Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

"I came from the 5th tier in England and don't understand how I couldn't get a game in the Scottish Premiership". Lol.

To be fair, I don’t know what I expected from a guy that vlogs his international trips

Edited by ATLIS

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

. Could be the government restricting crowd sizes and general attitude to anti-vaxxers (especially if he's an anti-vaxxer).

😂😂 

What are you havering on about? Shut up 

I imagine that’ll be why he looked poor in a trial game for us, just not interested. If he’s good enough for Aldershot I imagine he could’ve been decent for us 

I'm hoping the introduction of the youth system might see us introduce younger players into the squad
We all want that I'd imagine. However I'd think its going to take at least a couple of years before we see that start to happen again.

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

😂😂 

What are you havering on about? Shut up  

Weird reaction. You've got clubs/the association making threats to move games and constantly bickering with the government, plausible someone could describe that as "toxic", no? 

I'm sure Martindale has mentioned we'll be considering vaccination status when making signings, if someone's anti-vax and got called out on it (regardless of by who or were) or were being asked if they planned to get it or anything like that, is it impossible they would describe that as "toxic"?

Edited by LiviLion

For me the comment  “To be honest, I wasn’t happy there and, for me, the environment became a bit toxic."

That is probably due to the next comment “If I knew I wasn’t going [there] to play then I probably would have stayed here."

Of course putting him on as a sub and then taking him off 11 minutes later against St Mirren in the League cup, I imagine he would not have been happy with that, and then with the lack of game time, especially if he thought he was good enough to be starting may have contributed to him beleiving in a toxic environment ( May even be a poor choice of words from him).

In all honesty Think it's just another case of a player thinking he is better than he actually is. 

The Edinburgh Evening News reporting that we're bringing in Neil Hastings to replace Dougie Imrie. They only really mention Imrie being a first team coach so not sure if Hastings would also take over his role in the academy set up.

Biggest shock is that he's somehow only 29 years old?!

Hastings doesn't fill me with confidence at all, I can remember him being an absolute arse when he was here the first time. Made an idiot out of himself when he played as well - I would've much preferred a name with a bit more reputation like we had in Imrie or someone of similar levels

Hastings doesn't fill me with confidence at all, I can remember him being an absolute arse when he was here the first time. Made an idiot out of himself when he played as well - I would've much preferred a name with a bit more reputation like we had in Imrie or someone of similar levels
He certainly wasn't a very good player but I've heard many people praise his approach to coaching

10 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He certainly wasn't a very good player but I've heard many people praise his approach to coaching

I've seen the "highly rated" mentioned a couple of times now.

My only problem with that is that a 29 year old coach who is very good would surely get snapped up by most clubs in the SPFL, especially below the Premiership, as that's about as good an off-field investment you can make. Look forward to seeing how he gets on anyway, as you said he was coaching our youth side (am I right in saying he was our U18 manager?) when he was only about 19 or 20 himself.

Never cared if someone was an arse when they were a player, if he's grown up a bit and can be a decent coach then I'm happy.

Edited by LiviLion

Livingston are the club of 'being an arse when they were younger but sound now' (except Griffiths). I wouldn't jump the gun on someone based on how they were when they were 18/19. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

image.png.7f7b1883eb5005887cfa59c79c5dcd2e.png 

>10%.

You'd reckon consider QPR are chasing Premiership promotion and the money that would bring in they would be looking around the £15m mark, and if Newcastle are serious add another 0 to that 

1 minute ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Livingston are the club of 'being an arse when they were younger but sound now' (except Griffiths). I wouldn't jump the gun on someone based on how they were when they were 18/19. 

You'd reckon consider QPR are chasing Premiership promotion and the money that would bring in they would be looking around the £15m mark, and if Newcastle are serious add another 0 to that 

Had a look at a few QPR fan's comments regarding Dykes and they reckon 10m is good money for him which is a bit surprising. Surely if Newcastle, Crystal Palace etc are all in for him you'd be talking 20m minimum given his record for QPR and Scotland

Yeah Hastings wasn't a very good pplayer, that's why he went into coaching so young, which gives him a decent bit of coaching experience for a 29yo, think it's a good appointment.

I remember Callum Carson saying how much Dykes sell on was, but the exact figure escapes me now (might've been 15%), QoTS will also get a percentage, which surprised me, suppose they've nailed down a couple of good sell on deals because we got him for nowt, or next to nowt.

It was a smart deal. We get him for next to nothing and loan him back so that we could engage in contract talks before others were able to. 

QoTS get a percentage of our percentage as any money gained from our sell on is considered part of the original transfer contract. I think they got about a 10% cut last time, perhaps maybe even 20%. 

A £10m sale would give us £1m (at a minimum) and then we would give QoTS £200k of that (assuming 20%). £800k is still a massive sum for us.

Edited by DavideFernandezLoveChild
Spelling

If I remember rightly then there's a large portion of Dykes money due if QPR are promoted. I suspect the dream scenario for us would be for Dykes to stay there until the summer, QPR win the playoffs and he's sold then. I also think I remember 15% being mentioned with QoS being due 10% of that (so effectively 13.5%)