Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, ATLIS said:

Same situation as the Hibs job, it won't happen. He's said he has no intentions of moving on anywhere

Money talks though.   I can't see him going but would never rule it out. 

I'm not sure it'd be the life changing rise in money that he'd need to uproot his family and walk away from the employer he owes his career to

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

It's not about money for him though, he's said that in the past. He's already talked about it and said he'll only go if the board tell him to go. It's essentially a non-story. He's committed his long term future to Livi multiple times in interviews already

Edited by ATLIS

Yeah Martindale isn't that into being a manager either, it's too volatile a job, based very much on results from one month to the other, with a shorter life span than what he had at Livi staying in the background. At Livi he'd just move up into another position, Director of football or something, doing the targeting and signing of players, pretty much what he was doing before, and stay more in the background. His future is much safer with Livi than anywhere else, he's much more than just a manager here.

Fitzwater is a player Martindale thought would be a target for moving, but we'd get dosh for him, think he wants Parkes fit and playing next season, as a leader in defence. Hopefully Boyes will be decent as well, and showed he can play as a LB too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

It's not about money for him though, he's said that in the past. He's already talked about it and said he'll only go if the board tell him to go. It's essentially a non-story. He's committed his long term future to Livi multiple times in interviews already

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'm not sure it'd be the life changing rise in money that he'd need to uproot his family and walk away from the employer he owes his career to

If they even double his money and there is more chance of progression down south because of his past up here (wrongfully imo) he would be daft not to have a good hard think about it.  He would probably get his job back at Livi if it turned out badly regardless. 

If they even double his money and there is more chance of progression down south because of his past up here (wrongfully imo) he would be daft not to have a good hard think about it.  He would probably get his job back at Livi if it turned out badly regardless. 
I genuinely don't think he'd take the chance of getting the sack in 6 months for Fleetwood Town. He's probably the safest manager in Scotland right now and if results aren't going well he'll probably step away from management and into another role at the club. He's got it made at Livi. Easy to say he'd get his job back if it didn't work out but we'd replace him with someone (Marvin Bartley probably) so he'd need to hope that didn't work out. As I say, it would take a mammoth offer from a pretty decent club to even make him think. He has a young daughter who he'd have to move from her friends plus he's settled and embraced in Livingston

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I genuinely don't think he'd take the chance of getting the sack in 6 months for Fleetwood Town. He's probably the safest manager in Scotland right now and if results aren't going well he'll probably step away from management and into another role at the club. He's got it made at Livi. Easy to say he'd get his job back if it didn't work out but we'd replace him with someone (Marvin Bartley probably) so he'd need to hope that didn't work out. As I say, it would take a mammoth offer from a pretty decent club to even make him think. He has a young daughter who he'd have to move from her friends plus he's settled and embraced in Livingston

I would like to hope so taking all things into consideration.  

I would see why he would leave to a club like Fleetwood though. 

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
23 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:
I would like to hope so taking all things into consideration.  
I would see why he would leave to a club like Fleetwood though. 

I don't see what the attraction is if I'm honest

More money, career progression and a chance to manage possibly at a higher level with a bigger budget.  I don't think any of the top clubs (no offence) in our country would take him because of his past.  I don't feel it would be that big a deal down there and this time next year, having a successful season he could be looking at an Ipswich, a much greater pathway in a less judgmental environment.   Maybe he likes the easy life though but at a team like Livi with the turnover he could be sacked by xmas if it goes wrong with the new players next season and could be looking at Ayr instead of L1. 

More money, career progression and a chance to manage possibly at a higher level with a bigger budget.  I don't think any of the top clubs (no offence) in our country would take him because of his past.  I don't feel it would be that big a deal down there and this time next year, having a successful season he could be looking at an Ipswich, a much greater pathway in a less judgmental environment.   Maybe he likes the easy life though but at a team like Livi with the turnover he could be sacked by xmas if it goes wrong with the new players next season and could be looking at Ayr instead of L1. 
As has been said a few times already, the chances of him being sacked at Livi are minimal. He didn't want to manage as it put him in the spotlight but he did it as a favour to the club after they helped him out.

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
28 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

As has been said a few times already, the chances of him being sacked at Livi are minimal. He didn't want to manage as it put him in the spotlight but he did it as a favour to the club after they helped him out.

So if Livi go on a really bad run, miles behind at Christmas he wouldn't be sacked?  Quite easy for a side that needs a rebuild on a yearly basis. 

The opposite, he always wanted to manage is my understanding, because of his past it was a massive risk though.  He basically showed Holt how to manage and knew Kenny Miller never had a scoob. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

So if Livi go on a really bad run, miles behind at Christmas he wouldn't be sacked?  Quite easy for a side that needs a rebuild on a yearly basis. 

The opposite, he always wanted to manage is my understanding, because of his past it was a massive risk though.  He basically showed Holt how to manage and knew Kenny Miller never had a scoob. 

As i said above in my prev post, he'll jus step aside into another role at Livi, he's not getting punted that's for sure. Whether he lasts as manager or not, he wont be sacked.

5 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I honestly don't even think he would. He's been saying he owes us a lot, and owes us for having a career to begin with. If he anything he'll step upstairs for a DOF job. I can't see a situation where he leaves us at all - if he does it'll be a heads gone from me :D 

We went on a few bad runs this season, I think he has enough good credit saved up to take us down and still be fine. There's no one better for Livi than him.