Livingston - all the threads merged

50 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Very lucky to have made it many months without something bad happening to him *touch wood*.

He's definitely looked like he's struggled through a knock or two, might be good to give him a rest if he feels like he needs it.

Also see the club twitter included a picture of Soto training today, hopefully means he's ready to go too.

17 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Just have to hope Max avoids COVID and/or injury until Saturday evening lol

Very lucky to have made it many months without something bad happening to him *touch wood*.

Reading that article, it sounded to me like Martindale has never actually met this goalie in person?  Surely we've at least had him on trial and this isn't a YouTube signing? 🙏

Forrest was effectively playing a free role today. He often appeared on the left in the first half when he was nominally starting on the right and then the reverse of that in the second half. I imagine the thinking here was that because he has been so good recently, freeing him up more will allow him to be even better. It didn't work that way, though. Our best attacks first half were down the left and then second half it was down the right. This was because of how Nouble was combining with first Penrice and then Devlin. Nouble was holding his wide position and providing a reference point for others to run off. Forrest always vacating his position instead resulted in his flank mostly being a dead end for us.

Shinnie interprets the wide attack role this way too, very often drifting into a central position. Bailey does it a bit but less so. Some of it will be a player's natural inclination but it'll mostly be under Martindale's instruction. For me, giving one of the wingers such a free role as Forrest had today breaks the attacking structure too much.

Can’t see what the fella above me has posted I’ve got him on ignore he must be the racist apologist from the other week
Martindale had a shocker today his subs cost us we were probably lucky to get out with a draw 
derek Adams free and it’s a yes please from me 
I believe the subs had to be made. Ayo looked hurt, Nouble was on a yellow and has already been sent off by an incompetent referee plus Anderson had run himself into the ground. Perhaps McMillan instead of Shinnie but then we'd have invited more pressure. Folk complained when Martindale made negative subs and dropped points due to inviting pressure and folk are now complaining that he's made positive subs and dropped points. Seems he can do no right in some people's opinion. Once st mirren went down to 10 men they sat in and we were probably never going to score with how compact their final third was. A point before the game would have been seen as a decent result and our performance was good. Onwards to the Dundee double header

The only reason we were never going to score is because we had no b*****d striker on the park 
I guess you missed Sebastian Soto coming on? He's the Disney prince lookalike with 2 goals in 2 games for the US national side....not sure on his relationship with his father though so can't comment on his status as a b*****d

He was a striker?! Haha spent all time in the middle of the park trying backheels…only time he moved was when he tried a back heel and nearly fell into the dugout haha
I suppose Brian Mwila has never tried something and had it not come off...the guy was making his debut, put himself about and looked like he'll be a good addition to the team. He was dropping deep to get the ball due to the aforementioned lack of space in the final third

Martindale's going nowhere so stop talking nonsense about Adams. Back to back top 6 and a decent chance of making it 3 in a row, anyone not seeing how that is amazing for Livingston needs help.
This boy on another thread claims to be good friends with Martindale and now is touting Martindale to be sacked and replaced with an absolute c*nt of a man in Derek Adams.

18 hours ago, JD and associates said:

Can’t see what the fella above me has posted I’ve got him on ignore he must be the racist apologist from the other week

Martindale had a shocker today his subs cost us we were probably lucky to get out with a draw 

derek Adams free and it’s a yes please from me 

f**k off ffs :D Martindale is doing a phenomenal job, if anyone cost us it was Forrest yesterday. He puts the ball out for the corner then missed the clearance from the same corner

Good stats here del Adams ex-Livi and looking for a new job in management. Del with the touchline work and training drills Dave M with the scouting and signing. The dream team - can’t go wrong. Must be lots of Livi fans open to this 
6040E307-10AD-4225-B94F-B5AD19C255F8.thumb.jpeg.08b792b2a646b43fcefa76553d971054.jpeg
Give it up mate