Livingston - all the threads merged

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

not too confident with him coming for high balls either, has pulled off a few good saves though but is still developing.

Got to disagree with this, I think he's the best keeper we've had coming for high balls since we've been back in the Premiership. 

Player of the Season - Montano. His run of scoring winners from left back was outstanding. He's dropped a little in recent weeks because of injury but he's been phenomenal when fully fit. Him and Nouble are the best left-hand side of any side in the league outside of the OF, and it's not even close.

Best Signing - George. Slow start, but I really like him, he's the best shot stopper and cross taker we've had for a while. Distribution is a bit dodgy, and his positioning can be a little off (being lobbed against Dundee Utd comes to mind), but he's learning and has had a really promising start.

Top Result - Point at Ibrox, or beating Hearts. After the first 10 minutes we were dominant that day, which was great to see against a decent side.

Predictions - 6th. We're not clinical enough yet, and Hearts/Aberdeen/Hibs will sort their shit out and finish above us I reckon.

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

Fair enough, I'd say the passing out to defence is part of Martindale's tactics, and a big reason why Stryjek wasn't Martindale's favourite. I can't really recall any dropped crosses to be fair and given Rangers had 73 crosses on Saturday I'd say he looks fine there. There's been a few other games like Hearts and Hibs at home when he seems happy to claim any looping crosses in the last few minutes. 

Our defence has been pretty good at blocking shots into him too right enough, in the games we've kept clean sheets big Shamal has barely had a save to make. Even against Sevco, 24 shots, 3 on target. Hearts had 0 shots on target, Hibs had a few more 23 shots 5 on target. Don't get me wrong, he's doing ok, just think he has room for improvement collecting balls in the air, and his punches clearing the ball could be doing with getting well outside our 18 yard box. 

57 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Got to disagree with this, I think he's the best keeper we've had coming for high balls since we've been back in the Premiership. 

I'd say Liam Kelly was the best, but between him, mr flappy Stewart, mr flappy McCrorie, and bombscare Max then yep i'd take Shamal.

Oh f**k i forgot about Sarkic, i'd have him above Shamal too, esp for kicking, i'd rate Sarkic the best kicker we've had since Broto.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Joshua Mullin is some player. I pray to God that we can keep him at the end of the season. I presume he’s out of contract and will be let go?

He's unlikely to force his way back into the first team so it might be possible to negotiate a free transfer in January. Shame really; a really good player but too inconsistent for us.

He's unlikely to force his way back into the first team so it might be possible to negotiate a free transfer in January. Shame really; a really good player but too inconsistent for us.

He’s a clear standout at this level. He can go through parts of games not really affecting it but is always capable of a quality cross or pass to create a goal. Scored a belter himself last night as well.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s a clear standout at this level. He can go through parts of games not really affecting it but is always capable of a quality cross or pass to create a goal. Scored a belter himself last night as well.

Must be at the right team this season then, don't think he did well at Accies last season on loan. Was hoping he'd get a chance to play for us again but doesn't look like it, but good hearing he's appreciated at Ayr. 

PotS - Montano for me. Always thought there was a player in there, but the way he's kicked on has been a joy to see. 

Best signing - honourable mention for George, but I'm going to say Stephen Kelly. The boy is simply class. We haven't just won a watch there, we've cleaned out the whole jewellers.

Top result - Ibrox on Saturday. Again though, beating Hearts and Hibs at home are both worthy of mention. 

Where will we finish - 5th or 6th. I would be happy with anything from 10th upwards, but last season still hurts like f**k. I hope it hurts the players as much. If it does - 5th or 6th. 

Aye i used to think Penrice was far better as a LWB but Montano has won me over now, persisted down the wing to get the ball into the box that deflected to Nouble for his goal against Sevco too. Love his surging runs from deep that just get us up the pitch, great seeing Montano, Nouble and Omeonga taking players on to set up attacks. Hate watching players turning back with the ball all the time, squaring it or passing it back the way whenever an opposition player goes to them. Aye Durnford, 'on their day' all 3 are a joy to watch, and Montano has been the most consistent in getting us game changing performances to win points.

Feel he takes more hits than even Nouble, although Nouble gets fouled more, most are opposition players grabbing onto him and pulling his arms and shirt, Montano takes some amount of heavy tackles.

56 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Having a good debut for Morton strolling it as they're winning 3-0 v ICT in the first half tonight.

The chat on the match thread seems to indicate he should be serving a suspension from his last match for Dunfermline

Efe got MoTM, Morton fans loving him.

Yeah they just announced on Sportscene he was signed last Fri *cough* *cough* and served his suspension against Dundee, and kept it quiet about signing him till this week. 

Celestine Babayaro was the youngest player to play in the Champions League, supposedly aged 16, and later became the world's most expensive teenager when Chelsea signed him from Anderlecht. For such an explosive start to his career, retiring at age 29 not due to injury but just decreased athletic ability was a strange one. Or rather it made clear he hadn't been his stated age throughout his career. Ambrose is also from Kaduna, Babayaro's home city in Nigeria. So like Babayaro, Ambrose might be older than his stated age (or he might genuinely be his stated age, I don't know). If he's, say, 38 instead of the stated 34, that doesn't mean he can't still be a good player for Morton, though. I actually think professional footballers are forced to retire a few years earlier than necessary due to economic reasons. Clubs are far less willing to offer contracts to players from around age 33 because there's no sell-on potential for players that age and above. Then players at that age often have financial commitments in their life that cause their wage needs to be higher than players in their 20s.