Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought it was both our keepers leaving, and us bringing one in.

Ah, right, thanks for the correction. Well that'll be an interesting turnover if it happens.

It's no wonder you hear some managers tearing their hair out when it comes to goalkeepers. Stryjek has every facet needed to be a top goalkeeper, and has had plenty games where he's turned in a top goalkeeping performance. The cock ups are absolutely infuriating because he's proved he can do the job.

The frustrating thing for Davie must be that any possible interest and income from Max may have been completely gone due to him being an absolute bombscare. Potentially we are going from having a single goalie most of last season to 3 goalkeepers this year - 2 of which don't look cut out and a complete unknown. 

Edited by DavideFernandezLoveChild

Unfortunately Stryjeks love of the "odd drink" has been well documented. It was announced that he'd got that under control but I would suggest he's still playing "under the influence".

For the Morton game he came on walking like a man who'd been on a five day bender.

When he's on form he's an excellent keeper but there really does seem to be something not right there.

Guest Livi1

Why isn’t Martindale playing Nouble and Anderson up front as a partnership? The pair look like they’d compliment each other well. 
Any idea why Bisinsdou wasn’t in the squad yesterday?

Guest Livi1
Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

He came on as a sub.

Cheers, just seen the highlights on the Twitter page. 
Think we’d be better if we played 4/4/2 diamond. Nouble and Anderson up front

Bisindou

Omeonga.            Holt

Pittman / Shinnie

looks like a good well balanced midfield behind the front 2

Why isn’t Martindale playing Nouble and Anderson up front as a partnership? The pair look like they’d compliment each other well. 
Any idea why Bisinsdou wasn’t in the squad yesterday?
Davie isn't playing Nouble up front because he's not a striker.
It has shades of playing Hakeem Odoffin up front for me.
Hes a winger.
He also partnered Anderson up front when Max got himself sent off and they were completely ineffective.
Game changed when Shinnie came on for Nouble.

Maybe it's best to stick to talking about games you've actually been to rather than watching the 2 minute 17 second long highlights from shit angles before spouting opinions on here.

Guest Livi1
11 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Davie isn't playing Nouble up front because he's not a striker.
It has shades of playing Hakeem Odoffin up front for me.
Hes a winger.
He also partnered Anderson up front when Max got himself sent off and they were completely ineffective.
Game changed when Shinnie came on for Nouble.

Maybe it's best to stick to talking about games you've actually been to rather than watching the 2 minute 17 second long highlights from shit angles before spouting opinions on here.

Lol, he’s not a winger. He’s a centre forward, a target man. Play him up through the middle, let Anderson play off him.
I’ve not seen a game this season yet, but I can tell from the teams he’s putting out that we aren’t going to do well. The midfield is too weak. 
He’s played a midfield 3 that’s not good enough against Inverness, it’s not going to cut it in the league. 
He has Omeonga sitting on the bench, and Pittman playing out of position. 
Anyway, no point chatting with you, it’s clear you know nothing at all about football and less about manners. 

Edited by Livi1

Guest Livi1
11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If you've actually watched games Nouble's played in and your conclusion is he's a centre forward and not a winger, you've not really been watching.

He’s a centre forward, not a winger or an inside forward. Well if you want the best out of him. But you need someone else close to him, Anderson and others running past him, Pittman or Shinnie. 
He’s very good at holding the ball up and linking up play, he’s got decent pace. Can’t tell you about his finishing because I’ve not seen him have too many shots on goal from where he’s played. Looks like he should be a threat in the air. Play him up through the middle, that’s where he’s be most effective, with the right system, players around him. 

Lol, he’s not a winger. He’s a centre forward, a target man. Play him up through the middle, let Anderson play off him.
I’ve not seen a game this season yet, but I can tell from the teams he’s putting out that we aren’t going to do well. The midfield is too weak. 
He’s played a midfield 3 that’s not good enough against Inverness, it’s not going to cut it in the league. 
Anyway, no point chatting with you, it’s clear you know nothing at all about football and less about manners. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You've clearly never seen Nouble play at all. Nouble up front is as useless as a chocolate fireguard. He played on the wing at Arbroath and plays on the wing for us now after we tried him up front and he was, you guessed it, pish.

You haven't seen a game all season but yet claim to know everything about our squad. Aye, that makes perfect sense....

Pittman being played out of position?
How on earth would you know that having not seen a game?
He played in the same position last night as he has done for the past 6 years.

How about you actually learn something about our team rather than just spewing utter pish.

2 hours ago, Livi1 said:

Midfield wasn't weak, we were pretty dominant in midfield, that's why Caley hit us in the counter with long balls over the top of our midfield. Not sure how Nouble would do if he partnered Anderson, he isn't a striker per se, because he doesn't score many goals, hasn't scored any for us yet and has had chances, but he may do ok as the target man providing Anderson with opportunities to score, his best position has been on either wing though, and has played really well for both us and Arbroath playing there. If we set up with 2 up front i wouldn't be averse to seeing Nouble play alongside Anderson though, he does win heaers for flick ons and is strong holding the ball up. We seem to prefer a one up top or a front 3 though.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Have you guys heard anything about signing Allardice from Inverness?

Their fans seem to be abrupt and against such a notion.

Am I right in thinking he's a CM? if so I can't see it given we've got Omeonga, Holt, Pittman, Shinnie, Kelly, Bitsindou and Obileye who can play there

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Have you guys heard anything about signing Allardice from Inverness?

Their fans seem to be abrupt and against such a notion.

I take it Livi have a fair bit of cash to spend then?