Livingston - all the threads merged

4 Trialists seems mad after Martindale was suggesting that business was pretty much done. 
No sign of Batsindou?
I'd imagine 2 of the trialists are Bahamboula and the defender from Cardiff(?) that was mentioned in the press. Sounds like Bruce Anderson was injured before kick off and Hamilton has since been subbed off with injury...not a great start to pre season

Yeh,no Anderson ,Hamilton off injured.An unfit Goncalves up front.Said weeks ago,we've got to get a decent striker in before the season starts proper.From our point of view,early doors I get but this really has to be addressed. 

I think three of the trialists were Bitsandou, Cancar and Bahamboula. I was sure the number 7, the 4th trialist, was Omeonga but I must have been wrong. He was on the other side of the park from me but that running style was too similar to wee Stephane for it to have been someone else, no?!

Max has had an absolute mare today. Three suicidal goals - thanks feck it was a friendly!

onwards!

Didn't see the game, but the reports leave a lot of questions 😂

Max is still here, but for how long? Is his head in the game?

Are we having issues getting international clearance for players if we're playing signed players as trialists?

Just how unfit is Esma?

Are Bruce/Jack ready for the start of the season?

Where's Parkes/Omeonga/Penrice/all of the newbies?

Why are we in a white kit again?

Didn't see the game, but the reports leave a lot of questions [emoji23]
Max is still here, but for how long? Is his head in the game?
Are we having issues getting international clearance for players if we're playing signed players as trialists?
Just how unfit is Esma?
Are Bruce/Jack ready for the start of the season?
Where's Parkes/Omeonga/Penrice/all of the newbies?
Why are we in a white kit again?

Parkes, Boyes and Penrice had operations over the break and Martindale has said they're still not quite ready. As for the white kit, we've done the same the last few season for the friendlies...it's just a training kit and has no bearing on the final kit

18 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Just how unfit is Esma?

He was last playing in Bangladesh where you can see from Youtube clips, he just dawdled about. He looked like a fat dad at 5-a-sides today. Hamilton is first reserve to Anderson currently with Nouble the other option. Isma showed today that he isn't an option yet but hopefully he can get fit in time and become one. 

It was Omeonga, aye. First half, either Devlin would overlap wide of Nouble or Omeonga would run beyond him into an attacking right channel position. Omeonga's not a goal threat but he could provide assists if he gets into those positions. Produced one useful cut back from it today.

FWITS worth.That wasn't the Livi I'm used to whatching.Due to injuries and an overweight unfit replacement.No complaints. We had nothing up front which Morton capitalised,and fair play to them.Our defence especially our goalkeeper had an absolute mare at best.Weve got to get our proverbial arses into gear,otherwise could be going to Greenock in a couple of years.

Thought we were no bad 2nd half, till Max decided to gift them 2 goals, good finish for Morton's 3rd though. It kept breaking down when we got inside their box, really needed to just fire in a fast ball across the 6 yard box instead of trying to pass it into the net all the time, or just have a shot at goal, on this evidence we were crying out for Forrest, someone to cut across the box and shoot. Nobody looked a goal threat for us, didn't help losing Anderson and Hamilton right enough. No23 looked good for us, immediately looks to zip it about and get things going, like the look of him.

Was good of Max to take the heat off Ayo though, outdoing him with giving the ball away for both goals.

Think the 2nd half CB trialist was Cancar, he looked far more assured on the ball than Ayo.

On a positive note Schwake kept a clean sheet.

On 01/07/2022 at 15:12, LogieLivi said:

He signed a pre contract with Dunfermline.
Then they got relegated.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up back at Failkirk tbh.

Thanks

i would have thought he could have went to a championship club easily, potentially even another premier league club