Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Can't see the appeal in Stephen Kelly tbh. It'd mean someone like Omeonga is away or Martindale is going to persist with this stupid central/no wingers system

In saying that, I'm meaning a loan. A permanent move would be a good move for him as he'll likely develop, a season to settle in and if we can't tie Omeonga down to a new deal then there's your replacement. Just not a loan please ffs, one year left on his deal - make it happen.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Meh, would take him. Did not impress at Accies last season but he was played as a number 10 was he not? Dominated the Championship with Ross County as a winger.

That was the prev season, scored 11 for us in the Premiership and missed about 9 games through injury.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That was the prev season, scored 11 for us in the Premiership and missed about 9 games through injury.

13 in 36 in all competitions last season, 1 every 163 minutes which is a phenomenal return. More than 1 in every 2 if you go by mins played.

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

13 in 36 in all competitions last season, 1 every 163 minutes which is a phenomenal return. More than 1 in every 2 if you go by mins played.

Yeah had a bit of a bad time of it at the start of the season too after going off against Hibs with a diabetic Seizure, then picking up a couple of injuries, but was still only 2 goals behind the Premiership top goal scorers.

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Any truth in the rumour that Bruce Anderson is coming to Ayr on loan, sounds a bit pie in the sky to me.

10 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

No truth whatsoever.Some belters out there. Martindale wouldn't dare.💩.

I can see the reasoning behind a loan move until January with Bruce struggling for fitness. I would much rather he stayed clearly but with Guthrie now in the building it wouldn't totally shock me to see Bruce go out short term for fitness

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

When is his contract up with Livi? If it’s only got a year to go we might be looking to sign him permanently after the loan?

It's up in the summer and I believe this loan is with a view to give him game time and get him in the shop window for a new club next season. Was a brilliant player for us previously but I felt he lacked the versatility and energy levels that Martindale wants. Most of our players are able to play in many different positions and will run through brick walls for the team, Josh is very much an old school winger but I felt he faded out of games quickly last season before going out on loan. I watched the Ayr game V Dundee last week and Akinyemi could have a field day with the Postman on the wing, his delivery is outstanding. 

5 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I can see the reasoning behind a loan move until January with Bruce struggling for fitness. I would much rather he stayed clearly but with Guthrie now in the building it wouldn't totally shock me to see Bruce go out short term for fitness

Guthrie isn't fully fit either, neither is Goncalves, Bruce just needs games, but it's worrying his ankle has given way twice this season. Still, would be crazy putting your top goal scorer out on loan to get his fitness up, was bad enough sticking Nouble out on loan last season, but that was down to hindsight, not knowing he'd hit the ground running and be so good, with Bruce though, we know exactly what he can do and that he'll do it, score us goals, just get him playing for us and drop this Nouble up front as our main No9 striker.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Guthrie isn't fully fit either, neither is Goncalves, Bruce just needs games, but it's worrying his ankle has given way twice this season. Still, would be crazy putting your top goal scorer out on loan to get his fitness up, was bad enough sticking Nouble out on loan last season, but that was down to hindsight, not knowing he'd hit the ground running and be so good, with Bruce though, we know exactly what he can do and that he'll do it, score us goals, just get him playing for us and drop this Nouble up front as our main No9 striker.

Oh I totally agree that he should stay and get fit here. I was just saying I could see the thought process behind it...even if the decision would be questionable

So with Mullin shipped out on loan. Do you think we'll get another couple of players in before the window closes? Possibly Odin Bailey back on loan to replace Mullin and the rumoured signing of Stephen Kelly. Is there anyone else? 

6 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Not sure Bruce has struggled with fitness; its more been recurring injuries, Not seeing that loaning him out will help that any; particularly if it were a club with one of those dangerous grass pitches.

1 hour ago, spiggle said:

So with Mullin shipped out on loan. Do you think we'll get another couple of players in before the window closes? Possibly Odin Bailey back on loan to replace Mullin and the rumoured signing of Stephen Kelly. Is there anyone else? 

Really frustrating seeing Mullin not getting a chance and going out on loan, effectively ending his days as a Livi player, he'd at least have got us some goals. Thought him and Goncalves linked up well in a cup game too, but for some reason hasn't had a shot of a league game.

1 hour ago, spiggle said:

Bailey is away to Salford apparently

GK: George, Konovalov, Hamilton

RB: Devlin, Brandon
CB: Fitzwater, Obileye, Cancar, Boyes, Parkes
LB: Penrice, Montano, Longridge

CM/CAM: Pittman, Holt, Omeonga, Kelly, Shinnie, Bitsindou

LW/RW: Bahamboula, Nouble
ST: Anderson, Goncalves, Guthrie

Looking at it like that you probably would be looking for another wide player coming in. All the attackers other than Anderson will likely play everywhere across the front 3 this season if we're using width, Shinnie and Montano popping up every now and then too. If we stick with our christmas tree shape then another CM would maybe make sense for cover.

With us getting a red card every other week I wouldn't be averse to one of Marty's classic "anywhere across the defence" backup coming in. Generally think we'd be fine if nothing happened but wouldn't say no to another Kelly and some winger on loan if they're not complete shite.

Edited by LiviLion