Livingston - all the threads merged

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I'd be particularly interested if he was good at set pieces; particularly corners.

Kelly was very poor with the corners on Wednesday and Shinnie also seems to have lost his touch.

Aye if only we had 4 or 5 players well over 6ft to aim the ball into a particular area for them all to get in there and attack it. Seriously how can a set piece taker not practice like feck at hitting balls into the box, and at least hit it over the head of the first defender at corners, and not overhit it to the opposite corner flag.

Players should know exactly where it's going and with the height we have in our team now we should have a very good chance of getting a head on the ball, Ayo, Fitzwater, Bahamboula, Guthrie, Nouble, yet we waste just about every set piece we have.

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye if only we had 4 or 5 players well over 6ft to aim the ball into a particular area for them all to get in there and attack it. Seriously how can a set piece taker not practice like feck at hitting balls into the box, and at least hit it over the head of the first defender at corners, and not overhit it to the opposite corner flag.

Players should know exactly where it's going and with the height we have in our team now we should have a very good chance of getting a head on the ball, Ayo, Fitzwater, Bahamboula, Guthrie, Nouble, yet we waste just about every set piece we have.

Yes; I think other clubs have cottoned on to the fact that, no matter who we have in the line-up, every ball seems to be aimed at Obileye (that is when the ball doesn't miss the line altogether and goes out for a goal-kick.

We seemed to be causing far more chaos with Nicky's long throw-ins; even if the ball didn't reach Nouble; it seemed to create panic in the defence.

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026
31. 🇷🇺 Ivan Konovalov - 2023 (1 year extension option)
32. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jack Hamilton - 2024

Defenders
2. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Tom Parkes - 2023
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
11. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Morgan Boyes - 2023 (1 year extension option)
25. 🇦🇺 Phillip Cancar - 2024 (1 year extension option)
29. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
17. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2023
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2023
24. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Sean Kelly - 2024
33. 🇧🇪 Stephane Omeonga - 2023

Forwards
7. 🇨🇬 Dylan Bahamboula - 2024 (1 year extension option)
9. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Bruce Anderson - 2024
10. 🇬🇼 Esmaël Gonçalves - 2024 (1 year extension option)
19. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Joel Nouble - 2023 (1 year extension option)
28. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Kurtis Guthrie - 2024 (1 year extension option)

In
Dylan Bahamboula - Oldham Athletic
Scott Bitsindou - KSK Lierse Kempenzonen
Jamie Brandon - Heart of Midlothian
Phillip Cancar - Western Sydney Wanderers
Shamal George - Colchester United
Esmaël Gonçalves - Sheikh Russel
Kurtis Guthrie - RoundGlass Punjab
Jack Hamilton - Greenock Morton
Stephen Kelly - Rangers

Loans Out
Scott Bitsindou - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2024 (1 year extension option)
Harrison Clark - Stirling Albion - Contract Expiry 2023 (?)
Jack Hamilton - Hartlepool United - Contract Expiry 2024
Josh Mullin - Ayr United - Contract Expiry 2023
Jaze Kabia - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2023
Brian Schwake - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2023

Out
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan return)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan return)
Caleb Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa (Loan return)
Alan Forrest - Heart of Midlothian
Keaghan Jacobs - Arbroath
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan return)
Jack McMillan - Partick Thistle
Carlo Pignatiello - Greenock Morton
Matej Poplatnik - Ilireja 1911

Craig Sibbald - Dundee United
Sebastian Soto - Norwich City (Loan return)
Max Stryjek - Wycombe Wanderers
Gavin Reilly - Queen of the South

Edited by EdinburghLivi

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

I'd be particularly interested if he was good at set pieces; particularly corners.

Kelly was very poor with the corners on Wednesday and Shinnie also seems to have lost his touch.

Speaking to a few rangers supporting pals they say his free kicks are pretty impressive. He's also one for a long range shot which is something we don't have a lot of. Found a video of a belter of a free kick he scored against Denmark U-21s https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=694552764959444

Saw CC mentioning that this is probably a long term succession signing like I'd posted about yesterday. You've got Omeonga/Holt/Shinnie/Pittman all out of contract in the summer so he's got a year to settle basically. If he forces his way into the team sooner then good. Pitts will stay you'd think but Omeonga/Holt could get a better deal elsewhere as much as I'm desperate for them to stay.

Shinnie looks done though, we could do with him just packing it in. Looked absolutely lost on Wednesday

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did Kyle and Keaghan have first name initials on theirs, can't remember.

I can't remember either, I'll need to look it up. I think it was maybe just Keaghan that did Ke. Jacobs possibly. Although it now means we can call Stephen Kelly, Saint Kelly of Livingston :D 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

II remember one game had all four Jacobs bros playing for us, that must be a record, firstly having triplets playing in the same team, and secondly four brothers all playing together for a pro football team, should have that on the chase or tipping point.

I believe it's still a world record

He's certainly different from the usual ex pro footballers turned managers, gives a good tactical explanation of his game plan and thought process throughout the game in his post match interviews too, if i'm being honest asides, he's a good listen. If anything he puts too much thought into games and overdoes it at times trying to counter threats from the opposition, but none of the usual dull post match droning on, likes to have a laugh with the interviewer too with his dry wit putting them on the spot.

I'd like to know the stats on having everyone back defending corners to leaving one player up on the halfway line though, that annoys me to an unhealthy rambling state when i'm sitting watching games, i know he puts a lot of stock into the modern day way of analyzing football, and there must be good data backing it up, but it boils my piss seeing us doing it.