Livingston - all the threads merged

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Kabia who can also play that position made the bench this week. Hopefully it's an opportunity for him to work his way back into the team rather than just bench filling. 

This aged well lol

Was listening to Almondview earlier today and they were talking about potential losses of Bailey/Forrest. For me, given our depth on the left wing, Bailey would be a much bigger loss for us. Forrest is a great player though so I would be happy for us to keep him until the end of the season unless we're getting £150k. 

5 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

About Jason "Mascherano" Holt, BBC reported his contract ends this season but others have said end of next season. Anyone here know definitively?

I'm sure it was this season but wouldn't be the first time BBC have got something wrong (or me :D)

Jason Holt: Livingston sign experienced midfielder on two-year deal - BBC Sport

Two year deal in 2020, looks like it's up this season

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm sure it was this season but wouldn't be the first time BBC have got something wrong (or me :D)

Jason Holt: Livingston sign experienced midfielder on two-year deal - BBC Sport

Two year deal in 2020, looks like it's up this season

BBC also included him in a "pick your out of contract Scottish Premiership XI" interactive article thing they did recently too. Incidentally, Fitzwater, McMillan, Sibbald and Forrest were the other Livi players in it.

10 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Sure Callum Carson said next year

He has, aye. Here's hoping he has it correct and not BBC!

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

BBC also included him in a "pick your out of contract Scottish Premiership XI" interactive article thing they did recently too. Incidentally, Fitzwater, McMillan, Sibbald and Forrest were the other Livi players in it.

Fitzwater also 2023. 

Goalkeepers
1. Daniel Barden - 2022 (Loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2024
36. Gary Maley - Forever
Ivan Konovalov - 2023 (1 year extension option)

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. Tom Parkes - 2022
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
15. Morgan Boyes - 2023 (1 year extension option)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
24. Sean Kelly - 2022
29. James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
16. Adam Lewis - 2022 (Loan)
18. Jason Holt - 2023
33. Stephane Omeonga - 2023
40. Marvin Bartley - 2022

Forwards
9. Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
14. Odin Bailey - 2022 (Loan)
17. Alan Forrest - 2022
19. Joel Nouble - 2023 (1 year extension option)
22. Andrew Shinnie - 2023
23. Caleb Chukwuemeka - 2022 (Loan)

Loans Out
Harrison Clark - Kelty Hearts - Contract Expiry 2023
Jack Hamilton - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2022
Jaze Kabia - Falkirk - Contract Expiry 2023
Josh Mullin - Hamilton - Contract Expiry 2023
Carlo Pignatiello - Dumbarton - Contract Expiry 2022 (?)
Matej Poplatnik - Raith Rovers - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Gavin Reilly - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2022
Brian Schwake - Edinburgh City - Contract Expiry 2023

12 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Don't you guys read the official site?!

Guilty. I need to fix that habit. Especially with not being a Twitter user and given the evidence here that BBC's Livi reporting is useless.

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Guilty. I need to fix that habit. Especially with not being a Twitter user and given the evidence here that BBC's Livi reporting is useless.

To be fair I just typed in 'Jason Holt Livingston Contract' to see what comes up :D I guess the extension missed the SEO targets because I couldn't see it

Edited by ATLIS

Guest TedCrilly
On 21/01/2022 at 13:12, LIVIFOREVER said:

Has looked lively any time i've seen him, def pest that winds up opposition players, got Brown red carded and Rooney lost the rag with him too. Needs a run of games to assert himself into the team though, not had much luck with injuries and dropping out the team. Missed a few decent chances to score too, but regular games might sharpen him up.

Your assessment seems bang on. Within 45 minutes he had scored two, ripped the pish out of a few part time jobbers and had one of them (Chris Higgins) strangling him with both hands. He was a joy to watch on Saturday. We’ve got Montrose and QP next who are much tougher tests so it’ll be interesting to see how he does.

Edited by TedCrilly

1 hour ago, TedCrilly said:

Your assessment seemed bang on. Within 45 minutes he had scored two, ripped the pish out of a few part time jobbers and had one of them (Chris Higgins) strangling him with both hands. Was a joy to watch on Saturday. We’ve got Montrose and QP next who are much tougher tests so it’ll be interesting to see how he does.

Always Plays with a smile on his face, and is a constant nuisance getting on top of defenders, and opposition players can't handle him, really seems to wind them up.😂

Great that he's scoring goals already, some impact he had for you coming on at HT, hopefully he can continue getting goals and his confidence will be soaring coming back to us next season. I really rate the lad, and think he will be a fantastic player for us if given the chance.

4 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

Your assessment seemed bang on. Within 45 minutes he had scored two, ripped the pish out of a few part time jobbers and had one of them (Chris Higgins) strangling him with both hands. Was a joy to watch on Saturday. We’ve got Montrose and QP next who are much tougher tests so it’ll be interesting to see how he does.

Was great to see him so happy in his post match interview. Hopefully gets a shot with us next season, he looks like a good talent.

Apparently Watford, Newcastle, Burnley and Birmingham have all been looking at Fitzwater. Did not expect. Hope this new kid from Liverpool is decent, he might be needed sooner rather than later.
Could be some good cash coming our way if that's true

He's been really good this season but if anyone's willing to pay close to a million take it and run. If he does go there's surely no chance it's as high a fee as that, but I'm sure there's someone DM will have had his eye on in case we get a bid.