Livingston - all the threads merged

Did that actually happen? Not something I'm arsed about really, but to go from "we'll be asking supporters what they want on our amazing custom designed shirt" to not asking supporters and having another template is a bit poor (especially if it is actually a template).

Can't wait for the league to start so I can get wound up about things other than the kit.
The whole poll about the kits was fan run, not club run.

I know this because it was me who did it during lockdown.

This season we are supposed to have bespoke kits, but all of this information came from the same guy who couldn't work out that 2 bookings means a suspension....

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

When we sold Jet we got Bruce Anderson plus just short of £100k. From what I understand we've used that money to bring in Shamal. Outstanding bit of business again from Martindale 

And a 6 foot 6 inches; he wont be needing a step ladder to change a light bulb.

9 hours ago, Lothiangamer said:

Bruce Anderson and !00k for JET....that is an outstanding bit of business.

Hope Shamal lives up to his expectations, hope he turns into on of those players that go through a top sides academy with out playing for them only to show what a mistake it was letting them go. 

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Callum Carson's article suggested a fee of between £75k-£100k for George. He is apparently 6 ft 6 in, so a bit of a giant which is promising.

Dundee, Arbroath or Motherwell definitely looking like the best teams to play in the next round. 

Separately on the highlight format, I love them. Very well shot, they are not meant to be traditional highlights as we will get those via Sky & BBC in the league and cups anyway. Lots of credit should go to the media team for putting out great content so far this season.

I'm also led to believe the fee is spread over 4 years....even better business

49 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Looks like a decent finish from Cancar as well, has to beat his man to the ball, and it's a good finish while sliding. Promising signs

Yeah Cancar has a good burst of pace about him, got in the box to win us the pen too.

25 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'm presuming the choice to bring on Cancar means Longridge will be punted, given that Penrice, Montano and Cancar have all been selected ahead of him in the League Cup games. Kelly and Boyes can also cover there

Longridge played in the league cup too didn't he?

Hard to know till the league games start, Martindale hardly played Mullin either in the cup games, was a lot of chopping and changing going on, Holt was left out the starting XI a couple of times as well, don't think we started our strongest XI at all as we were sticking players on to get fit for the league starting.

I'm presuming the choice to bring on Cancar means Longridge will be punted, given that Penrice, Montano and Cancar have all been selected ahead of him in the League Cup games. Kelly and Boyes can also cover there
Longridge was only on the bench yesterday as filler. He's still injured.

Wonder what Davie thinks is our best starting XI if everyone is fit, i'd go for

Shamal

Devlin                    Fitzwater                  Obileye                      Penrice

Holt                   Pittman                  Omeonga

Mullin             Anderson              Nouble  

Cancar looks a decent replacement for Penrice and we've good options from the bench in Montana, Kelly, Bahamboula, Shinnie and Brandon. Boyes is still to come back from injury too and will hopefully challenge for Obileye's place. 

Not sure Davie sees Mullin as a starter yet though, and can see him starting Shinning or Bahamboula instead, problem with Bahamboula is he's very similar to Nouble, but not as good with his final ball yet though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

23 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

This season we are supposed to have bespoke kits, but all of this information came from the same guy who couldn't work out that 2 bookings means a suspension....

No it didn’t. 

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Can I ask why Livingston are promoting their Season tickets with pic of Motherwel fans?

Just a bit odd to see. Would ave assumed a picture of a packed area of the home end would have been used instead.

Hahahaha f**k sake. That's really funny. Ah well, at least it's not something too serious like forgetting a suspension that puts us out a cup. 

Definitely embarrassing oversight from the club but harmless in the end and it doesn't look like too many folk have caught it either

55 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hahahaha f**k sake. That's really funny. Ah well, at least it's not something too serious like forgetting a suspension that puts us out a cup. 

Definitely embarrassing oversight from the club but harmless in the end and it doesn't look like too many folk have caught it either

Not as bad as when Airdrie put a pic of nazi storm troopers on the front cover of their program for our game against them marking remembrance day,  they thought it was the Australian army. My mate still has the program.😂

*edit. quick google search found it.

Blunder: Airdrie United's Remembrance Day programme angered fans after it accidentally used a picture Nazi Troops

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wonder what Davie thinks is our best starting XI if everyone is fit, i'd go for

Shamal

Devlin                    Fitzwater                  Obileye                      Penrice

Holt                   Pittman                  Omeonga

Mullin             Anderson              Nouble  

Cancar looks a decent replacement for Penrice and we've good options from the bench in Montana, Kelly, Bahamboula, Shinnie and Brandon. Boyes is still to come back from injury too and will hopefully challenge for Obileye's place. 

Not sure Davie sees Mullin as a starter yet though, and can see him starting Shinning or Bahamboula instead, problem with Bahamboula is he's very similar to Nouble, but not as good with his final ball yet though.

Cancar is naturally a CB. Similar to Ciaron Brown, he's very adept at LB. For me, our starting CB partnership should be Fitzwater and Cancar