Livingston - all the threads merged

5 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

The Colchester thing seems to have fallen through.

My suspicion is that was another fabrication by the same English journalist who previously came up with Fitzwater to Newcastle and Martindale to Fleetwood. He seems to have picked us as his random Scottish club his English audience know nothing about to use for his bogus transfer claims.

Martindale said it would be 7-10 days last weekend before we made any progress on transfers. It may have gone quiet on the Shamal George rumour but multiple reputable journalists were reporting us having made a bid. Don't think it's at all comparable to Fitzwater and Martindale rumours.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Martindale said it would be 7-10 days last weekend before we made any progress on transfers. It may have gone quiet on the Shamal George rumour but multiple reputable journalists were reporting us having made a bid. Don't think it's at all comparable to Fitzwater and Martindale rumours.

Was a different source this time, Pete O'Rourke rather than Daily Mail, so you're likely right.

If the home kit is just the same design as the away it will be pretty disappointing, IMO. With these kits being 'bespoke', there would have surely been an opportunity to do something a bit more imaginative. 

On that, it amazes me how late we are every year to release the kits.

1 hour ago, KingKachloul said:

If the home kit is just the same design as the away it will be pretty disappointing, IMO. With these kits being 'bespoke', there would have surely been an opportunity to do something a bit more imaginative. 

On that, it amazes me how late we are every year to release the kits.

This season isn't bespoke kits, our first year will be a template as they didn't have enough time to sort a bespoke one. According to the club kits get decided on in December. Next year will be our first bespoke kit with them

25 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

This season isn't bespoke kits, our first year will be a template as they didn't have enough time to sort a bespoke one. According to the club kits get decided on in December. Next year will be our first bespoke kit with them

I thought the exact same was said last season though? That those were templates and this season would be bespoke?

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I thought the exact same was said last season though? That those were templates and this season would be bespoke?

f**k knows then :D The design they're using isn't exactly the greatest, it's a bit of a lazy kit design in the first place. 

10 hours ago, LiviLion said:

This was my understanding too. It was mentioned in the official presser for last season's kits.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/introducing-our-2021-22-home-and-away-kits/

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

This was my understanding too. It was mentioned in the official presser for last season's kits.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/introducing-our-2021-22-home-and-away-kits/

Noticed this quote from that:

looking ahead to the 2022/23 season, we’ll have a blank canvass to work with and will have full reigns on an all-singing, all-dancing custom design – something that we’ll be speaking with supporters about later in the year to get thoughts and ideas on what they’d all like to see.

Did that actually happen? Not something I'm arsed about really, but to go from "we'll be asking supporters what they want on our amazing custom designed shirt" to not asking supporters and having another template is a bit poor (especially if it is actually a template).

Can't wait for the league to start so I can get wound up about things other than the kit.

Edited by LiviLion

Did that actually happen? Not something I'm arsed about really, but to go from "we'll be asking supporters what they want on our amazing custom designed shirt" to not asking supporters and having another template is a bit poor (especially if it is actually a template).

Can't wait for the league to start so I can get wound up about things other than the kit.
I remember there being a poll to decide folks favourite kit from our history....was hoping that would lead to an updated version of the winner which was the smasher from 2001

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I remember there being a poll to decide folks favourite kit from our history....was hoping that would lead to an updated version of the winner which was the smasher from 2001

On reflection, a poll asking for favourite kits could quite easily be dressed up as fan input on any new strip, without asking the blatantly obvious "what do you want our new kit to look like".  

Connell Trueman was in goals for the team today in their 1-0 win.

I know we’re possibly reaching a bit with Shamal George but to go from wanting a guy that’s a team’s POTY and getting rave reviews to then be looking at a guy that was released because he couldn’t break through into even being a backup isn’t very convincing