Livingston - all the threads merged

The result on Saturday was really frustrating as I don't think it reflected the balance of play. We've been competitive against Ross County, Hearts and Rangers in recent weeks. I'm pleased with the direction that the team is going and also with Davie's drive for better and I believe he will raise the standards. Set up for a rollercoaster finale to the season. I think European football for a team like Livi, in fact most of the teams in the league, is dream stuff so to be only 3 points off that dream position right now is great especially considering the need to gel 14(?) new signings into a team. 

Edited by crispy

57 minutes ago, crispy said:

The result on Saturday was really frustrating as I don't think it reflected the balance of play. We've been competitive against Ross County, Hearts and Rangers in recent weeks. I'm pleased with the direction that the team is going and also with Davie's drive for better and I believe he will raise the standards. Set up for a rollercoaster finale to the season. I think European football for a team like Livi, in fact most of the teams in the league, is dream stuff so to be only 3 points off that dream position right now is great especially considering the need to gel 14(?) new signings into a team. 

Probably needing to beat at least 3 of Dundee, Dundee United, St. Johnstone and Motherwell to make the top 6, imo. Draws will kill us at this point when we're 6th of 7 potential teams.

Hearts away will be very tough as will Celtic at home. 

41 pts is the average number of pts to secure top 6 since the 2014-15 (tables available in google used as data source). I suspect that we may need 43/44 pts this year. 

18pts available in the games remaining. We can afford to drop points off of Celtic but realistically need to take points off the rest. 

Lets do a FM style title (European) run in diagram.

First us.

(Apologise if the format comes out funny, the preview is showing this looks readable but probably only on a computer)

--------------

Bold - Top 3

Underline - Competitor Top 6

Normal - Bottom 3

---------------

Livingston (9th) P27 Pts 31

--------------------------

Dundee (12th)  Away

Dundee Utd  (5th) Home

Celtic (1st) Home

Hearts (3rd) Away 

St Johnstone (11th) Away 

Motherwell (6th) Home

Avg Pos: 6.33

Hibs (4th) P27 Pts 34                    Dundee U (5th) P27 Pts  34        Motherwell (6th) P27 Pts 34        St Mirren (7th) P26 Pts 33           Aberdeen (8th) P27 Pts 31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dundee (12th) Away 

Celtic (1st)  Home                            Aberdeen (8th) Away                Rangers (2nd)  Away                 Hearts (3rd)  Home                        Dundee Utd  (5th) Home

Dundee (12th) Away                       Livingston (9th)  Away              Ross County (10th) Home          Celtic (1st)  Away                           Hearts (3rd) Away

St Johnstone (11th) Home             Hearts (3rd)  Home                     Dundee (12th) Home                   Ross County (10th) Away            Rangers (2nd)  Away 

Aberdeen (8th) Away                    St Mirren (7th)  Away                  St Johnstone (11th) Away           Dundee Utd  (5th) Home             Hibs (4th) Home

Dundee Utd  (5th) Home              Hibs (4th)  Away                          St Mirren (7th) Home                  Motherwell (6th)  Away                Dundee (12th) Away

Hearts (3rd)  Away                         Dundee (12th) Home                  Livingston (9th) Away                Rangers (2nd)  Home                   Ross County (10th) Home

Avg Pos: 6.66                                    Avg Pos: 7.16                                 Avg Pos: 8.5                                   Avg Pos: 5.57                                   Avg Pos: 6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hibs - Depends on the Dundee and St Johnstone results. If they win those both they will be in for a couple of crunch ties in the 3rd and penultimate game with hopes that they have secured that top 6 spot before a crunch match against Hearts

Dundee Utd - They have a favourable average position but St Mirren and Livi both are in a good run of form and they only play Dundee as the easy game although they will be fighting to stay in the league

Motherwell - If they can get a run together in the middle against the bottom three teams then come the final day they may be in a good place. But their form is sketchy at the minute

St Mirren - Goodwin gone and the top 3 to play over the next 7 games looks like a tough ask. win the game in hand on Wednesday will make the run in look a lot prettier for the buddies

Aberdeen - Have the highest average position to play with 6 remaining form is terrible and can't see them doing it. Only saving grace is that if they do get it together they have 2 easier games to finish in theory

Livingston - We need to turn winning positions into 3pts. We would be leading the way here if we didn't drop 5pts in the previous 4 matches. 2 wins in the opening 2 are vital before a crunch tie against Motherwell.

Edited by DavideFernandezLoveChild

On 20/02/2022 at 12:42, LogieLivi said:
On 20/02/2022 at 00:55, LIVIFOREVER said:
Martindale's going nowhere so stop talking nonsense about Adams. Back to back top 6 and a decent chance of making it 3 in a row, anyone not seeing how that is amazing for Livingston needs help.

This boy on another thread claims to be good friends with Martindale and now is touting Martindale to be sacked and replaced with an absolute c*nt of a man in Derek Adams.

His Japanese love pillow with Derek Adams' face on it told him to post this nonsense.

Question - who do we want to win tonight?

