Livingston - all the threads merged

On 07/05/2022 at 11:05, EdinburghLivi said:

Apparently one of the pre contracts is from the UK rather than being foreign based. Martindale said they had two awaiting 'GBE' approval and one is here. 

Anyone got an idea who the other 2 players are ?

Apparently one might be Reghan Tumilty at Raith - we're being linked anyway. RB but can play at LW/RW as well. St Mirren after him as well

One of the other PCAs is a foreign player and one is within the UK

I notice that Connor McLennan has been told that his contract is not being renewed at Aberdeen. Is it worth Davie picking him up in the off season as a potential winger option? He always looked problematic whenever he played us and I suspect he would link up well with Bruce Anderson. 

38 minutes ago, spiggle said:

I notice that Connor McLennan has been told that his contract is not being renewed at Aberdeen. Is it worth Davie picking him up in the off season as a potential winger option? He always looked problematic whenever he played us and I suspect he would link up well with Bruce Anderson. 

I'd be delighted if we could add him. Looks a great prospect and very similar type player to Alan Forrest

You have signed Jamie Brandon from hearts that was on loan at us last season. 

Very decent right back that can move in to midfield when required. If he can keep his fitness then he should be a good signing for you. 

So it was a RB that can play on the wing, but it was Brandon not Tumilty :D 

4 hours ago, port-ton said:

You have signed Jamie Brandon from hearts that was on loan at us last season. 

Very decent right back that can move in to midfield when required. If he can keep his fitness then he should be a good signing for you. 

Will be interesting as I don't think he'll get much of a look in at all at RB. I'm imagining we've signed him to play on the wing and as a backup for Devlin. Sounds like a good signing by all accounts.

Was nice to see him say he used to come to Livi games with his dad when he was young. Another good local lad in the team

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd imagine this confirms McMillan is away given he's now 3rd choice RB, 3rd choice LB and Sean Kelly has taken his role in midfield

The guy needs to play games, it's probably the right time to cut the cord for his sake as much as I would like him to stay. I think he will be a very solid player wherever he goes.

The guy needs to play games, it's probably the right time to cut the cord for his sake as much as I would like him to stay. I think he will be a very solid player wherever he goes.
100%. If we were to keep him and leave him on the bench we'd be ruining the lads career. He's been a fantastic utility player for the team and will always be fondly remembered.

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agreed, as much as McMillan has never let us down this is his 5th season with the club and he's got the 28 year old captain ahead of him in his preferred position

Not an easy thing to overcome

6 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd imagine this confirms McMillan is away given he's now 3rd choice RB, 3rd choice LB and Sean Kelly has taken his role in midfield

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

100%. If we were to keep him and leave him on the bench we'd be ruining the lads career. He's been a fantastic utility player for the team and will always be fondly remembered.

Motherwell could do worse than sign him, originally came from them but he's improved immensely since then and would be a far better signing for them than Crawford and Lawless, prob Lamie and Gallagher too, solid player that never has a bad game.

McMillan never got dribbled past once in all the times I saw him. Great one-on-one defender. Going forward he always positions himself well to provide a pass option for teammates. His touch is good. He keeps his passing short and effective. His dribbling is good enough to retain possession but he doesn't dribble past opponents and cross the way Devlin does. It's maybe this final aspect which has made Martindale go for Brandon. From what I saw of him in Hearts appearances, Brandon does have that winger-like dribbling and crossing ability.

Anyway, McMillan will be missed if he now leaves, he's been excellent for us.

That's a shame, esp Sibbald, think he'd get into the team once he's fit, but illness and injuries have really knackered him this season, expected McMillan to leave because he deserves to be playing regular games and wont get that at Livi. Best of luck to both of them, except when playing against us.  

As much as it's sad to see them go, I don't think they'll be huge losses. Considering how little either has played this season they won't be leaving huge gaps in the squad. Shinnie is an all round upgrade on Sibbald and Kelly seems to have replaced McMillan with Brandon coming in too