Livingston - all the threads merged

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hope he stays for another season, as i think he'd score a barrel load of goals this season and his price would be a lot more than Dykes money.

This'll sound stupid, but I don't think he would be valued higher than Dykes even if he did bag 15+ goals.

Dykes had the physicality to go with his goal record, Anderson (and I'm probably being unfair) doesn't and also doesn't have the hold up play.

A lot of English clubs, especially in the Championship, will value size + hold up play higher than pure goalscoring.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This'll sound stupid, but I don't think he would be valued higher than Dykes even if he did bag 15+ goals.

Dykes had the physicality to go with his goal record, Anderson (and I'm probably being unfair) doesn't and also doesn't have the hold up play.

A lot of English clubs, especially in the Championship, will value size + hold up play higher than pure goalscoring.

Dunno i think Anderson has improved in his hold up play and a far better goal scorer than Dykes, he's so quick getting his shots away.  Different player to Dykes but looks a better no9 and if he scores the goals to back that up he'd surely be worth more money.

Still, if we have a decent offer for any of our players we wont stand in their way of making a step up and life changing money. Selfishly as a fan i want him to stay one more season and score tons of goals for us.

Good comments from fellow fans.Right let's get down to the nitty gritty here.Bruce goes for relative megabucks.What have we got left striker wise .Imo zilch.Id hoped someone decent would come in if he got injured to help us.Hasnt happened. Look at the current options. Is it just me or am I whatching a different game.From wingers,mid field to the back yeh fine.But up front🤷‍♂️.Bruce goes,we have a problem.Livi fans know what I'm saying. I'll leave it there.

It’s good to see a guy like Anderson doing well and potentially getting a big move. Had a dreadful spell on loan with us but from what I’ve heard he really struggled living on his own in Ayr during COVID when he couldn’t really do anything besides go to training. There were a couple of games where you could see he was good but stuff off the field affected him too much.

Good comments from fellow fans.Right let's get down to the nitty gritty here.Bruce goes for relative megabucks.What have we got left striker wise .Imo zilch.Id hoped someone decent would come in if he got injured to help us.Hasnt happened. Look at the current options. Is it just me or am I whatching a different game.From wingers,mid field to the back yeh fine.But up front[emoji2369].Bruce goes,we have a problem.Livi fans know what I'm saying. I'll leave it there.

Can’t say I agree with this. Goncalves will be that guy. If Bruce goes, yes we need to replace him but we’re not so reliant on him we’re screwed if he goes.

TBF.Aberdeens loss was our gain.Weve seen the best of him.Was always going to be difficult for him to replicate Dykes Hardie etc.But he did.Would be or could be the difference of us fighting our expected relegation battle or with the newbies defying the odds once again.Hes had the chance of top six cruelly taken from him.Hope he stays. 

17 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Good comments from fellow fans.Right let's get down to the nitty gritty here.Bruce goes for relative megabucks.What have we got left striker wise .Imo zilch.Id hoped someone decent would come in if he got injured to help us.Hasnt happened. Look at the current options. Is it just me or am I whatching a different game.From wingers,mid field to the back yeh fine.But up front🤷‍♂️.Bruce goes,we have a problem.Livi fans know what I'm saying. I'll leave it there.

We've just signed Esmail Goncalves as a backup to Anderson. If Bruce does leave then I'm sure Martindale will have targets identified as potential replacements. Potentially loans or, given the wedge we should expect for Bruce, a good young striker who has a point to prove like Connor McLennan, Glen Middleton or Zak Rudden for example

4 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Can’t say I agree with this. Goncalves will be that guy. If Bruce goes, yes we need to replace him but we’re not so reliant on him we’re screwed if he goes.

Have seen Goncalves .He's no Bruce.If Bruce is gone youl see what I mean.Im talking Premier League here.Christ as many other Livi fans have eluded I hope this is just paper talk.

I think folk are getting a bit too uppity over a rumour. Bruce leaving wouldn't be the be huge catastrophe some are making out. We've got goals throughout the team even from wingers. He'd be replaced which is fine.

Absolutely no way Esma has been brought in to play ahead of him at all.

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

His good run of form stretched for about 3 months and even if he goes, we have 2 months of a transfer window to replace him. He would be an important player for us this season but this is hardly worth panicking over at this point. 

Agree with RandomGuy, don't think he has as big an upside as Dykes yet so would not expect as much cash. Also can't see this happening unless Ross Stewart gets a big move.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Can see both sides here, though i'm swayed more to the hoping Bruce stays side, over the one where we'd be fine without him. Imo he didn't even come close to what he could do with us, between the shite start we had to the season, where players had injuries and illness to deal with, including Bruce with that diabetic seizure, then him missing all the games at the run in through injury. Despite that he still scored 11 league goals, I think there is so much more to come from him this season if he stays.

However yeah we have goal scorers in the team and Goncalves COULD be decent, but personally i'd still rather have a proven goal scorer from last season with even greater potential going into this one.

12 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Speaking of strikers who have a point to prove...I see a certain Mr Griffiths is actively looking for a new club. Genuinely thought he'd wrap it after failing at Falkirk

Good player but so messed up with off field shite wasting his head, sadly i don't think it's worth the effort involved trying to keep him focused on football. Almost certain to let you down. Destined to end up at Alloa or some team that level, a la Riordan.

15 hours ago, LiviLion said:

No way there are people who still think Griffiths is a good player? :lol:

I refuse to believe that, he's absolutely done. 

Yep he's had chances to prove himself at Dundee and Falkirk, and failed. Don't know if there is a player still in there or not, but the application involved to bring it out isn't there anymore.