bradley signed as a winger (St Kelly can also play there), we've got the wings covered pretty well.

You'd think there will be interest in Nouble and Bahamboula at the end of the season though, or even in the Jan window, as well as Fitzwater.

I'd be amazed if Kabia kicks a ball for Livi again after...

6 hours ago, Durnford said:

Falling out with management over attitude

• 2 weeks later...

PITTMAN and HOLT won't be missed the next 2 games, Pittman has lost any  quality
he once had, was good a couple of years ago, does plenty running about without the ball, but watch him when on the ball, he can't control it, pass it,
run forward without running into a defender, how he got a new deal is baffling ,trust me
Holt is always hacking ,and is a liability, can't pass, when do you ever see him have a decent pass forward or shots without making an 
arse off it
The whole midfield need replaced, trust me.  SHINNIE a very very lazy player, brings absolute nothing, his work rate, desire, and inability
to do anything good is as clear as day, SEAN KELLY is neither a defender or a midfielder, does nothing, very slow, work rate is poor, you wouldn't  
know he's on the pitch at times, OMEONGA runs about plenty ,can't control a ball ,can't find a pass absolutely hopeless, trust me, these
players are all needing moved on.
Take all these creative players out the team Bahamboula,Montano,Devlin,Nouble,and maybe Penrice Livi would  be in dire straits,
Stephen Kelly looks like the only midfielder that's got any potential 

13 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

PITTMAN and HOLT won't be missed the next 2 games, Pittman has lost any  quality
he once had, was good a couple of years ago, does plenty running about without the ball, but watch him when on the ball, he can't control it, pass it,
run forward without running into a defender, how he got a new deal is baffling ,trust me
Holt is always hacking ,and is a liability, can't pass, when do you ever see him have a decent pass forward or shots without making an 
arse off it
The whole midfield need replaced, trust me.  SHINNIE a very very lazy player, brings absolute nothing, his work rate, desire, and inability
to do anything good is as clear as day, SEAN KELLY is neither a defender or a midfielder, does nothing, very slow, work rate is poor, you wouldn't  
know he's on the pitch at times, OMEONGA runs about plenty ,can't control a ball ,can't find a pass absolutely hopeless, trust me, these
Take all these creative players out the team Bahamboula,Montano,Devlin,Nouble,and maybe Penrice Livi would  be in dire straits,

I told myself I wouldn't reply to your nonsense again but you've outdone yourself with this pishPittman might not be the best technical footballer we have but he is exactly the type of player we need for our all action style, he also loses possession less than Bahamboula, Montano, Devlin and Nouble. Sean Kelly is our top assister, most accurate passer and has created more big chances than any other player in our team....including the creative players you listed, this is all backed up with stats as is him being our best performing player with over 5 appearances. Jason Holt does the defensive part of the game so well with breaking up opposition attacks with him only behind Montano in interception stats but don't let hard facts get in the way of your disdain for everything Livingston. As for Shinnie, he's the type of player we don't tend to have at Livi in recent years. He's the yin to Pittman's yang with him being less all action and more methodical like a Burton O'Brien or Lee Makel. I can see Stephen Kelly being his long term replacement though as he has a bit of both type of player in him. You seem to forget we are Livingston....not Man City and we'll have players who are rough around the edges like Pittman or Sean Kelly rather than Kevin De Bruyne or Bernardo Silva

Edited by Cptn Hooch

Well said Hooch.I was wondering where he'd got to.Not surprisingly conspicuous when we do well,which we have done relatively pre World Cup..The absences mentioned,ie Nouble Fitzwalter Shamal and now Jason and Pitts will be a hinderence to us till we get them back.Im hopeful the lads get back to normal and fire us back up that table.Remember our objective at the start of the season was to stay in this league. I'm confident that goal will be achieved sooner than later,despite this cretins protestations. 

15 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

arse off it

I almost agree on Stephen Kelly. I say almost agree, because he's far more than just potential. I'd go as far as to say that he's one of the best signings we've made in years. 

The rest of your post is fetid, putrid, out of date word salad. Best consigned to the bin.

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026
32. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jack Hamilton - 2024

Defenders
2. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Nicky Devlin - 2023
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Tom Parkes - 2023 (?)
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ayo Obileye - 2024
11. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montano - 2024
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Morgan Boyes - 2024
23. 🇩🇴 Luiyi de Lucas - 2024 (1 year extension option)
29. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
17. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2023
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2023
24. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Sean Kelly - 2024
33. 🇧🇪 Stephane Omeonga - 2023

Forwards
7. 🇨🇬 Dylan Bahamboula - 2024 (1 year extension option)
9. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Bruce Anderson - 2024
16. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Steven Bradley - 2025
19. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Joel Nouble - 2024
28. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Kurtis Guthrie - 2024 (1 year extension option)

In
Dylan Bahamboula - Oldham Athletic
Scott Bitsindou - KSK Lierse Kempenzonen
Steven Bradley - Hibernian
Jamie Brandon - Heart of Midlothian
Phillip Cancar - Western Sydney Wanderers
Luiyi de Lucas - FC Haka
Shamal George - Colchester United
Esmaël Gonçalves - Sheikh Russel
Kurtis Guthrie - RoundGlass Punjab
Jack Hamilton - Greenock Morton
Stephen Kelly - Rangers

