Livingston - all the threads merged

Not been a fan of Kelly but he was excellent, so was Lewis when he came on for an injured Penrice. 

Gutter of a result after being 2-0 up and cruising it, looking like scoring a 3rd too, Forrest and Bailey linking up really well, we didn't lose but a draw feels like a defeat x2, losing the late goal is never a good feeling, and it was a double blow dropping from 6th to 8th. 

Felt absolutely deflated when i was leaving the stadium, kills our season from having European football to play for, to seeing it out and staying away from a play off scrap.  But having had a period for calm reflection on our season thus far, i doubt any of us even gave a thought to being in the position for a top 6 spot going into the final pre split game, esp after the way we started the season and all our players health issues.

Some positives for the season, Bruce Anderson has been an absolute steal, 11 Premiership goals and 4 assists, big Nouble a joy to watch fending off opposition players and dragging them all over the pitch as they're hanging onto him, Omeonga was amazing in a wee purple patch, so was Forrest, and Captain Fantastic Devlin has been immense, such passion and leadership from him, puts everything into every game.

Ah well, it's done now, lets just make sure we stay away from 11th place and win our next game.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

Manuel Mejuto Gonzalez in 2007. Harry Kane/Craig Gordon in 2017. Add to those, Ricki Lamie in 2022, for the instances in football that have left me physically nauseous.

I can only hope that the critic(s) who got Martindale so het up that he appeared to "offer them ootside" at the final whistle, are either embarrassed by their criticism or actually take Martindale up on his offer. I also hope that we skoosh enough of the remaining fixtures to see us safely away from 11th. 

Absolutely heartbroken this morning, but wishing that some of the roasters in our support had just a tad more perspective. 

😂😂😂

The manager of a premier league club Square going the supporters, but it’s the fans who are in the wrong.

Awful post fella. 

Edited by JD and associates

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not been a fan of Kelly but he was excellent, so was Lewis when he came on for an injured Penrice. 

Agree that Kelly was excellent, but Lewis was pretty poor IMO. I'd probably go as far as saying that if Penrice hadn't been injured we'd have won that game. 

At the start of the 2nd half it was quite clear that Well had noticed that Lewis was poor in the air, and many attacks started by launching it long towards Lewis. I suspect Martindale noticed this, and this was a part ofthe reason why we went 3-5-2. If we don't do that, I think we win the game.

2 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

😂😂😂

The manager of a premier league club Square going the supporters, but it’s the fans who are in the wrong.

Awful post fella. 

An awful lot of our fans are wrong, an awful lot of the time. Yesterday at full time being a case in point. Any time you post on here being another.

Agree that Kelly was excellent, but Lewis was pretty poor IMO. I'd probably go as far as saying that if Penrice hadn't been injured we'd have won that game. 
At the start of the 2nd half it was quite clear that Well had noticed that Lewis was poor in the air, and many attacks started by launching it long towards Lewis. I suspect Martindale noticed this, and this was a part ofthe reason why we went 3-5-2. If we don't do that, I think we win the game.
They definitely targeted Lewis and used Shields' pace to exploit him. Penrice does seem quicker so you could be right. I think it may even have been Lewis that slices his clearance for the corner that led to the equaliser

Shields was rapid, noticed it when Penrice was on too, but thought Lewis did well going forward, but was struggling against Shields pace in the 2nd half. Penrice has been at fault for marking and clearances from balls into our box at times in a couple of games too, but overall he's been a great signing. Both goals came from a big slice of luck, bouncing around and landing perfectly for Motherwell players, some shot for their first though, just wasn't meant to be for us.

2 goals up should've been enough, but we should've had a penalty and it would've been out of sight, not been going for us at all the last few games.

20 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

An awful lot of our fans are wrong, an awful lot of the time. Yesterday at full time being a case in point. Any time you post on here being another.

Yeah our fans quickly get carried away with success, and forget just how small a club supporters wise we are in the top flight, and being anywhere near top 6 is over achieving for us, hell being in the Premiership is over achieving. Accies did amazingly well staying up so long, but almost all of their time was spent being in a relegation scrap at the end of each season, so far we've kept well away from that, and had back to back top 6 finishes, and a cup final. As i said though, it has got some of our fans carried away, expecting us to be up in the top 6 every season.

As for Martindale, i dread the time when he packs it all in at Livi, we owe a hell of a lot to him for our current stability and playing top flight football, hope to feck he sticks around for a while yet.

There must be a few grumps down that end of the stand then, behind the home dugout. I sit down the other end and I never hear a negative shout towards any of the players or Martindale during matches. Maybe the C3 noise keeps the mood lighter or something. So I'm always surprised to read these supporter-Martindale flashpoints happen as its so different to the atmosphere where I sit.

