Livingston - all the threads merged

Sibbald to Dundee United according to Daily Record. Surprised they went for him after his fitness issues last season but think he is better than a lot of their midfield options. Good move for him.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

St Mirren haven't finished above us once since we both came up from the Championship. Thank you very much. 

He's not very saintsible at all really. St Mirren would love a top 6 finish, we've had 2 since coming back up, something they can only dream of.

The loaned players really cluttered up the squad last season and likely took playing minutes away from Sibbald at times. Sibbald then left us due to lack of playing time. Soto, Chukwuemeka, Lewis and Williamson contributed very little. While Bailey was great, a direct result of accomodating him was Mullin wasting a season in the tier below and the afore-mentioned Sibbald issue. I'm glad loan signings aren't being prioritised again this summer.

Edited by FreedomFarter

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

The loaned players really cluttered up the squad last season and likely took playing minutes away from Sibbald at times. Sibbald then left us due to lack of playing time. Soto, Chukwuemeka, Lewis and Williamson contributed very little. While Bailey was great, a direct result of accomodating him was Mullin wasting a season in the tier below and the afore-mentioned Sibbald issue. I'm glad loan signings aren't being prioritised again this summer.

As much as I'd agree with the idea that loan players can disrupt the squads, Sibbald's lack of game time last year probably came down to his own fitness and the arrival of Shinnie. 

Given how little Chuwuemeka and Soto contributed, we'd have been as well recalling/keeping Hamilton and Mullin with Nouble back in January 

Can't say I'd be too upset at Stryjek leaving and I don't think having McCrorie/Stryjek rotation situation again would help any CB pairing. He's a decent lower half Premiership keeper, however it's clear he won't coach the mistakes out his game

Edited by The Wrong Car

I got the impression that Sibbald really struggled to get back to his best after a nasty bout of covid. A fully fit Sibbald is a starter for us IMO, but it's been more than a year since he was fit.

Calculated risk for United if they sign him, but probably worth it as there's a quality player in there. Sibbald always came across as a good guy, hope it works out for him.

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

As I recall there was the suggestion that we got players like Ben Williamson on the proviso of guaranteed playing time. I suppose a parent club has the right to expect that if they're continuing to pay 100% of the loaned players wages but shoehorning players like Williamson straight into the team ahead of the likes of Jacobs; Mullen;  McMillan and Sibbald did have a negative effect on the team as a whole IMO.

Aye Sibbald has asthma and took a long time recovering from Covid, he also got stitches in his shin from a tackle by Byrne when we played Dundee, injuries and illness dogged him all last season and he just didn't get back fit to get a run in the team.

I wish him well if he gets signed by Utd, deserves a bit of break after the shit he went through last season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Martindale said on Saturday that "players" (note the plural) had newly asked to leave due to concerns over their playing time prospects this season. One was thought to be the back-up keeper, Konovalov. I've no idea, personally, and I'd be a bit surprised but I suppose it's possible Hamilton was the other.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wee bit of chat on our forum that we could be paying you lads a nominal fee for Jack Hamilton. Reckon there could be any truth in that or just nonsense?

Unlikely - he's just signed a two year extension

41 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, Durnford said:
Unlikely - he's just signed a two year extension

Perhaps to ensure a fee

We would've been guaranteed a fee anyway as compensation, which would've been something like 100k which sounds more than nominal 

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Martindale said on Saturday that "players" (note the plural) had newly asked to leave due to concerns over their playing time prospects this season. One was thought to be the back-up keeper, Konovalov. I've no idea, personally, and I'd be a bit surprised but I suppose it's possible Hamilton was the other.

Thought it was both our keepers leaving, and us bringing one in. I liked Max but he's making too many fuckups now, having an absolute mare of a pre season and cup game tonight.