Livingston - all the threads merged

5 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Celestine Babayaro was the youngest player to play in the Champions League, supposedly aged 16, and later became the world's most expensive teenager when Chelsea signed him from Anderlecht. For such an explosive start to his career, retiring at age 29 not due to injury but just decreased athletic ability was a strange one. Or rather it made clear he hadn't been his stated age throughout his career. Ambrose is also from Kaduna, Babayaro's home city in Nigeria. So like Babayaro, Ambrose might be older than his stated age (or he might genuinely be his stated age, I don't know). If he's, say, 38 instead of the stated 34, that doesn't mean he can't still be a good player for Morton, though. I actually think professional footballers are forced to retire a few years earlier than necessary due to economic reasons. Clubs are far less willing to offer contracts to players from around age 33 because there's no sell-on potential for players that age and above. Then players at that age often have financial commitments in their life that cause their wage needs to be higher than players in their 20s.

I think when Livi were doing body profile tests at the start of one season something was thrown up with Efe as well. Something to do with his body profile being consistent with that of someone 3-5 years older than he was at the time. It could be nothing, could be down to poor eating etc

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I think when Livi were doing body profile tests at the start of one season something was thrown up with Efe as well. Something to do with his body profile being consistent with that of someone 3-5 years older than he was at the time. It could be nothing, could be down to poor eating etc

Or, of course, he may be  3-5 years older tan previously thought.

42 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Or, of course, he may be  3-5 years older tan previously thought.

Yeah that was implied, trying to be a little careful though. Last time I made that claim I was accused of racism on here :D 

5 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Sean Goss got Tony Watt sent off today almost exactly how he got Bahamboula sent off.

And vociferously claiming for the handball off Montano's chest. As much as I dislike Tony Watt, Sean Goss is an even bigger arsehole. 

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Years since I've been at Livi. I'm going next Tuesday and wondering if away fans can still use the car park at the ground?

Aye but it'll cost you 5 or 6 quid, better parking at st Margaret's academy for free. Quicker getaway too, than being stuck in a queue of traffic going out to the traffic lights.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

On a similar note to the above, how long does it typically take to walk from Livingston North (or Livingston South) to the ground? Google seems to suggest 35-40 minutes, but they usually think you have the walking pace of a snail. 

Sounds about right, yeah you could prob knock 10 mins off it walking at a brisk pace from Livi North in 25 mins.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye but it'll cost you 5 or 6 quid, better parking at st Margaret's academy for free. Quicker getaway too, than being stuck in a queue of traffic going out to the traffic lights.

Sounds about right, yeah you could prob knock 10 mins off it walking at a brisk pace from Livi North in 25 mins.

For midweek; they could probably park in the Lidl car park

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

On a similar note to the above, how long does it typically take to walk from Livingston North (or Livingston South) to the ground? Google seems to suggest 35-40 minutes, but they usually think you have the walking pace of a snail. 

It takes me about 25 mins from Livi South (30 mins on the return as its uphill) but I know the route using the paths. Most of the route planners will presumably take you along the roads?

24 minutes ago, Durnford said:

It takes me about 25 mins from Livi South (30 mins on the return as its uphill) but I know the route using the paths. Most of the route planners will presumably take you along the roads?

Is it really that close? I've always had the perception that the train station there is about 2 hours away from anything meaningful in Livi :D 

26 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Is it really that close? I've always had the perception that the train station there is about 2 hours away from anything meaningful in Livi :D 

it is indeed 2 hours if you stop at the Bankton Hotel; the Parry Lamp; The New Year Field and whatever the Lime Kiln is called now.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Years since I've been at Livi. I'm going next Tuesday and wondering if away fans can still use the car park at the ground?

I'd say either St Margaret Academy or any car park off Quarrywood Court would be better

Both free and about a 5 minute walk

Edited by The Wrong Car

12 hours ago, Durnford said:

For midweek; they could probably park in the Lidl car park

Aye as long as there isn't some jobsworth ticket c**t waiting to pounce, you'd still be risking parking there till they close at 10pm. I know you can ignore the tickets and all their threatening letters, but why risk the hassle.

As it's an evening game would parking not be available over at the Almondvale retail park. the stores there close at 6 IIRC, is it nor free parking from 6pm on onwards. Don't mean the Centre, but over where the likes of Currys, Halfords Hobbycraft are.

Edited by Lothiangamer

On 05/11/2022 at 09:07, Lothiangamer said:

As it's an evening game would parking not be available over at the Almondvale retail park. the stores there close at 6 IIRC, is it nor free parking from 6pm on onwards. Don't mean the Centre, but over where the likes of Currys, Halfords Hobbycraft are.

Wouldn't risk that one. My wife got a photographed aster overstaying due to a problem at Hobbycraft - they still send us a threatening letter about every six months saying you can see them on Channel 4 - wont-pay-we'll-take-it-away. Hobbycraft even got in touch with them but they wont give up. 

The centre's much safer.

On 02/09/2022 at 16:04, EdinburghLivi said:

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026
31. 🇷🇺 Ivan Konovalov - 2023 (1 year extension option)
32. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jack Hamilton - 2024

Defenders
2. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Tom Parkes - 2023
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
11. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Morgan Boyes - 2023 (1 year extension option)
25. 🇦🇺 Phillip Cancar - 2024 (1 year extension option)
29. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
17. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2023
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2023
24. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Sean Kelly - 2024
33. 🇧🇪 Stephane Omeonga - 2023

Forwards
7. 🇨🇬 Dylan Bahamboula - 2024 (1 year extension option)
9. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Bruce Anderson - 2024
10. 🇬🇼 Esmaël Gonçalves - 2024 (1 year extension option)
19. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Joel Nouble - 2023 (1 year extension option)
28. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Kurtis Guthrie - 2024 (1 year extension option)

In
Dylan Bahamboula - Oldham Athletic
Scott Bitsindou - KSK Lierse Kempenzonen
Jamie Brandon - Heart of Midlothian
Phillip Cancar - Western Sydney Wanderers
Shamal George - Colchester United
Esmaël Gonçalves - Sheikh Russel
Kurtis Guthrie - RoundGlass Punjab
Jack Hamilton - Greenock Morton
Stephen Kelly - Rangers

Loans Out
Scott Bitsindou - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2024 (1 year extension option)
Harrison Clark - Stirling Albion - Contract Expiry 2023 (?)
Jack Hamilton - Hartlepool United - Contract Expiry 2024
Josh Mullin - Ayr United - Contract Expiry 2023
Jaze Kabia - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2023
Brian Schwake - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2023

Out
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan return)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan return)
Caleb Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa (Loan return)
Alan Forrest - Heart of Midlothian
Keaghan Jacobs - Arbroath
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan return)
Jack McMillan - Partick Thistle
Carlo Pignatiello - Greenock Morton
Matej Poplatnik - Ilireja 1911

Craig Sibbald - Dundee United
Sebastian Soto - Norwich City (Loan return)
Max Stryjek - Wycombe Wanderers
Gavin Reilly - Queen of the South

So Brian Schwake is contracted until the end of this season but Jack Hamilton (the goalkeeper) has a contract until the  end of 2023/2024?

Hopefully an extension for Brian is in hand?