Livingston - all the threads merged

5 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Where is the story about Fitzwater coming from? I've looked at the usual suspects but see nothing

There seems to be a good few running with the story

Burnley prepared to make move for Livingston defender Jack Fitzwater | Daily Mail Online
Burnley 'weighing up move' for Livingston defender Jack Fitzwater - transfer gossip | Lancashire Telegraph
Jack Fitzwater 'lined up' for shock Newcastle transfer as other EPL scouts impressed by Livingston defender - Football Scotland
Newcastle 'targeting' January transfer for Livingston's Jack Fitzwater | Glasgow Times
West Brom academy star tipped to make shock Premier League transfer - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

It's a really surprising link to be honest but I'd wager a bet there's underlying stats showing some level of remarkable performance. Could be one for @RandomGuy. but surely he's only going there to be loaned out/deep backup with U23 game time

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

It's a really surprising link to be honest but I'd wager a bet there's underlying stats showing some level of remarkable performance. Could be one for @RandomGuy. but surely he's only going there to be loaned out/deep backup with U23 game time

At a quick look there isn't really, no, certainly not for what I'd expect EPL clubs to be looking for.

Like he ranks 2nd in the league for def duel won %, and pretty high for through balls completed, but beyond that hes not really in the top 10 for many metrics just looking at the Premiership.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At a quick look there isn't really, no, certainly not for what I'd expect EPL clubs to be looking for.

Like he ranks 2nd in the league for def duel won %, and pretty high for through balls completed, but beyond that hes not really in the top 10 for many metrics just looking at the Premiership.

I would imagine 1m + a sell on is in 'bite your hand off' territory then :D 

20 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

Fairly confident that Fitzwater will not be leaving us for an English Premier League side this season.  It's got a whiff of the sort of rumours like Snodgrass going on trial at Barcelona when he was a youngster at Livi.

Got  a lot of rumours about Knox as well; all of which came to nothing, but Knox and Snodgrass were just kids at the time.

The fact that Fitzwater is 24, coming on 25,  makes this rumour even more strange. I actually do think at least one side will come in with an offer but would be surprised if it was five figures.

In any even unless a side asks for the player on trial; I very much doubt "interest" is anything more than that. The window closes in less than a week doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Got  a lot of rumours about Knox as well; all of which came to nothing, but Knox and Snodgrass were just kids at the time.

The fact that Fitzwater is 24, coming on 25,  makes this rumour even more strange. I actually do think at least one side will come in with an offer but would be surprised if it was five figures.

In any even unless a side asks for the player on trial; I very much doubt "interest" is anything more than that. The window closes in less than a week doesn't it?

5 figures is 10k. We're asking for 10x that for Forrest who's reportedly already signed a PCA. If there are 3 PL teams looking at him, then 1m isn't completely insane. I don't think his true value is that high, but the english market is insane and if we can somehow make a little competition happen then there's an opportunity for us to get paid here.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

5 figures is 10k. We're asking for 10x that for Forrest who's reportedly already signed a PCA. If there are 3 PL teams looking at him, then 1m isn't completely insane. I don't think his true value is that high, but the english market is insane and if we can somehow make a little competition happen then there's an opportunity for us to get paid here.

Five figures is also £99,999. Finance wise the English market is insane but not so insane as to sign up Matthew Knox or Danny Mullen when they went for trials.

The other thing to remember that our modus operandi for getting a load of these guys signed up in the first place was that we will listen if a "big club" were to come knocking. It has been one of the prime reasons we've managed to get players that normally wouldn't even consider signing for a club with a relatively small gate. On the other side of the coin players can see Dykes; Brown etc. getting their chance down South after having perhaps proven a point with us.

If any club was that keen on him then surely they would have taken him on trial; we're just out of a winter closedown when it would have been an ideal time for clubs to take a decent view. At the moment I can only see it as a speculative purchase in which case none of the clubs mentioned are likely to be splashing out seven figures IMO.

Of course who knows what's happening at Newcastle; certainly they could afford to splash out tons on someone to potentially sit on the bench.

From our point of view; if one of our players ended up winning a contract with an English Premiership club, irrespective of the fee, it suddenly makes us a lot more attractive for promising players looking for a stepping stone to the "big time".

Think Sevco offered us about 175K for Knox, we should've bitten their hand off. All the hype surrounding him came from his dad calling a DR pal of his to print the overhyped nonsense. 

When you see the multi million pound signing down South for pretty average players, then a million is nothing to them, just have to look at Oli McBurnie to see they'll pay daft money down there.

Alan Forrest has turned down St Johnstone after we accepted a bid, supposedly wants to wait until the summer to see his options.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/alan-forrest-rejects-st-johnstone-26044300
I thought someone said he'd already signed a PCA?
Waiting to see the relegation picture perhaps?

Makes sense he wouldn’t want to jump over to the Saints at the moment. You only need to see the scenes at Kelty to realise that the place is slightly toxic and if he is wanting to make that next step in his career away from Livi, Saints are not the club to go for at this moment in time. 

5 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

You only need to see the scenes at Kelty to realise that the place is slightly toxic

Far too much is being made of that 😂

I'd be amazed if you didn't see those exact scenes repeated every week if losing sides where forced to walk through their supports after a match.

34 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Alan Forrest has turned down St Johnstone after we accepted a bid, supposedly wants to wait until the summer to see his options.

I guess the PCA rumour was bollocks. Probably a good thing from a footballing perspective, means he'll be trying his best to put himself in the shop window.