Livingston - all the threads merged

5 hours ago, Livi1 said:

Lol, he’s not a winger. He’s a centre forward, a target man. Play him up through the middle, let Anderson play off him.
I’ve not seen a game this season yet, but I can tell from the teams he’s putting out that we aren’t going to do well. The midfield is too weak. 
He’s played a midfield 3 that’s not good enough against Inverness, it’s not going to cut it in the league. 
He has Omeonga sitting on the bench, and Pittman playing out of position. 
Anyway, no point chatting with you, it’s clear you know nothing at all about football and less about manners. 

You're talking shite mate, Nouble himself has even came out and said he doesn't like playing up front as he's a winger not a striker. He's not a target man, he likes to get wide and beat his man using his physique - he was totally ineffective last season when played as a striker.

Even more proof you're out your depth, you're saying we're playing Pittman out of position :D Get yourself to f**k you idiot

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I take it Livi have a fair bit of cash to spend then?

It'll be a load of nonsense, we're in no need of another CM/CDM. We have apparently submitted a club record bid for Colchester's keeper and POTY Shamal George though so that suggests there's some money somewhere to spend.

Guest Livi1
10 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You've clearly never seen Nouble play at all. Nouble up front is as useless as a chocolate fireguard. He played on the wing at Arbroath and plays on the wing for us now after we tried him up front and he was, you guessed it, pish.

You haven't seen a game all season but yet claim to know everything about our squad. Aye, that makes perfect sense....

Pittman being played out of position?
How on earth would you know that having not seen a game?
He played in the same position last night as he has done for the past 6 years.

How about you actually learn something about our team rather than just spewing utter pish.

The report I read said we played a 4/3/3 with Pittman in central midfield. If that was the case, then he was out of position.  
If it was a 4/2/3/1 then it’s midfield of  

Kelly.  Holt

Pittman

which still looks weak to me, and won’t be good enough in the league. 
We are playing with too many forwards and attacking  midfielders. 
We don’t need to, we can still be dangerous and be more solid defensively with one less forward and one more midfielder. And it should enable us better control of the middle of the park to allow us to dictate the tempo.

Edited by Livi1

Guest Livi1
9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Midfield wasn't weak, we were pretty dominant in midfield, that's why Caley hit us in the counter with long balls over the top of our midfield. Not sure how Nouble would do if he partnered Anderson, he isn't a striker per se, because he doesn't score many goals, hasn't scored any for us yet and has had chances, but he may do ok as the target man providing Anderson with opportunities to score, his best position has been on either wing though, and has played really well for both us and Arbroath playing there. If we set up with 2 up front i wouldn't be averse to seeing Nouble play alongside Anderson though, he does win heaers for flick ons and is strong holding the ball up. We seem to prefer a one up top or a front 3 though.

The midfield is imbalanced, that’s why it is susceptible to the counter. We commit too many players forward, too often. 
Nouble would do fine up top alongside Anderson, with Pittman or Shinnie behind. 
We’ve got good quality midfielders in Holt and Omeonga, with Bitsindou sitting behind, It’s better balanced, if you are trying to play a possession game. Which with the players we have now, I think we should. We’ve got a habit of committing too many players forward and trying to go from back to front too quickly. With our midfield we should be a bit cleverer with when we pass into the forwards. 

Edited by Livi1

Guest Livi1
5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

You're talking shite mate, Nouble himself has even came out and said he doesn't like playing up front as he's a winger not a striker. He's not a target man, he likes to get wide and beat his man using his physique - he was totally ineffective last season when played as a striker.

Even more proof you're out your depth, you're saying we're playing Pittman out of position :D Get yourself to f**k you idiot

He’s a centre forward whether he likes it or not. He’d be much more effective with the right partner and the right support from midfield in a central area, where he’d cause defences more problems, rather than out wide. 
He’d give most centre halves in Scotland, outwith the Old Firm problems. 
And if I was David Martindale I’d be telling young Jack Hamilton to watch and try to emulate him. 
And do yourself a favour w**k stain, don’t tell me what to do, tit.

Edited by Livi1

15 hours ago, Livi1 said:

He’s a centre forward whether he likes it or not.

And if I was David Martindale I’d be telling young Jack Hamilton to watch and try to emulate him. 

And do yourself a favour w**k stain, don’t tell me what to do, tit.

When you're in nursery tomorrow get them to explain the meaning of irony, you little cretin.

