Livingston - all the threads merged

38 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

What is the situation with Cancar? Is he injured? 

Seeing him post that he is back in Australia before the World Cup break. 

With Fitzwater, Obileye, Montano, Longridge, Penrice, Boyes and Sean Kelly all ahead of him in his positions and 1 game left then I'd imagine he's been allowed special leave to head over early as he'll likely be getting nowhere near the team.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

With Fitzwater, Obileye, Montano, Longridge, Penrice, Boyes and Sean Kelly all ahead of him in his positions and 1 game left then I'd imagine he's been allowed special leave to head over early as he'll likely be getting nowhere near the team.

The reserves continue to play through the World cup period I think they have two or three games already in their schedule.

If fit I'd still think he had a chance from the bench; thought he did okay against Rangers until it started to look like his enthusiasm could lead to a second yellow.

28 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The reserves continue to play through the World cup period I think they have two or three games already in their schedule.

If fit I'd still think he had a chance from the bench; thought he did okay against Rangers until it started to look like his enthusiasm could lead to a second yellow.

I believe all the reserve fixtures are postponed until January. I remember a few years ago bumping into Steve Lawson when we were flying to Paris during the season and he was given special leave to visit family back home as he wasn't in the team. I like the look of Cancar but he's a fair bit away from the first team I think

Cancar has some pace about him, looked rapid catching up with an opposition player that was several yards ahead of him in a game he played earlier in the season, but needs to calm it down a few notches as he tends to go in for rash challenges. Was it him the ref let off when he was on a booking and gave a wee look over to Martindale like you usually only see in a pre season friendly, signaling you'd better take him off before i send him off, which we duly did. Couldn't believe we got that break from a ref in a league game.😮

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Cancar has some pace about him, looked rapid catching up with an opposition player that was several yards ahead of him in a game he played earlier in the season, but needs to calm it down a few notches as he tends to go in for rash challenges. Was it him the ref let off when he was on a booking and gave a wee look over to Martindale like you usually only see in a pre season friendly, signaling you'd better take him off before i send him off, which we duly did. Couldn't believe we got that break from a ref in a league game.😮

Yeah, the Inverness game he made up a fair chunk of ground on the attacker...unfortunately didn't quite get ahead of him and we conceded. It was the rangers game on the opening day where he started well, got booked for a late tackle and was subbed off after another clumsy one. His next appearance was against Aberdeen and he was torn to pieces in the second half when we were down to 10 men. He's young and I'm sure Martindale will bring him on, perhaps a loan to Arbroath will help 🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63610082

Good stuff from Martindale in this, seems to have placed a figure on Joel's head if he is to go. "£100,000? Have you been drinking?" :D 

Nice to see it'll take a 'Dykes level fee' for him to go. If anyone had thoughts on picking him up in January then there's your fee, £2m+. 

Good stuff from Martindale in this, seems to have placed a figure on Joel's head if he is to go. "£100,000? Have you been drinking?" [emoji3] 

Nice to see it'll take a 'Dykes level fee' for him to go. If anyone had thoughts on picking him up in January then there's your fee, £2m+. 
I actually love David Martindale

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Good stuff from Martindale in this, seems to have placed a figure on Joel's head if he is to go. "£100,000? Have you been drinking?" :D 

Which pundit suggested £100k? Dreadful shout.

ETA - Michael Stewart according to twitter. What a prize clown if so, adding to his horrific summarising of the game on Sportscene this evening.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Good stuff from Martindale in this, seems to have placed a figure on Joel's head if he is to go. "£100,000? Have you been drinking?" emoji3.png 

I actually love David Martindale

Take this guy’s past away and he would be lauded as one of the best coaches in the country. He’s done a terrific job on a minimal budget. You are lucky to have him..

Take this guy’s past away and he would be lauded as one of the best coaches in the country. He’s done a terrific job on a minimal budget. You are lucky to have him..
It's bizarre, I'm actually pleased he's got his past as it means other teams are less likely to see him as an option. There were a few rangers fans talking him up for the job but I can't see the staunch rangers board appointing someone with a criminal history

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

It's bizarre, I'm actually pleased he's got his past as it means other teams are less likely to see him as an option. There were a few rangers fans talking him up for the job but I can't see the staunch rangers board appointing someone with a criminal history

They had an owner facing a tax evasion case in S Africa didn't they? Suppose that's a white collar crime though and given their EBT history and liquidation, dodgy taxes isn't seen as being criminally damaging. Read they wanted Kenny Miller as his assistant too, yeah because they worked so well together when Miller was Livi's manager.😂 

Livi's whole rise to the Premiership and being revamped all over from the way the place is run, to the stadium all upgraded with a press room, gym, ice baths, new floodlights, pitch, etc, etc, is largely down to Martindale and his backroom staff. He's the Alex Ferguson of Livi, and then some (with all the other work he does around the place).

Yay Nicky Devlin.

Nicky Devlin moved into the top five in Livingston's all-time Premiership appearance list yesterday with his 99th top flight game for the club. Scott Pittman (142), Oscar Rubio (123), Marvin Andrews (104) and Roddy McKenzie (100) are those ahead of him.

Goan yerself Nicky Devlin, he's been brilliant for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to have trialists from Scandanavian leagues too, but again would need to move players out if we want to sign anyone.

On that note Goncalves and Hamilton (the keeper) would be my choices. Ivan is a better keeper and Goncalves just isn't looking good enough, still looks unfit and he's been here all season.

I doubt Hamilton will go with Ivan always a possibility to leave 

Omeonga and Longridge are possible. The first has been injury prone and hasn’t had much impact this season and with him unlikely to sign on he could be one to cash in on.

Longridge is probably 3rd choice LB and doesn’t offer the same options as Penrice.

Goncalves has been a letdown, however he’s also offered more than Soto and Chuckwumenka did. With Anderson back he’s still got a chance of being a good backup.

I do like the idea of another winger, if we play Nouble and Bahamboula from the start we definitely lack a wide attacking option from the bench   

4 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

I doubt Hamilton will go with Ivan always a possibility to leave 

Omeonga and Longridge are possible. The first has been injury prone and hasn’t had much impact this season and with him unlikely to sign on he could be one to cash in on.

Longridge is probably 3rd choice LB and doesn’t offer the same options as Penrice.

Goncalves has been a letdown, however he’s also offered more than Soto and Chuckwumenka did. With Anderson back he’s still got a chance of being a good backup.

I do like the idea of another winger, if we play Nouble and Bahamboula from the start we definitely lack a wide attacking option from the bench   

Nah, I'd rather have Soto than Goncalves....Soto may have been a bit of a headless chicken but he made the effort of running and I actually remember him with the ball at his feet. I don't think I can recall seeing Goncalves do anything productive with the ball other than miss a couple of sitters