There must be a few grumps down that end of the stand then, behind the home dugout. I sit down the other end and I never hear a negative shout towards any of the players or Martindale during matches. Maybe the C3 noise keeps the mood lighter or something. So I'm always surprised to read these supporter-Martindale flashpoints happen as its so different to the atmosphere where I sit.
I had my season ticket near the home dugout and some of the shouts from the stands are ludicrous in all honesty...it's been like that for years

Ah, ok. That's a shame as a few folk unable to control themselves could sour an atmosphere a bit, I imagine. My C3 point seems daft but I'm being sincere there, I do actually think their constant noise stops folk that end of the stand getting too het up. Them and sometimes folk in the adjacent sections shout and sing a lot of funny stuff. Maybe we need a C3 replica down the home dugout end then. Double the drums, double the funs!

Ah, ok. That's a shame as a few folk unable to control themselves could sour an atmosphere a bit, I imagine. My C3 point seems daft but I'm being sincere there, I do actually think their constant noise stops folk that end of the stand getting too het up. Them and sometimes folk in the adjacent sections shout and sing a lot of funny stuff. Maybe we need a C3 replica down the home dugout end then. Double the drums, double the funs!
I wonder if it was the same when section z was the mad section. I used to sit behind the goal then so not sure what the shouts behind the dugout were like. I think the party atmosphere up in C3 certainly helps keep people spirits up at that end of the park. That plus the banter with the away dugout

Credit to TalkLivi podcast for mentioning these so I looked them up. Bruce Anderson also near the top of the various goals plus assists metrics but I'm not including them here as too much spam for one post.

Screenshot_20220412-212635_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-212731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-212726_Chrome.jpg

20220412_214329.jpg

Edited by FreedomFarter

Yeah saw something about Fitzwater a wee while back saying how excellent he was at interceptions. Impressive by Holt too, taken over from Marv drawing fouls, gets his body in there and takes the hit, or gets bumped over.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Omeonga with his tackles won and fouls committed, he must be some nuisance to play against! 

Yeah he's a banker for a bet on a yellow card every game, gets involved with so many challenges all over the pitch, for a wee guy he's excellent in the air winning headers too. Sometimes a bit clumsy with the tackles as well but you can forgive him that, the amount he puts in.

Pretty damn good at looking after the ball too, and getting it back if he does lose it, when he's on his game he's brilliant to watch.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

The summer could be an interesting one for us

We could end up with cash for Fitzwater and Anderson and use it to clear the debt and maybe look at using some of it on the squad for once. I think there was also interest in Stryjek too possibly.

Out of contract we've got:

Forrest (been offered a deal, will likely leave), Hamilton (offered a deal, will likely stay), Jacobs (sadly will likely leave), Pignatiello (wouldn't surprise me to see him leave), Poplatnik (Will probably leave), Sibbald (been offered a deal), McMillan (will likely leave), Kelly (could leave but wouldn't be surprised if Martindale gives him another year), Parkes (will likely leave), Bartley (already non-playing), Maley (basically non-playing), Reilly (will likely leave)

Loans ending are Barden, Soto, Bailey, Lewis and Chukwuemeka. The only real loss amongst that is Bailey IMO.

Currently it's only about 1 starter? If Fitzwater and Bruce were to leave we'd have a bigger rebuild obviously.

I can see a few others being allowed to join other clubs on a free. Mullin and Longridge being the stand outs for me I think?

Our lineup probably ends up something like this for next season

image.png.fd09f1e4c67f134282aa16a3b914c25b.png

IMO Obileye looked pretty dodgy towards the second half of this season. Caused quick a few errors and looked shaky at the back. Someone to play at LW is probably the biggest need for the side. I can imagine we'll see the loan market utilised again for it. 

If Boyes can't step up beyond Obileye, or if Fitzwater goes, then a CB will be a high priority. LW again, high priority. Someone to cover for Holt/Omeonga at CM/CDM is probably another point of worry. 

If we could actually get him back to where he was, and fit, Jet wouldn't be a bad option at LW IMO. 

1 minute ago, Hayshead2 said:

How has Nouble settled in with you guys. What a great job he did for us at Arbroath. Although I was never sure how he would do when stepping up to the Premier.

Pretty good, was played as a No9 to start with but since moving to the right wing he's been fantastic. Does exactly what he did for Arbroath, holds off opposition players and gets us up the pitch to start attacks. Must be the most fouled player on the pitch in every game we've played, but doesn't get nearly enough fouls because he's so strong at keeping going when he's being pulled, pushed, barged and kicked.