Livingston - all the threads merged

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Might be wrong but I could see Parkes moving on (despite Davie's comments) due to Cancar signing.

Don't think we need a fifth centre back unless we've had clubs reaching out about Fitzwater.

Bitsindou played centre back a couple of times for Lierse this season so he potentially offers cover for the position too. With Cancar, while right footed all his appearances for WSW this season came at left centre back (Parkes' side).

47 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Yeh looking decent at the back.But I reiterate up front we need to strengthen if we are to continue to defy the odds.Hopefully a decent out and out striker will come on board.You all know we need one.🤷‍♂️👍.

I see Connor McLennan is being released by Aberdeen...he's exactly the type of player we should be looking at. Would also have a level of understanding with Anderson already

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I see Connor McLennan is being released by Aberdeen...he's exactly the type of player we should be looking at. Would also have a level of understanding with Anderson already

Yeah he'd be a good signing for us.

From looking at the squad I imagine we'll only be looking for cover on the wings now? I imagine Kabia isn't ready to step up. If Hamilton doesn't sign a contract and we get money for him we should be throwing all of that at Birmingham for Bailey :D. I'd actually quite like to see us spend money for once if we get the chance - it's not exactly the Livi way of doing things but Bailey presents a fairly decent chance at going for a good sum. 

Either way, I suspect we'll use the loan system to bring in a couple of LW and a couple of RW. If Hamilton doesn't sign on we'll also be looking at a ST needing brought in to compete with Bruce 

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Goalkeepers
30. 🇺🇸 Brian Schwake - 2023
31. 🇷🇺 Ivan Konovalov - 2023 (1 year extension option)
32. 🇵🇱 Max Stryjek - 2024

Defenders
2. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jackson Longridge - 2023
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Morgan Boyes - 2023 (1 year extension option)
25. 🇦🇺 Phillip Cancar - 2024 (1 year extension option)
29. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 James Penrice - 2024
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025

Midfielders
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2023
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2023
20. 🇨🇬 Scott Bitsindou - 2024 (1 year extension option)
33. 🇧🇪 Stephane Omeonga - 2023
38. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Harrison Clark - 2023

Forwards
9. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
19. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Joel Nouble - 2023 (1 year extension option)
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2023
37. 🇮🇪 Jaze Kabia - 2023
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Josh Mullin - 2023

Out of Contract
Marvin Bartley
Alan Forrest
Jack Hamilton
Keaghan Jacobs
Sean Kelly
Gary Maley
Tom Parkes
Carlo Pignatiello (?)
Matej Poplatnik (1 year extension option)
Gavin Reilly

From these you'd be hoping during the summer that we're putting a new deal in front of:

Jack Hamilton
Sean Kelly
Alan Forrest (but he'll be off)

I'd also like us to get some early renewals in front of:

Schwake
Devlin
Fitzwater (he could be off anyway)
Pittman
Holt
Omeonga
Anderson(?)
Nouble(?)

Even a dent in that list would allow us to avoid a huge rebuild next summer, hopefully, if we're still in the league

I know his name hasn't been caught up in the rumour mill but I'd be really surprised if we don't see some interest in Nicky Devlin this year and with a year on his contract it would put Davie in a tricky position. He seems like someone who is loving his time at the club but it would be great to get him tied down in the next couple of weeks. 

He may be worth keeping on regardless and leaving on a bosman as he is such an asset but would like the club to cash in on him if he another club (and larger wage cheque) comes calling.

Has there been any rumours as to where McMillan and Sibbald are going? Would have been happy with both at Firhill 
Sibbald apparently has something in place with Dunfermline but not sure how concrete that is after their relegation. Both could easily sign for a premiership team but suspect they'll drop to championship. Thistle would be a decent shout for Jack after his previous success there

What a gesture by Bruce Anderson. An absolute gem of a guy.

"Our 2021/22 top goalscorer Bruce Anderson has very kindly offered to donate 1 x adult & 2 x under 16 season tickets to a local family who may otherwise might not be able to afford it, ahead of the new campaign.

Bruce said: “I just want to help bring Premiership football to a family who can’t afford to do so on a consistent basis throughout the season.

