Livingston - all the threads merged

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The black bars down the sides make it look a bit like a st mirren top...it's a decent effort though. Expecting great things for the home kit as it's bespoke

Was discussing with my mates earlier, if the sides were white it would look better.

Already growing on me after initially not being a fan.

47 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The black bars down the sides make it look a bit like a st mirren top...it's a decent effort though. Expecting great things for the home kit as it's bespoke

Bright yellow with one or all of those pictures (right hand side of the picture above) printed on it. Joma to ruin the season.

I keep changing my mind on that away one, at first I absolutely hated it but seeing more pictures I've warmed to it a bit more. The sides being plain white would make me happy but just looks bit busy. The graphic has the black stripes being a bit smaller and the yellow one being a bit bigger; which I think would have looked a bit better than what we've got.

Edited by LiviLion

59 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Do we have an expected date for the home kit?

The away one is a nice kit, but it doesn't look like a Livi shirt

Not sure we've got a stereotypical Livi shirt. I suppose the closest thing we've got to an identity is the colour, either Amber/yellow and black, the strips themselves have been so varied in designs and colours though, which isn't unusual for an away strip/2nd strip, but we do the same with home/1st strips.

As long as there is some Amber/yellow in the strips they'll get pass marks though, tying them in with an identity to our colours.

Not keen.

Think that stripe down the middle needs to be more prominent, or not there at all. As the stripe is there It would make sense to have a symmetrical collar too. The sleeve sponsor looks really badly done, you would have thought that they could have dropped the square and just went with their logo. 

Hopefully, it grows on me. 

Bright yellow with one or all of those pictures (right hand side of the picture above) printed on it. Joma to ruin the season.

I keep changing my mind on that away one, at first I absolutely hated it but seeing more pictures I've warmed to it a bit more. The sides being plain white would make me happy but just looks bit busy. The graphic has the black stripes being a bit smaller and the yellow one being a bit bigger; which I think would have looked a bit better than what we've got.
I'm still hoping for a remake of the 2001 home kit...would be VERY popular I'd imagine

Not keen.
Think that stripe down the middle needs to be more prominent, or not there at all. As the stripe is there It would make sense to have a symmetrical collar too. The sleeve sponsor looks really badly done, you would have thought that they could have dropped the square and just went with their logo. 
Hopefully, it grows on me. 
The sleeve sponsor is covering over the ClarkeEPos sleeve cover. Which I'm lead to believe is actually part of the top and not an iron on sponsor....

The home kit to be released the day before the game against The Rangers.

The sleeve sponsor is covering over the ClarkeEPos sleeve cover. Which I'm lead to believe is actually part of the top and not an iron on sponsor....

The home kit to be released the day before the game against The Rangers.
Surely before the first home game of the cup

Squad update following Bahamboula coming in. 

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026
31. 🇷🇺 Ivan Konovalov - 2023 (1 year extension option)
32. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jack Hamilton - 2024
40. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Gary Maley - Jan 2023

Defenders
2. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Tom Parkes - 2023
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Morgan Boyes - 2023 (1 year extension option)
25. 🇦🇺 Phillip Cancar - 2024 (1 year extension option)
29. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2023
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2023
20. 🇨🇬 Scott Bitsindou - 2024 (1 year extension option)
24. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Sean Kelly - 2024
33. 🇧🇪 Stephane Omeonga - 2023

Forwards
7. 🇨🇬 Dylan Bahamboula - 2024 (1 year extension option)
9. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Bruce Anderson - 2024
10. 🇬🇼 Esmaël Gonçalves - 2024 (1 year extension option)
11. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
14. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Josh Mullin - 2023
19. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Joel Nouble - 2023 (1 year extension option)
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2023
28. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Kurtis Guthrie - 2024 (1 year extension option)

In
Dylan Bahamboula - Oldham Athletic
Scott Bitsindou - KSK Lierse Kempenzonen
Jamie Brandon - Heart of Midlothian
Phillip Cancar - Western Sydney Wanderers
Shamal George - Colchester United
Esmaël Gonçalves - Sheikh Russel
Kurtis Guthrie - RoundGlass Punjab
Jack Hamilton - Greenock Morton

Loans Out
Harrison Clark - Stirling Albion - Contract Expiry 2023 (?)
Jack Hamilton - Hartlepool United - Contract Expiry 2024
Jaze Kabia - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2023
Brian Schwake - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2023

Out
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan return)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan return)
Caleb Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa (Loan return)
Alan Forrest - Heart of Midlothian
Keaghan Jacobs - Arbroath
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan return)
Jack McMillan - Partick Thistle
Carlo Pignatiello - Greenock Morton
Matej Poplatnik - Ilireja 1911

Craig Sibbald - Dundee United
Sebastian Soto - Norwich City (Loan return)
Max Stryjek - Wycombe Wanderers
Gavin Reilly - Queen of the South

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Guest Livi1
3 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Good to see Bruce on the bench.Injury not as serious as first thought apparently. 👍.

Good to see him get back on the pitch and scoring. 
Never saw the game today, but I couldn’t figure out our formation. We started the match with a back 4 and 1 central midfielder, the rest of the team were attacking midfielders or forwards?

Club has apparently submitted a ‘record fee’ bid for Colchester’s POTY Shamal George, a goalkeeper. 

Seems like Martindale isn’t fond of Stryjek or Konovalov as first choice 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Club has apparently submitted a ‘record fee’ bid for Colchester’s POTY Shamal George, a goalkeeper. 

Seems like Martindale isn’t fond of Stryjek or Konovalov as first choice 

He's not the only one.

Stryjek can do a job for us in the Premiership but makes howling mistakes that costs us points, and the ones in the Morton game were the straw that broke the camel's back in being able to have faith in him cutting them out.

Konovalov hasn't been seriously tested yet, but was very suspect for the first goal today, and didn't look great for the 2nd either, you want a keeper that can win you pts by stopping 'certain goals' now and again.

Dunno where it leaves Ayo too though, he's just as bad as Stryjek for howling mistakes leading to goals. Cancar looks like he could be decent, Bitsindou looks comfortable on the ball but would have to see him tested against top flight opposition to know if he's defensively up to it.

We really need to improve defending set pieces, we conceded far too many goals from them last season, and another 2 today shows we're still a soft touch from them.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

23 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Pete O'Rourke who I think occasionally works for Sky is reporting this so looks to be a goer.

Haven't seen the goals but can't help thinking this is a bit scattergun.

Apparently interest in both Stryjek and Konovalov after Martindale gave permission to both of their agents to get them a move.