Livingston - all the threads merged

I can only imagine Forrest has insisted on a relegation release clause at St Johnstone and they've (obviously) refused given their current situation. He's too good for the Championship and St Johnstone won't pay a fee for a player that could end up walking in 6 months for nothing. 

Can see him going down south or at someone like Motherwell to be honest :D 

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I can only imagine Forrest has insisted on a relegation release clause at St Johnstone and they've (obviously) refused given their current situation. 

One of our journalists making it sound like he's said no because a clause that would cut his wage if we were relegated would be in his contract.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of our journalists making it sound like he's said no because a clause that would cut his wage if we were relegated would be in his contract.

Yeah it would make a lot of sense for it to be something similar. We have a relegation release clause in almost every player's contract which sounds a bit mental but Martindale is confident enough that we wont go down. I can only imagine that players are used to having that as a normal part of the negotiations/deals and gives them a level of security. 

I'm not sure I'd sign something like that if I was Forrest given the chance St Johnstone have of going down, especially when he could probably get a bigger move in the summer. In all honesty though he's not a huge loss for us, he isn't a winger you look at as hard to replace. He's just an average Premiership winger at best

Forrest has taken a risk in rejecting St Johnstone. The arrivals of Chukwuemeka and Nouble have increased the competition he now faces for the left attacker role. He'll need to play regularly and play well in these closing months of the season to get his offers. For his sake and ours, I hope he can.

14 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Forrest has taken a risk in rejecting St Johnstone. The arrivals of Chukwuemeka and Nouble have increased the competition he now faces for the left attacker role. He'll need to play regularly and play well in these closing months of the season to get his offers. For his sake and ours, I hope he can.

I didn't rate him at the start but that run against Hibs shows Montano has something about him as well. Lots of competition in that area of the park.

[emoji1258][emoji1258][emoji1258][emoji1258][emoji1258][emoji12]

Heard a lot of good things from American fans about Soto. Was one of the "ones to watch" before disappearing a bit. Sounds like the American Ryan Gauld in that sense. A few folk I've spoke to rate him higher than Josh Sargent

He added: “He was one of the top scorers in the 2019 Under-20 World Cup and is someone who is a really top prospect.

“He can play anywhere across the front three and is lightning quick. He has great movement and is a great finisher and we’re delighted to have him at the club.”

Sounds very promising, we've gone from playing Shinnie up front to having Anderson, Chuck, Nouble and Soto all able to play there, canny wait.

1 hour ago, TedCrilly said:

Is Sibbald currently injured or has he just fallen out of favour?

Injured, he had a bad ankle injury and has struggled with it. He had COVID as well and has asthma and I think it's completely fucked him

Edited by ATLIS

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

image.thumb.png.4913952e73b79389da23c460acab7594.png

Absolutely huge run of games coming up, we're potentially 7 points from Europe and 8 away from automatic relegation. Game against St Johnstone is massive

Huge is right, every one of those games are winnable, but certainly the games against St Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee could go a long way to ensuring we remain in the top flight and Davie's guarantee of no relegation bearing fruit. 

32 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Huge is right, every one of those games are winnable, but certainly the games against St Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee could go a long way to ensuring we remain in the top flight and Davie's guarantee of no relegation bearing fruit. 

We're looking at needing probably another 5 wins to stay up. 100% doable in that run of games alone

Jacobs could still do a job as back up to Holt, you'd have thought. As for Sibbald, I'm a huge fan. He's the best passer in the squad, he so rarely gives the ball away, his defensive work is solid and he offers a goal threat.