Edited by mozam76

While they're not remotely similar players, this debate reminds me of the chat regarding Jordan White. Folk thought cause he was 6' ft + that he's a target man, despite the fact all evidence shows that it's their link up play that's key

On another note, I think a few fans are getting a bit worked up over one result (incidentally our first defeat in a competitive game in 8 games?) Recruitment looks decent with Cancar, Bitsindou providing depth in key areas and Goncalves looking like a good Anderson replacement with the amount of runs in behind he tried on Tuesday. Only issues remain the keeper situation and possibly a LB/LW if Longridge and Montano go. I'd imagine both could be loans later in the transfer window

While they're not remotely similar players, this debate reminds me of the chat regarding Jordan White. Folk thought cause he was 6' ft + that he's a target man, despite the fact all evidence shows that it's their link up play that's key
On another note, I think a few fans are getting a bit worked up over one result (incidentally our first defeat in a competitive game in 8 games?) Recruitment looks decent with Cancar, Bitsindou providing depth in key areas and Goncalves looking like a good Anderson replacement with the amount of runs in behind he tried on Tuesday. Only issues remain the keeper situation and possibly a LB/LW if Longridge and Montano go. I'd imagine both could be loans later in the transfer window
Exactly...far too early to be hitting the panic button. Yes there are areas of concern but it's giving us the chance to identify and fix them before the league starts. Just need to look at the start of last season Vs how we did overall to see that we can turn things around. I like to look of Cancar, certainly has a bit of pace which is something we haven't had at CB for a while. Goncalves will come good with fitness I'm sure...he's a quality player. Bahamboula looks decent too but maybe needs to improve his final ball. Bitsindou looked really assured in the middle of the park when he came on...sounds like he's better in midfield than defence going by comments from the rovers game

Penrice has been superb too, and he's obv not fully up to speed having had an op during the post season/pre season period. Yeah the new signing are looking good, Omeonga is still to play as well, once everyone is fully fit we'll have a decent looking team that can challenge for a top 6 spot again. Speaking of which, i noticed Davie wasn't trying to do the usual playing it coy saying 10th place is our target, he's going for top 6 this season.

Yeah we were dreadful in league cup group games last season and took about 10 games to get up to speed in the league too, and were seconds from making the top 6 when Motherwell equalised. Always feel the league cup is one we have a genuine chance of doing well in though, if we can make it past the group stages, hope we can do it again.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

To put it in Football Manager terms, Nouble is a Wide Target Man. He definitely has been most effective in this position for Livi. I don't think we should be changing our shape to a 4-4-2 as the 4-3-3 allows our Wing Backs to create overlaps which is probably our strongest element of our game - something that Nouble facilitates, fantastically.

As far as Anderson being out the starting 11, he picked up a knock pre-season and I think Davie is bringing him in slowly. Ultimately, the League Cup is a tournament we all enjoy but it isn't a priority and I'd prefer we try a few new things and lose in the LC which sets up for the league campaign with an understanding of our strengths and weaknesses as apposed to strolling it and not being set up for the league - we do remember winning our LC under Kenny Miller but looking absolutely pish throughout playing the same system with Kenny playing as a CB at times.   

Anderson could just as easily have started the first half and came off at HT, or as long as he felt he was able to keep going, neither Goncalves or Anderson are fit enough for 90 mins. I'd rather we had started our strongest XI then rested a few players if we were in the position to do so, than leave it till we were behind and bringing them on to try and salvage something.

Still not seen a reason Mullin was left sitting on the bench all game too, both him and Anderson scored in our previous game, and are prob our biggest goal threats just now. He was getting stripped along with Jacko to come on for the penalties had Holt scored his pen and taken us to the shoot out for the bonus point. 

Done now and we are where we are, the management team has made a big error in team selection though.

6 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

What’s the report on Robby McCrorie then lads?
Talk that Carson has picked up an injury for us & McCrorie is coming in on loan

Mixed opinions. The QoS fans thought he was really good but he seemed to struggle in the Premiership.

Generally a pretty good keeper but subject to the occasional brain f##t moment. That being said he'd be a marked improvement on what we have at the moment IMO.

One of the biggest criticisms I had with him was his lack of authority or communication with the defence. He's a bit older now so maybe he's matured.

32 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

He’s utterly shite. Worst keeper I’ve seen at Livi for a while. Hopeless at catching anything swung into his box, drops a lot of balls too. 

This level was far too high for him, might do well down the leagues a bit but I wouldn’t take him back despite us being desperate for keepers at the minute 

6 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

Excellent distribution. Fast off his line to sweep up opposition through balls. Good at one on ones. Therefore, he's best suited to a team that plays a high defensive line.

Struggles more when his team are defending in their own box and especially if high crosses are being looped in. He's maybe not a "commanding" keeper.

If its last chance saloon. Id take him.The guys in front of him would Have to put a helluva shift to take pressure off him.The support is divided,and rightly so.Max,got other things on his mind.Ivan reasonably reliable. Do we get Shwake back from his loan spell.The Colchester thing seems to have fallen through.Wrve always been good in the goalie situation. Until now.