Livingston - all the threads merged

Livingston are the club of 'being an arse when they were younger but sound now' (except Griffiths). I wouldn't jump the gun on someone based on how they were when they were 18/19. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

image.png.7f7b1883eb5005887cfa59c79c5dcd2e.png 

>10%.

You'd reckon consider QPR are chasing Premiership promotion and the money that would bring in they would be looking around the £15m mark, and if Newcastle are serious add another 0 to that 

1 minute ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Livingston are the club of 'being an arse when they were younger but sound now' (except Griffiths). I wouldn't jump the gun on someone based on how they were when they were 18/19. 

You'd reckon consider QPR are chasing Premiership promotion and the money that would bring in they would be looking around the £15m mark, and if Newcastle are serious add another 0 to that 

Had a look at a few QPR fan's comments regarding Dykes and they reckon 10m is good money for him which is a bit surprising. Surely if Newcastle, Crystal Palace etc are all in for him you'd be talking 20m minimum given his record for QPR and Scotland

Yeah Hastings wasn't a very good pplayer, that's why he went into coaching so young, which gives him a decent bit of coaching experience for a 29yo, think it's a good appointment.

I remember Callum Carson saying how much Dykes sell on was, but the exact figure escapes me now (might've been 15%), QoTS will also get a percentage, which surprised me, suppose they've nailed down a couple of good sell on deals because we got him for nowt, or next to nowt.

It was a smart deal. We get him for next to nothing and loan him back so that we could engage in contract talks before others were able to. 

QoTS get a percentage of our percentage as any money gained from our sell on is considered part of the original transfer contract. I think they got about a 10% cut last time, perhaps maybe even 20%. 

A £10m sale would give us £1m (at a minimum) and then we would give QoTS £200k of that (assuming 20%). £800k is still a massive sum for us.

Edited by DavideFernandezLoveChild
Spelling

If I remember rightly then there's a large portion of Dykes money due if QPR are promoted. I suspect the dream scenario for us would be for Dykes to stay there until the summer, QPR win the playoffs and he's sold then. I also think I remember 15% being mentioned with QoS being due 10% of that (so effectively 13.5%) 

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

If I remember rightly then there's a large portion of Dykes money due if QPR are promoted. I suspect the dream scenario for us would be for Dykes to stay there until the summer, QPR win the playoffs and he's sold then. I also think I remember 15% being mentioned with QoS being due 10% of that (so effectively 13.5%) 

Even if he leaves I'm sure we're still due money if they go up

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Hastings doesn't fill me with confidence at all, I can remember him being an absolute arse when he was here the first time. Made an idiot out of himself when he played as well - I would've much preferred a name with a bit more reputation like we had in Imrie or someone of similar levels

Hastings is a far better coach than Imrie could dream of being. 

But if you think being a bigger name is more important, crack on. although I'm not sure Martindale would agree with that bit either.

Hastings is a far better coach than Imrie could dream of being. 
But if you think being a bigger name is more important, crack on. although I'm not sure Martindale would agree with that bit either.
Thats why Imrie is a first team manager at a decent sized championship club, but Hastings has been managing Gala Fairydean?
Have a word.

Thats why Imrie is a first team manager at a decent sized championship club, but Hastings has been managing Gala Fairydean?
Have a word.
Surely the fact that Imrie played for Morton is a decent part of the reason he's there. They'll know him and how he works, my understanding is he was doing a bit of coaching there while playing. We at Livi know how Hastings works as a coach so it's pretty similar to Morton appointing Imrie

From the Record:

Livi keen on Konovalov

Livingston could be set to move for Rubin Kazan keeper Ivan Konovalov in a surprise swoop.

The West Lothian club have been looking to strengthen their goalkeeping position after back-up Daniel Barden returned to parent club Norwich City.

And reports in Russia have stated that 27-year-old ex-Spartak Moscow shotstopper Konovalov has agreed to join David Martindale's side from Rubin Kazan.

Konovalov has been on loan to another Russian side, Ural Yekaterinburg, for the past two seasons after initially signing for Rubin Kazan four years ago.

He's previously played in Serbia and Belarus as well as three other clubs in his homeland after being brought through the youth ranks at Spartak.

Konovalov played 20 times for Rubin Kazan during his time there and is now set for a new adventure in Scotland, where he is expected to provide competition to Livingston's No.1 - Polish keeper Max Stryjek.

Surely the fact that Imrie played for Morton is a decent part of the reason he's there. They'll know him and how he works, my understanding is he was doing a bit of coaching there while playing. We at Livi know how Hastings works as a coach so it's pretty similar to Morton appointing Imrie
My point being if Gastings was a far superior coach then he would be in a far superior coaching position.

Had a look at Konovalov, seems like a decent sweeper keeper with good distribution. Has the usual YouTube highlight reel stuff but a decent focus showing him being quick off his line to beat the striker to through balls. Apparently when he was starting for Ruben Kazan there were talks of a Russia call-up for him

Daily Record there have just reported what RT in Russia have claimed. Could be the player's agent feigning foreign transfer interest to try and alert Russian clubs to his client's availability. If Livi are actually going for Konovalov, it won't be a permanent transfer as an uncapped Russian player will not get a work permit for a club Livi's size. Maybe loan transfers are a bit easier to get clearance for, though, so we might be trying for a loan until the season end. Konovalov similarly spent the second half of last season away from Kazan on loan.

47 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Daily Record there have just reported what RT in Russia have claimed. Could be the player's agent feigning foreign transfer interest to try and alert Russian clubs to his client's availability. If Livi are actually going for Konovalov, it won't be a permanent transfer as an uncapped Russian player will not get a work permit for a club Livi's size. Maybe loan transfers are a bit easier to get clearance for, though, so we might be trying for a loan until the season end. Konovalov similarly spent the second half of last season away from Kazan on loan.

The work permit system is a bit flawed, even if he doesn't qualify under the international appearances section the SFA/SPFL can essentially just grant it anyway as was done with Diani last season, Vertainen for St Johnstone this season (I believe) and a few others have been done. This was all done under the new system but as far as I'm aware there was an even newer system recently introduced to make it even easier for players like that to gain a work permit for next to nothing. He's out of contract at the end of the season so could be a free or could be an end of season loan to see what he's all about. 

Although previous point about his agent could be correct, it's not an agent we've used before like Wasserman where we got the likes of Souda/Menga/Lawson etc from.  

Now being linked with Caleb Chukwuemeka, 19 year old Aston Villa striker.

2 goals in 28 games for Northampton last season (one of which was against Southampton U21) suggests he isn't going to be a prolific goalscorer if we do bring him in. Imagine the idea is either him or Nouble up front with Forrest and Bailey on the wings, or Anderson up front with Nouble and Bailey/Forrest on the wings. Switching between those depending on the game.

Edited by LiviLion

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Premier League 2 player of the month in September. Worth mentioning that Aston Villa signed him from Northampton as well, rather than him being loaned out there. Sounds promising.

Aye, sure he scored 5 goals in 3 games. No idea the general level of PL2 though.