St Mirren or Dundee?

I'm going for a nil/nil draw but only because I cant make up my mind if we have a realistic chance of making the top six or would prefer to put as much space between us and Dundee as possible.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Question - who do we want to win tonight?

St Mirren or Dundee?

I'm going for a nil/nil draw but only because I cant make up my mind if we have a realistic chance of making the top six or would prefer to put as much space between us and Dundee as possible.

👍

I'm confident enough to be looking at trying to get above St Mirren and other teams above us for a top 6 spot, but not that confident i want Dundee to get all 3 pts.

On 22/02/2022 at 16:50, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

TOP 6 Battle

--------------

Bold - Top 3

Underline - Competitor Top 6

Normal - Bottom 3

---------------

Livingston (7th) P28 Pts 34

Dundee (12th)  Away

Dundee Utd  (5th) Home

Celtic (1st) Home

Hearts (3rd) Away 

St Johnstone (11th) Away 

Motherwell (6th) Home

Avg Pos: 6.33

Hibs (4th) P28 Pts 35                   Dundee U (5th) P28 Pts 35        Motherwell (6th) P28 Pts 35       St Mirren (8th) P27 Pts 33           Aberdeen (9th) P28 Pts 32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dundee (12th) Away 

Celtic (1st)  Home                            Aberdeen (8th) Away                Rangers (2nd)  Away                 Hearts (3rd)  Home                        Dundee Utd  (5th) Home

Dundee (12th) Away                       Livingston (9th)  Away              Ross County (10th) Home          Celtic (1st)  Away                           Hearts (3rd) Away

St Johnstone (11th) Home             Hearts (3rd)  Home                     Dundee (12th) Home                   Ross County (10th) Away            Rangers (2nd)  Away 

Aberdeen (8th) Away                    St Mirren (7th)  Away                  St Johnstone (11th) Away           Dundee Utd  (5th) Home             Hibs (4th) Home

Dundee Utd  (5th) Home              Hibs (4th)  Away                          St Mirren (7th) Home                  Motherwell (6th)  Away                Dundee (12th) Away

Hearts (3rd)  Away                         Dundee (12th) Home                  Livingston (9th) Away                Rangers (2nd)  Home                   Ross County (10th) Home

Avg Pos: 6.66                                    Avg Pos: 7.16                                 Avg Pos: 8.5                                   Avg Pos: 5.57                                   Avg Pos: 6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATED VIEW***

Almost the perfect weekend for Livingston, who move up to 7th in the table while all others drop points - although we could have done with Motherwell and Hibs defeats. This sets up a blockbuster tie with Dundee Utd. A single win now splits 4th and 9th with Ross County even looking like they want in on the action down in 10th, 2 pts adrift of Aberdeen. With Celtic and Hearts up next I think this is the game that will determine if we will get top 6 and a chance at European football more than any other and a win would take the pressure of the Celtic game, somewhat.

Elsewhere, St Mirren and Aberdeen face the toughest ask to take points. The two bottom sides in the mini-league could be cut off from the pack should Motherwell and Hibs pick up victories against Ross Country and Dundee, respectively. I suspect the latter shall succumb to another defeat after the 4-0 trouncing by the Lions and with the hibees buoyed by a spirited draw against Celtic. 

Edited by DavideFernandezLoveChild

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Wonder if Bruce is knocking on the door of a Scotland call up with Nisbet now out injured. Could be a similar situation to when we sold Dykes with Scotland looming over again :D 

A wee comparison of Lyndon's 19/20 season and Bruce's current season. The numbers are almost comparable at this stage in the season with 19/20 being cut short. Bruce is definitely more of a striker even having played less minutes but Lyndon's hold up play and assists would have been a huge reason for his call up. I saw a stat earlier in the week that only Kyogo at celtic has a better goals per minute ratio than Bruce

stats.jpg

Edited by Cptn Hooch

39 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nouble man of the match. Love that

Hows he been? Seen some good clips of games and some of his skills but overall? 

First couple games was a bit underwhelming (decent but hoping for much better) but we were trying to play him as our main striker. Moved to the wing and he's a different animal, particularly on the right. Bullies defenders and able to bring others into play.

If he starts scoring goals he'll be getting the Ballon d'Or in no time. 

Edited by LiviLion

He has been everything you all saw at Arbroath!
The only thing he's missing so far is a goal.
But he has around 3 or 4 assists for us so far, as well as assisting an assistant in goals too. He's been brilliant.

His pace and hold up play are just tremendous. For such a big guy, he is rapid quick.

He has also managed to keep his elbows out of the game since his sending off against St Johnstone as well which is remarkable. Seems to learn quick.

Sorry for rambling but honestly, he's fuckin brilliant.

42 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Superb since Martindale started playing him on the wings, started off sticking him in as a No9 coming on for Anderson. Has now switched to the right wing, allowing Forrest to play in his best position on the left, and has been outstanding.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fuckin love him, he's so good at RW. Genuinely bullies left backs non-stop. 

He's coming on a European tour, we're all going on a European tour :D