Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Yeh,totally agree here.For years weve generally punched above our weight. We know who we are and where we stand in Scottish Football.Fanbase has always been a problem for us.Swathes of people in West Lothian  just couldn't give a second thought for us for one reason or another.Its huge credit to the current incumbents that we're still kicking about at the top table.We know this won't last realistically, but let's enjoy it while it lasts. 🦁👍.

Well said.

On 08/09/2022 at 19:23, Cptn Hooch said:

Hearts absolutely ruining Alan Forrest playing him exclusively on the right wing. His biggest asset is his ability to cut in from the left and hurt teams with goals and assists.

100% agree with this but it's Hearts so what do you expect🤣

He's been very good all season, which is a pleasant surprise. He seems to benefit from keeping it simple, and having a steady keeper. It's nice to have a keeper that's happy to claim high crosses - it seemed like we lost a lot of goals last year with Stryjek retreating to his line. 

In terms of the game on Sat, a good win but we need to start killing teams off when we get the chance. Pittman's chance was a lot better than I thought at the time. I'd also like to see us test the keeper more, and I'd imagine Anderson may benefit more from Nouble and Bahamboula's service in open games. 

Onto the positives - for me Saturday summed up Martindale at Livi. A team of converted lower league signings (Kelly/Obileye), English league punts (Nouble/Guthrie/Montano) and astute free agents signings from the Scottish game (Holt/Omeonga/Shinnie) moulded into a solid unit. Outstanding 

Edited by The Wrong Car

3 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

He's been very good all season, which is a pleasant surprise. He seems to benefit from keeping it simple, and having a steady keeper. It's nice to have a keeper that's happy to claim high crosses - it seemed like we lost a lot of goals last year with Stryjek retreating to his line. 

In terms of the game on Sat, a good win but we need to start killing teams off when we get the chance. Pittman's chance was a lot better than I thought at the time. I'd also like to see us test the keeper more, and I'd imagine Anderson may benefit more from Nouble and Bahamboula's service in open games. 

Onto the positives - for me Saturday summed up Martindale at Livi. A team of converted lower league signings (Kelly/Obileye), English league punts (Nouble/Guthrie/Montano) and astute free agents signings from the Scottish game (Holt/Omeonga/Shinnie) moulded into a solid unit. Outstanding 

To be fair Guthrie was an Indian League punt and Omeonga was from Italy at the time

On 08/09/2022 at 19:23, Cptn Hooch said:

Hearts absolutely ruining Alan Forrest playing him exclusively on the right wing. His biggest asset is his ability to cut in from the left and hurt teams with goals and assists.

On 17/09/2022 at 11:08, Carol Anne said:

100% agree with this but it's Hearts so what do you expect🤣

Three goals in four days from the right/centre. Ruined!

That's fitba, eh? 😀

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's fitba, eh? 😀

In fairness to those comments, he probably is at his best, or at least carries the largest goal threat, from the left inside channel. Yet he's very capable when played either right or central too, as you point out. I was pleased he got that clincher for you against RFS. Following that up with his Motherwell performance will've now fully convinced folk of his merit so good on him.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's fitba, eh? 😀

At Livi he tended to be the one making things happen when he scored, cutting in from the left and taking shots, and was def a lot better on the left than right side. At Hearts he's getting balls played to him inside the box and scoring goals from someone else doing the work setting them up, glad it's working out for him though, keeps that form up and might even get a Scotland call up.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Interview with Martindale talking about Bruce Anderson getting close to first team games again, also mentions how Boyes and Penrice are coming along. Although Penrice came on against Killie so looks a bit further along than the other two. All three are playing in reserve games at least, and haven't had any flare ups, which is good.

Livi FC manager Martindale reveals forward Bruce Anderson is moving closer to first team action - Daily Record

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Goncalves scored in a 2-1 defeat to Dunfermline in a reserves game, so at least he's managed to get a goal, just needs to do it in the Premiership now. Always seems to be a bit off positionally when going for goal, maybe his fitness levels improving will get him there for scoring some goals.

Yeah good news about Guthrie, the extra week off between games should see him fit to start against St Mirren, will hopefully see Bruce getting some game time coming on as a sub too. He's played in a few reserve games and not broken down so that bodes well for his ankle injury not flaring back up.

Looks like us and Rangers are holding up the new Sky deal. Neither club have responded.

It's a woeful deal, glad we're making a stand. The league needs 11-1 in favour for it to pass. It'll allow Sky to show 4 games at each stadium per season instead of just 3, so more fixtures being moved for a petty sum on top of what we get. 

Hopefully this is a chance we can restructure the entire deal and get what we deserve

Never going to happen imo.Sky rules unfortunately. We're in the Premier League and have to put up with these ridiculous decisions. Friday nights,Sunday midays etc.Fans being short changed as usual. But money talks I guess however unpopular. Price for ongoing relative progression in our case.🤷‍♂️.

Given our decent start with Pittman - Omeonga - Holt, plus Sean Kelly and Stephen Kelly being in the squad, I'd say it makes sense to sent him to the "Welcome to Scottish Football" bootcamp known as Arbroath. 

He looked decent in pre-season, bit suspect at CB but a good move to gain fitness. 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Is he any good? looks a bit of a unit but doesnt seem to have featured much

Not really seen enough of him, looked ok in midfield then had to move to CB for cover during our cup group games, but we were quite a bit experimental in that period chucking players in all over the place. Once the league started we've played our normal midfield from last season and he hasn't had much of a chance to get into the team. Looked comfortable on the ball, and as you say, a big strong laddie, hopefully does well for you and gets a decent run of games to show he's worth getting into our team like Nouble did.