Livingston - all the threads merged

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

As I mentioned above, attitude and performance issues. 

Ah, it wasn't what you alluded to in the beginning and seemed to quite quickly backtrack. Fair enough if this is what you meant.

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Poor decision making, signing for Dundee twice.

See the source image

Angry He Man GIF

Surprised at the strength of the Ruble given current circumstances. If Konovalov's family are unable to move and they are better off in Russia, I think that's a loss for us. 

Hopefully Max can get a move reasonably soon if he's keen to leave.

Big call from Martindale in paying a fee for a keeper. Colchester fans seem to rate him but the success of this transfer might define our season.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ah, it wasn't what you alluded to in the beginning and seemed to quite quickly backtrack. Fair enough if this is what you meant.

Yeah from what I know the issue last summer was cleared up and he acted correctly. The 'second' chance he had was with Dundee and he didn't do much with it. The time may have been right then but I genuinely don't think he's close to Bruce Anderson's level and he's seemingly got a far better head on his shoulders. 

Edited by ATLIS

14 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

but the success of this transfer might define our season.

This. The situations with both Konovalov and Stryjek have had me properly concerned that this season could be a disaster. That may still happen obviously, but this signing will hopefully bring some much needed stability. 

Wasn't at the game, which means I'm best placed to give my opinions. The lack of proper highlights (those stupid wobbly clips at grass level are pointless) makes it difficult to fill in the gaps too.

Sounds like we slowly got better as the group went on which is encouraging, almost can't believe how we've managed to squeeze through with results going our way - same happened last season I'm sure.

I think we're in a good place and reckon we'll find ourselves towards the upper end of the Glob™ this season. Bring on the zombies.

30 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Wasn't at the game, which means I'm best placed to give my opinions. The lack of proper highlights (those stupid wobbly clips at grass level are pointless) makes it difficult to fill in the gaps too.

Sounds like we slowly got better as the group went on which is encouraging, almost can't believe how we've managed to squeeze through with results going our way - same happened last season I'm sure.

I think we're in a good place and reckon we'll find ourselves towards the upper end of the Glob™ this season. Bring on the zombies.

Unfortunately Montano had a head knock and had to go off, but his replacement Cancar got MoTM from the sponsor today. He won our pen and scored the 2nd goal.

Kelty were just beginning to look like they could get back in the game when we subbed Holt and Omeonga on, then it was all Livi again. Wee Stephane worked his magic past a few Kelty players inside the box and fired a low ball across the box for Cancar to score.

Good penalty from Kelly too, had forgotten it was DJ in goals for them or i'd have been even more nervous watching us taking our pen, he was shit hot saving them for us.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Last season still remember leaving the stadium. seem to remember we used the East stand section for the games due to covid. I think the players were still using the home stand section for games. 

but was leaving the stadium hearing everyone saying we had qualified and I was like WTF!!!  realised we have qualified this time round as I knew we had the chance and the games went our way. hope we manage a decent draw and who knows we could actually get another final and maybe get to go and see it this time :)

Edited by Lothiangamer

10 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Last season still remember leaving the stadium. seem to remember we used the East stand section for the games due to covid. I think the players were still using the home stand section for games. 

but was leaving the stadium hearing everyone saying we had qualified and I was like WTF!!!  realised we have qualified this time round as I knew we had the chance and the games went our way. hope we manage a decent draw and who knows we could actually get another final and maybe get to go and see it this time :)

Aye and if we draw Hearts could it be at home this time.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye and if we draw Hearts could it be at home this time.

St Mirren at home last season in the 2nd round we bet them on pens and drew Rangers at Ibrox. Hearts was in the Scottish Cup. 

I would think most clubs will be looking for Arbroath in the second round as no doubt they will be 1 of 3 seeded teams from the group stage. probably them along with Dundee and Aberdeen should they win tomorrow.

Assuming the draw will be after the Aberdeen Raith game tomorrow.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Early one for it this season but what a day to be a Livi fan. 4 year deal will hopefully mean we get a good fee when (if he does well) big clubs come knocking two years into that deal

As its unlikely we could have afforded much more of a fee; I suspect there a pretty substantial sell-on fee.

18 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

St Mirren at home last season in the 2nd round we bet them on pens and drew Rangers at Ibrox. Hearts was in the Scottish Cup. 

I would think most clubs will be looking for Arbroath in the second round as no doubt they will be 1 of 3 seeded teams from the group stage. probably them along with Dundee and Aberdeen should they win tomorrow.

Assuming the draw will be after the Aberdeen Raith game tomorrow.

Yeah can remember getting them at Tynnie a season or two ago too, prob the Scottish cup again, would be good to get them at home for once. Would prefer avoiding them and the erse cheeks for a round or two right enough, till we're up and running in the league and got a bit more settled. Not really bothered who we get outside those 3, and if we get a home tie, i'd fancy our chances.

28 minutes ago, Durnford said:

As its unlikely we could have afforded much more of a fee; I suspect there a pretty substantial sell-on fee.

When we sold Jet we got Bruce Anderson plus just short of £100k. From what I understand we've used that money to bring in Shamal. Outstanding bit of business again from Martindale 

16 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

When we sold Jet we got Bruce Anderson plus just short of £100k. From what I understand we've used that money to bring in Shamal. Outstanding bit of business again from Martindale 

Bruce Anderson and !00k for JET....that is an outstanding bit of business.

Hope Shamal lives up to his expectations, hope he turns into on of those players that go through a top sides academy with out playing for them only to show what a mistake it was letting them go. 

Callum Carson's article suggested a fee of between £75k-£100k for George. He is apparently 6 ft 6 in, so a bit of a giant which is promising.

Dundee, Arbroath or Motherwell definitely looking like the best teams to play in the next round. 

Separately on the highlight format, I love them. Very well shot, they are not meant to be traditional highlights as we will get those via Sky & BBC in the league and cups anyway. Lots of credit should go to the media team for putting out great content so far this season.