Loans Out
Scott Bitsindou - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2024 (1 year extension option)
Esmaël Gonçalves - Raith Rovers - Contract Expiry 2024 (1 year extension option)
Jack Hamilton - Hartlepool United - Contract Expiry 2024
Jaze Kabia - Queen of the South - Contract Expiry 2023
Jackson Longridge - Cove Rangers - Contract Expiry 2023
Brian Schwake - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2023

Out
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan return)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan return)
Phillip Cancar - Newcastle Jets
Caleb Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa (Loan return)
Harrison Clark - Gateshead
Alan Forrest - Heart of Midlothian
Keaghan Jacobs - Arbroath
Ivan Konovalov - FC Tobol
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan return)
Jack McMillan - Partick Thistle
Josh Mullin - Ayr United
Carlo Pignatiello - Greenock Morton
Matej Poplatnik - Ilireja 1911

Craig Sibbald - Dundee United
Sebastian Soto - Norwich City (Loan return)
Max Stryjek - Wycombe Wanderers
Gavin Reilly - Queen of the South

Added Bradley and changed Nouble to 2024 to reflect Martindale's comments about having triggered the extension. Obileye in a similar boat but not sure if I've seen anything beyond 'intending' to trigger his.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Looks like we're still waiting on a work permit for Luiyi de Lucas but, with the performance of Morgan Boyes, I wonder if that's still on the cards.

EDIT - that being said I wonder what he's like at taking penalties?

Edited by Durnford

10 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd say it's likely given Fitzwater is probably away. Even if he stays, Martindale often signs players in January to use after the summer

It would leave us with Obileye/De Lucas as RCB and Boyes/Cancar as LCB, plus Parkes

Really don't think we'll see Parkes in a LIvi shirt again.

35 minutes ago, Durnford said:

True, however thought it best to count him as a CB in the squad. It's an area that needs work come the summer (Robbie Deas seems like an obvious target) 

If I was Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen I'd be looking at Fitzwater. His development since signing as a fairly naive U23 CB to a good Scottish Premiership CB who's available cheaply has been very noticeable 

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Looks like we're still waiting on a work permit for Luiyi de Lucas but, with the performance of Morgan Boyes, I wonder if that's still on the cards.

Apparently he's due to be ready to go by around the 15th, he's had his English language proficiency test (he's fluent anyway). Just awaiting a few bits and bobs from the Home Office I think

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Wonder if Hearts will fancy Fitzwater.

Was thinking the same earlier, here's hoping we charge them a decent enough fee if so. Can see him wanting to go back down to England, closer to family though.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

He's supposed to be due back fit in around February so there's a chance. He's made decent progress ahead of time apparently

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Looked fairly comfortable bringing the ball out of defence in our WC break games, a lot better than Obileye anyway, less of a bombscare.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looked fairly comfortable bringing the ball out of defence in our WC break games, a lot better than Obileye anyway, less of a bombscare.

I must be alone thinking Ayo has been brilliant this season. Yes there's been a couple of mistakes but a defender who doesn't make mistakes over the season doesn't play for Livingston. I think he's been much more solid than Fitzwater who's looked ropey at times and even Boyes has looked a better option. As for De Lucas, he looked very good in the friendlies. Another man mountain like Ayo and looked more of a ball playing defender than we have already. Hopefully he's able to come in soon and get used to Scottish football.

De Lucas and Bradley in with Goncalves shuffling towards the exit door (that seems his top speed) would be a good start for January. Would hope Goncalves leaving would free up some wages to bring in a replacement forward. Griffiths still looking for a club and would genuinely be a better option than Goncalves.

Weve had so many discussions on Griffiths. Its plain that the support is split on this.Personally I don't think we could afford him in the first place even though he comes with the well reported baggage. But if it was a shout between him and Goncalves, il leave that thought there.Really looking forward to seeing the new lad once the red tape is cleared 🦁👍.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I must be alone thinking Ayo has been brilliant this season. Yes there's been a couple of mistakes but a defender who doesn't make mistakes over the season doesn't play for Livingston. I think he's been much more solid than Fitzwater who's looked ropey at times and even Boyes has looked a better option. As for De Lucas, he looked very good in the friendlies. Another man mountain like Ayo and looked more of a ball playing defender than we have already. Hopefully he's able to come in soon and get used to Scottish football.

De Lucas and Bradley in with Goncalves shuffling towards the exit door (that seems his top speed) would be a good start for January. Would hope Goncalves leaving would free up some wages to bring in a replacement forward. Griffiths still looking for a club and would genuinely be a better option than Goncalves.

We're pretty much on the same page regarding De Lucas then.

Not slagging Ayo, apart from in the pre season and cup group games he's been solid enough for us, has his limitations but as you say, he wouldn't be at Livi if he was perfect. I get nervous when i see him being put under pressure bringing the ball out of defence though, but yep, he's been better than Fitzwater this season. I wish he'd score more goals for us from headers in the box, the build on him you'd think he'd be imposing going for headers from set pieces, reminds me of big Marv going for attacking headers, head like a thrupenny bit and the ball can go anywhere.