Livingston - all the threads merged

Arbroath have been magnificent this season.Thought Raith would do them today,but no.Reckon Hammy will take off from where Joel left them.If they were to prevail would be a shame if they were denied their chance in the SPL due to their ground.Would love to go back to Tutties Nouk again,after so long.Cmon Smokies do it.👍.

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Arbroath have been magnificent this season.Thought Raith would do them today,but no.Reckon Hammy will take off from where Joel left them.If they were to prevail would be a shame if they were denied their chance in the SPL due to their ground.Would love to go back to Tutties Nouk again,after so long.Cmon Smokies do it.👍.

Hamsey will score plenty goals for them where Noubley was mainly the player to set the goals up/getting the ball into the box, but they've also got Nicky Low back playing, who will set Jack up, so reckon they'll still be in there with a great chance of winning the title. Think they can ground share if they get promoted, been a few promoted teams got away with doing that since Falkirk got the knock back. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hamilton looks much bigger faster and stronger this time round 

He really is a funny one, will take some horrendous touches and have some funny moments but he must’ve had about 4 shots on target today from all kinds of crazy positions. He just seems to get shots away and be in the right position all the time. He had a great game. I think Nicky Low and Craig Wighton will create a few chances for him 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hamilton looks much bigger faster and stronger this time round 

He really is a funny one, will take some horrendous touches and have some funny moments but he must’ve had about 4 shots on target today from all kinds of crazy positions. He just seems to get shots away and be in the right position all the time. He had a great game. I think Nicky Low and Craig Wighton will create a few chances for him 

Which is funny because to us he looks awfully slow and lazy. It looked like he bulked up too much. Although I suspect it's because he's being compared to Dykes in a similar role. 

Interesting to see us talk about there being interest in Stryjek. With him signed up to 2025 (that’s assuming we use the one year extension which I imagine we would) we’re in a great position to demand a good fee for him. 

Have no idea what a sensible deal would even be for us but he’s only 26 in the summer. Would it be crazy to think of a fee similar, or even better than we got for Dykes? If he keeps up his good form I imagine we’ll be in a good spot to demand at least that + a good sell on. We’re hardly in a rush to sell and he’s tied down on a long deal.

You’d imagine at minimum we’d get 1.5m + 15% sell on

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Interested to see if he becomes first choice or if he's only here as backup.

I'd imagine he'd get a chance to play at some point, as good as Stryjek is, he's prone to the odd howler, just depends how much he has in the bank whether Martindale will forgive him or not.

Interesting to see us talk about there being interest in Stryjek. With him signed up to 2025 (that’s assuming we use the one year extension which I imagine we would) we’re in a great position to demand a good fee for him. 

Have no idea what a sensible deal would even be for us but he’s only 26 in the summer. Would it be crazy to think of a fee similar, or even better than we got for Dykes? If he keeps up his good form I imagine we’ll be in a good spot to demand at least that + a good sell on. We’re hardly in a rush to sell and he’s tied down on a long deal.

No chance we will get 1.5m for Max.

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Max is nowhere near good enough to command a fee that high. We'd be insane to turn down 500k, and if we were offered 300k I expect we'd take it.

Livingston's first ever Russian player.  Quite the milestone.

Hope the fact he's been at big clubs like Spartak Moscow and Rubin Kazan hasn't distracted Davie from properly assessing this guy.  We don't want another Cece Pepe on our hands.

36 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Max is nowhere near good enough to command a fee that high. We'd be insane to turn down 500k, and if we were offered 300k I expect we'd take it.

37 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
49 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

No chance we will get 1.5m for Max.

I'm honestly not so sure, if we've had a lot of interest over the last 6 months, another good end to the season will only drive his price higher. Especially if it's clubs down south, with Championship clubs we should be pushing them for all we can get. 300-500k would be selling ourselves short given the market down there and we've set the tone already with Dykes. We don't need to sell, with enough clubs interested we could easily drive the price up given the length of the contract we have him on. I imagine it could get pushed along if he does end up sneaking a Poland call up as 3rd choice with Fabianski retiring from international football. I think it puts Szczesny and Grabara 1st + 2nd choice but 3rd choice is up for grabs I think?*

Skorupski at Bologna too but there has been genuine talk of it lately

Edited by ATLIS

6 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Livingston's first ever Russian player.  Quite the milestone.

Hope the fact he's been at big clubs like Spartak Moscow and Rubin Kazan hasn't distracted Davie from properly assessing this guy.  We don't want another Cece Pepe on our hands.

The thing that really surprises me is that Lawson, Menga and Pepe have all just seemingly gave up football after leaving us :D None of them have signed anywhere apparently

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Skorupski at Bologna too but there has been genuine talk of it lately

By who, Matthew Knox's Dad? Max is a decent player for us, but he's not anywhere near getting a move to a championship club IMO. I'd be surprised if even clubs of  Hibs/Hearts level were looking at him

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

The thing that really surprises me is that Lawson, Menga and Pepe have all just seemingly gave up football after leaving us :D None of them have signed anywhere apparently

Yeah, Lawson in particular is an odd one.  Pepe was so far off the level required I'm not too surprised, and Menga was just a mentalist throughout. 

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

By who, Matthew Knox's Dad? Max is a decent player for us, but he's not anywhere near getting a move to a championship club IMO. I'd be surprised if even clubs of  Hibs/Hearts level were looking at him

Yeah, Lawson in particular is an odd one.  Pepe was so far off the level required I'm not too surprised, and Menga was just a mentalist throughout. 

It was actually a few Polish accounts on twitter. One was following Polish players performances abroad and tries to track players who could be close/deserving of call ups. 

Lawson I'm the most surprised with too, could easily have gotten another season here or another club in Scotland. Would rather him than Kelly tbf :D 

Edited by ATLIS

Does Stryjek count as a homegrown player to teams in England? That, along with a superb end to the season with no blunders, is the only chance we even think about getting 1.5m for him (unless it's a deal that starts at like 500k, then grows after international caps, promotion etc).