“The fans have been incredible with me since I signed here last summer and I would like to show my appreciation to them. I felt that this was a good way to do just that and also help a family out that would, financially, struggle to attend all home games.”

Full details: https://bit.ly/3woxQ8d

A fantastic gesture from Bruce!"

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

What a gesture by Bruce Anderson. An absolute gem of a guy.

"Our 2021/22 top goalscorer Bruce Anderson has very kindly offered to donate 1 x adult & 2 x under 16 season tickets to a local family who may otherwise might not be able to afford it, ahead of the new campaign.

Bruce said: “I just want to help bring Premiership football to a family who can’t afford to do so on a consistent basis throughout the season.

“The fans have been incredible with me since I signed here last summer and I would like to show my appreciation to them. I felt that this was a good way to do just that and also help a family out that would, financially, struggle to attend all home games.”

Full details: https://bit.ly/3woxQ8d

A fantastic gesture from Bruce!"

-uo7zW1e_normal.jpg

Davie Martindale

@Daviemar13
· 1h
Replying to @LiviFCOfficial @BRUCEA23 and 8 others
Count me in also @DaveBlackLFC I will do the same. Well done again Brucey, fantastic idea 👏👏⚽️⚽️

Nothing up here on the season's awards.

POTY

That covers our best players nicely, all 3 have been superb

And a nice one to cover Pitts from our Directors.

YPOTY

Bruce getting a double award and James with one too, both well deserving. Cracking bit of business by Martindale getting them both for swapsies with other players.

Goal Of The Season

Against Aberdeen, think it was his deft wee flick on up past their defender and keeper into the roof of the net.

And our top goal scorer.

Yeah i was torn between Holt and Devlin for who i'd choose, and Fitzwater was a close choice too, so good to see all of them getting one. Pitts has had a bit of an up and down season, but on the season he's breaking records for us it's good to see him getting one too. Scott and Keaghan are club legends, both were amazing in the promotion season, particularly in the play offs.

It's a shame Bruce was injured for the run in too, he was only 2 goals behind Charles Regan-Cook in the Premiership's top goal scorer.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Scott and Keaghan are club legends, both were amazing in the promotion season, particularly in the play offs.

Jacobs' winner in the second leg of the final is my favourite ever Livi goal for what it meant to the club and it was the perfect player to score it.

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Jacobs' winner in the second leg of the final is my favourite ever Livi goal for what it meant to the club and it was the perfect player to score it.

Aye he loved a goal against Partick Thistle that season, scored in our Betfred group opener against them at the start of the season, and both play off final games. 

48 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye he loved a goal against Partick Thistle that season, scored in our Betfred group opener against them at the start of the season, and both play off final games. 

Weren't those his only goals that season? Just the three against Partick :D It was somewhat of an omen back then that no one could've predicted 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Weren't those his only goals that season? Just the three against Partick :D It was somewhat of an omen back then that no one could've predicted 

Think so yep.

Yeah like when we played at Hampden against QP in our first game of the 2004 league cup, and went onto play Hibs there in the final to lift the cup.

There's Sean Kelly signed for another two years. After his first few games that news would have been met with dread but think he's slotted in well when playing as a midfielder recently, even his showings in defence seemed to get better over time so I doubt anyone will be disappointed about him staying on as backup.

Confirmation on players leaving:

The following players have reached the end of their contracts and will officially leave the club at the start of June –

Carlo Pignatiello
Craig Sibbald
Gary Maley
Gavin Reilly
Jack McMillan
Keaghan Jacobs
Marvin Bartley (player contract aspect only)
Matej Poplatnik

Keaghan Jacobs leaves as the club’s current record appearance holder on 309 games played, with Craig Sibbald surpassing the century mark on 109 and Jack McMillan not far behind on 86.

Thank you to all of the above for their service to the club over the years and we wish them all the very best for their futures.

The following players will return to their parent clubs with their loan deals now complete –

Adam Lewis
Caleb Chukwuemeka
Daniel Barden
Odin Bailey
Sebastian Soto

A huge thank you to the players and their parent clubs for their cooperation this season.

The following players have been offered new contracts to remain at the club –

Alan Forrest
Jack Hamilton

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/squad-update-2/