Livingston - all the threads merged

10 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

You'd imagine it would mean either Chukwuemeka is a replacement for Bailey and we're after another winger or Chukwuemeka is the winger we were after and now have to go find another winger (again). I can't imagine it would've been something we saw coming if he does go as Birmingham even said they were happy for him to stay with us.

So far it's, Nouble, Boyes, Chukwuemeka  that come in. Nouble we knew about for a while, Boyes fills the CB issue we've had and Chukwuemeka fills the winger gap Martindale had been talking about. I can imagine (if Bailey stays) we'll see a GK in (possibly the Russian GK) and that will be us done unless anyone else goes out.  I think DM spoke about 3 or 4 in, including Nouble.

We'll then do the whole thing with saying we're signing no one unless a player of notably quality becomes available like what happened with Omeonga in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if we signed the GK and that was our business done

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

So far it's, Nouble, Boyes, Chukwuemeka  that come in. Nouble we knew about for a while, Boyes fills the CB issue we've had and Chukwuemeka fills the winger gap Martindale had been talking about. I can imagine (if Bailey stays) we'll see a GK in (possibly the Russian GK) and that will be us done unless anyone else goes out.  I think DM spoke about 3 or 4 in, including Nouble.

We apparently tried bringing Stephen Kelly in on loan but he's off to Salford instead. Not sure if that means we're looking a loan who could cover RB, while Martindale scratches his itch for another midfielder.

Or if its purely DM not being able to resist a midfielder-less window and nothing to do with his rare right back appearance.

Edited by LiviLion

Interesting that Livi have signed a loanee from Aston Villa. 

Don't think it's any real secret that Martindale and Gerrard got on quite well when Gerrard was our manager. That's three players now (McCrorie, Williamson, Chukwuemeka) that Gerrard has sent his way. Obviously trusts him to develop players.

Don't think it's any real secret that Martindale and Gerrard got on quite well when Gerrard was our manager. That's three players now (McCrorie, Williamson, Chukwuemeka) that Gerrard has sent his way. Obviously trusts him to develop players.
Hopefully this lad is better than the previous dross he's sent us

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
18 minutes ago, G51 said:

Hopefully this lad is better than the previous dross he's sent us

Cheeky b*****d, that's future Scotland goalkeeper Robert E. McCrorie you're talking about there.

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'm going to second the post above this one (two above now ffs) :D McCrorie and Williamson were utterly shite, here's hoping it's third time lucky

Edited by ATLIS

59 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We got Ryan Hardie back under Gerrard and possibly a good deal for Liam Kelly as well.

Yeah and done not too bad from Sevco with Halkett being released from them too. Kelly was a bit iffy in his loan spell, but much improved when we signed him up as a Livi player, maybe McCrorie will do well too, and improve enough to live up to his hype.

It was thought that Rangers were in a three-way battle to land the teenager with Villa and Spurs [Sunday Mirror], and Villa eventually won out, with Caleb joining his brother Carney at the Birmingham club.

The Villans reportedly paid the Cobblers £300,000 and tied the player down to a three-year contract [Daily Mail].

Chukwuemeka spent the first half of the season with Villa’s U23s and impressed in Premier League 2 Division 2, scoring seven goals and notching five assists in nine appearances.

He’s now headed to Scotland to play senior football but has joined Livingston, not previous suitors Rangers.

Sounds promising. Exciting 2021 Rangers-linked forward joins rival Premiership club on loan (rangersnews.uk)

Williamson being taken back off us by Rangers now that Gerrard has left further suggests any relationship was solely between Martindale and Gerrard as individuals. I don't think @G51was commenting on how much or little Livi benefit from Gerrard loaning players to Martindale. I think the point is just that to have that seeming endorsement from a top manager like Gerrard speaks well to Martindale's competence.

Williamson being taken back off us by Rangers now that Gerrard has left further suggests any relationship was solely between Martindale and Gerrard as individuals. I don't think [mention=79846]G51[/mention]was commenting on how much or little Livi benefit from Gerrard loaning players to Martindale. I think the point is just that to have that seeming endorsement from a top manager like Gerrard speaks well to Martindale's competence.
I certainly agree Martindale had a good relationship with Gerrard. I reckon he's got a decent relationship with most managers he's come across going by the comments some of them have made about him

Aye, we often see him locked in conversation with opposition managers before and after games, don't we? I wonder if it's not having any background in elite football makes him especially eager to learn. 

15 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Williamson being taken back off us by Rangers now that Gerrard has left further suggests any relationship was solely between Martindale and Gerrard as individuals. I don't think @G51was commenting on how much or little Livi benefit from Gerrard loaning players to Martindale. I think the point is just that to have that seeming endorsement from a top manager like Gerrard speaks well to Martindale's competence.

Aye, I think Martindale seems to leave a good impression on every coach he comes across to be fair.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
On 14/01/2022 at 16:17, LiviLion said:
There's Neil Hastings confirmed in Imrie's old role.
https://livingstonfc.co.uk/neil-hastings-rejoins-the-lions-as-first-team-coach/
I'd sack Martindale right now for his constant use of "Neilly" emoji2961.png

And today they say happy birthday to "Parkesy". Mingin.

Chuckwuemeksey might be taking it too far, but you've got Fitzey, Pittsey, Noubley, Brucey, Holtsey and Strysey.  

Edited by LIVIFOREVER