Livingston - all the threads merged

Also nice to see Martindale confirm that our outstanding debt is down to around £250,000. Think it was up at over £1m only a few seasons ago.

“I’m running out of things to improve in the stadium."

"We are putting in 14 new windows which haven’t been changed in 25 years. They don’t open and have gaps, so we are doing all of them.

“We’re in a good place and if we can stay in the top six this year I think that would hopefully help us get rid of all the historical debt at the football club and probably see us where we’re not looking to spend £100,000 to £300,000 every year on a stadium that is needing major upgrades.”

Absolutely massive that if we finish in the top 6 we could go into next season debt free. Would mean that if we stay up next season we could start to see some investment into the first team playing squad, Martindale with a bit of a bigger budget is something that's exciting. Honestly, top 6 is more important than getting Europe if that's the case - despite how exciting it would be. These next 3 games are utterly massive for us. 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Also nice to see Martindale confirm that our outstanding debt is down to around £250,000. Think it was up at over £1m only a few seasons ago.

“I’m running out of things to improve in the stadium."

"We are putting in 14 new windows which haven’t been changed in 25 years. They don’t open and have gaps, so we are doing all of them.

“We’re in a good place and if we can stay in the top six this year I think that would hopefully help us get rid of all the historical debt at the football club and probably see us where we’re not looking to spend £100,000 to £300,000 every year on a stadium that is needing major upgrades.”

Absolutely massive that if we finish in the top 6 we could go into next season debt free. Would mean that if we stay up next season we could start to see some investment into the first team playing squad, Martindale with a bit of a bigger budget is something that's exciting. Honestly, top 6 is more important than getting Europe if that's the case - despite how exciting it would be. These next 3 games are utterly massive for us. 

I seem to recall that declaring the season a couple of years ago (whilst obviously the right thing to do because of what was going on in the world) cost us approx 500k, because of the missed games vs Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Aberdeen. A lot would obviously depend on what games we’d get at home (for TV purposes), and there’s a fair chance that traditionally bigger gates like Aberdeen/Hibs may not be in there, but it’s a good indication of what top 6 can be worth financially. 

It’s impossible to quantify just how much of an achievement the last few seasons (and possibly this season) have been for our club. 

Edited by mozam76

Nicky Devlin Interview

⚽🎙️ EPISODE 26 🎙️⚽

This week we are joined by Livingston captain Nicky Devlin

Nicky talks about making his debut at Dumbarton Football Club, being made captain at Ayr United at 21, playing in the Premier League & who is better Jota or Kent?

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

A new tannoy system is a must,its the same one that's been there since 95........,can hardly hear the guy !!!

Just thought that was his shrilled voice, always sounds like a boy going through puberty, when his voice is breaking, the way it goes high pitched all the time.

5 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

A new tannoy system is a must,its the same one that's been there since 95........,can hardly hear the guy !!!

The tannoy system (in places only?) is f*cking horrific and verging on dangerous given the lack of clarity in the messages coming through. Some better speakers might help with the pre-match atmosphere, too.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Still cringe when he shouted out "Lets Make all the noise" when we're playing Celtic....

Like us singing what a shitey home support at Celtic park, but it's still funny.😂

Most of the time i just switch off from whatever is being said on the tannoy, only thing i really listen out for is the team selection, but even then i usually get that of my phone before it gets announced.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

A scoreboard for the open corner of the stadium? Similar to what St Mirren have possibly?

A big screen showing replays of the goals would be great too, but that's as likely as goal line tech ever being introduced in Scotland.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Been hoping for years to get a scoreboard or screen.Guess finances dictate otherwise alas.Would be good if we could get a company to sponsor one right above the East stand👍🎞.

From the sound of it we're running out of things to buy for the stadium so I wouldn't put it past them :D Above the North stand could be a good shout as well though

15 hours ago, crispy said:

The tannoy system (in places only?) is f*cking horrific and verging on dangerous given the lack of clarity in the messages coming through. Some better speakers might help with the pre-match atmosphere, too.

Well said crispy,its absolutely dreadful and as the ladz were saying if improved it would add to the pre match and half time atmosphere.

Apart from the "let's make all the noise nonsense" lol  !!

I'm not even that bothered about a screen at the open corner of the stadium, would be fun to block off the view when we're playing the arse cheeks though.

10 hours ago, crispy said:

Oh aye, even a clock display. I’m sure Tynecastle has one pitch side. I can’t find a photo of it. Maybe on the match thread!

A clock would be lovely, mainly to (probably not) stop my pet hate of "THATS TIME REF" shouts as soon as it hits 4:45pm, when the second half kicked off about 5 minutes late.

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I'm not even that bothered about a screen at the open corner of the stadium, would be fun to block off the view when we're playing the arse cheeks though.

A clock would be lovely, mainly to (probably not) stop my pet hate of "THATS TIME REF" shouts as soon as it hits 4:45pm, when the second half kicked off about 5 minutes late.

We're in the big boys league, with a 4th official holding up a board with added time, and there is always added time in games, you'd think they'd realize that by now and look out for the 4th official holding the board up.:lol:

The Hearts fella on the match thread said it gets switched off after the 90 mins too though, which would be annoying, so we'll know when the 90 is played, which gets announced on the dodgy tannoy by the squeaky voiced announcer anyway, and will be none the wiser other than setting watches, when the added time should be up.

Would be good if the clock was stopped every time the ball went out of play, and started again when play resumed, then a horn went off when the 90 mins was up, no matter where the ball was, corner kick, a player running through to shoot at goal, it was an automated time is up system. Rather than leaving it to the ref to decide how much added time is played, and when to blow his whistle, would take away fans moaning about players time wasting, and doubt over whether the ref is waiting to see if either erse cheek can score before blowing for time.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

41 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would be good if the clock was stopped every time the ball went out of play, and started again when play resumed, then a horn went off when the 90 mins was up, no matter where the ball was, corner kick, a player running through to shoot at goal, it was an automated time is up system. Rather than leaving it to the ref to decide how much added time is played, and when to blow his whistle, would take away fans moaning about players time wasting, and doubt over whether the ref is waiting to see if either erse cheek can score before blowing for time.

Bit off topic but I'm sure there was some kind of study recently that showed the average game is only in-play for about 60 minutes. I'd probably be in favour of a wee change of rules that cut the time to about 80 or 70 minutes and had the clock actually stop at corners, subs, goals, and free kicks. Half time and full time can be once the current phase is over, if someone's on the attack let it play out, as soon as its cleared or passed back far enough then its game over.

Edited by LiviLion

I know it's an extreme example but in the last half hour of the Man Utd game vs Atletico the other night, the ball was in play for just over 11 minutes. Obviously that's when Atletico would shithouse the most seeing as they were one up at the time, but I'd say the ball being in play for an hour in an average 90 minute game is quite high.  

Tactics again baffling today, every single game Livi are overrun in midfield,today were second to every ball in the first Half,the whole defence  where shaky  Bailey on the wing done nothing,Omeonga has played 2 good games 1 against Hibs the rest he's been shite this season,runs about doing nothing,Pittman has played 2 good games before the defeat to Celtic,and has been anonymous  in every  other game he's played in,Holts done ok but is defensive minded all his good work is done in his own half.Livi don't have a midfield that can take the game forward in an attacking sense, they rely on the wings too much. 

Pittman,Omeonga,Baily,Forrest,Holt were all poor, the rest were just as bad