Livingston - all the threads merged

38 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not a fan of collars on strips and that collar is huge. Shame as rest of the strip is great. 

Was just going to say the same thing, that collar, fecking hell.:unsure:

Don't want to be a moany c**t but just can't get past the collar. Makes me want to take a pair of scissors to it and cut it off.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Cancar is naturally a CB. Similar to Ciaron Brown, he's very adept at LB. For me, our starting CB partnership should be Fitzwater and Cancar 

Maybe fit in a back 3 again, can't see Obileye getting dropped though. Not yet anyway.

On 24/07/2022 at 23:13, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wonder what Davie thinks is our best starting XI if everyone is fit, i'd go for

Shamal

Devlin                    Fitzwater                  Obileye                      Penrice

Holt                   Pittman                  Omeonga

Mullin             Anderson              Nouble  

Cancar looks a decent replacement for Penrice and we've good options from the bench in Montana, Kelly, Bahamboula, Shinnie and Brandon. Boyes is still to come back from injury too and will hopefully challenge for Obileye's place. 

Not sure Davie sees Mullin as a starter yet though, and can see him starting Shinning or Bahamboula instead, problem with Bahamboula is he's very similar to Nouble, but not as good with his final ball yet though.

I really like Kelly in the sitting midfield role alongside Holt. Hard to leave Omeonga out though. I’m wondering if he could be given a shot on the right hand side of a 4-2-3-1, similar to where we sometimes played Sibbald. He’s a less offensive option out there than Mullin/Bahamboula but, with Nouble on the other side and Pittman through the middle, there’d still be plenty of attacking threat in the midfield. Shite idea? 

George

Devlin  Fitzwater Obileye Penrice

Holt  Kelly

Omeonga  Pittman  Nouble

Anderson 

5 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

I really like Kelly in the sitting midfield role alongside Holt. Hard to leave Omeonga out though. I’m wondering if he could be given a shot on the right hand side of a 4-2-3-1, similar to where we sometimes played Sibbald. He’s a less offensive option out there than Mullin/Bahamboula but, with Nouble on the other side and Pittman through the middle, there’d still be plenty of attacking threat in the midfield. Shite idea? 

George

Devlin  Fitzwater Obileye Penrice

Holt  Kelly

Omeonga  Pittman  Nouble

Anderson 

Yeah Shinnie is also a likely start, it's good that we've a lot of players that are good enough for starting places, we'll need everyone in the squad throughout the season and apart from Anderson and Shamal, we're pretty much covered with quality replacements. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a best team anymore per se.

Depending on who we are playing the "best team" will amend slightly; One imagines that against the old firm we could be fielding a stronger defence and midfield perhaps with attacking options on the bench.

Those games forecast as being more open will have a more balanced team; those with a more physical makeup could potentially have yet another "best team".

At the moment putting together a team seems to be more challenging. not on who to include, but who to leave out. For example Nouble down the right wing seems more "unplayable" than Mullen but Josh still manages to chip in with a few goals.

Concar impressed me on Saturday; not only on the speed of his attack but likewise how quickly he could get back to defend. Penrice was also a very strong left back although the number of injuries he's picking up is a concern.

Morgan Boyes ended last season well although injuries have also be a problem for him.

And talking of injuries; what about Tom Parkes.

It could be a very interesting season; hopefully injuries wont be a large part of it.

59 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a best team anymore per se.

Depending on who we are playing the "best team" will amend slightly; One imagines that against the old firm we could be fielding a stronger defence and midfield perhaps with attacking options on the bench.

Those games forecast as being more open will have a more balanced team; those with a more physical makeup could potentially have yet another "best team".

At the moment putting together a team seems to be more challenging. not on who to include, but who to leave out. For example Nouble down the right wing seems more "unplayable" than Mullen but Josh still manages to chip in with a few goals.

Concar impressed me on Saturday; not only on the speed of his attack but likewise how quickly he could get back to defend. Penrice was also a very strong left back although the number of injuries he's picking up is a concern.

Morgan Boyes ended last season well although injuries have also be a problem for him.

And talking of injuries; what about Tom Parkes.

It could be a very interesting season; hopefully injuries wont be a large part of it.

Think there is a nucleus of Shamal, Fitzwater, Devlin, Holt, Anderson, and prob Nouble who wont be left out when all fit, Pittman would've been in there too but he's not as consistent as he once was. The rest are interchangeable.

Good thing about Nouble is he's equally effective on both wings, so he can swap round to have Mullin or Bahamboula playing in a front 3. Hoping Montano doesn't get injured this season, would like to see him getting a crack at it in midfield too, his bursting runs through the centre look good, not so keen on him playing down the wing, esp as a LB/LWB.

Oh and also liked what i saw of Jamie Brandon, could possibly be another who could play further up on the right wing, working overlaps with Devlin.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Given that it's the opening game of the season and given that  it's a Livi home game would one of you blokes care to start a match thread?

Take your pick, one started yesterday: 

Another today: 

Or maybe you want to start your own, and make it 3.:jerry