Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

As much as it pains me.Im looking for Old Firm wins tonight,if only to keep us clear from the bottom just in case the unthinkable happens.🤷‍♂️🤞.

Comfortable win for Sevco, but Celtic made a meal of it, waiting till the 97th min to get the winner. Sore one for County that, was the ref just waiting till Celtic scored before blowing his whistle for FT?

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Itll be a max of 3 players in in Jan.
One of them being Nouble.

Kabia, Hamilton and Harry will all leave the club with at least 2 of them out permanently by the summer.

We need a CB and a GK.
Can't see where Lawless fits in tbh.

Yeah looks like Panayiotou isn't making it here, don't know where he'll go on loan now, Hammy is being offered the Arbroath loan move again. Kabia is a strange one, he's looked decent in games i've seen him, would say he has something to offer us this season if fit, wouldn't put him out on loan, but Martindale says he's looking to send him out.

We're meant to be looking at attacking players and a keeper, so Lawless fits the bill, he's a great wee keeper.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Yeah looks like Panayiotou isn't making it here, don't know where he'll go on loan now, Hammy is being offered the Arbroath loan move again. Kabia is a strange one, he's looked decent in games i've seen him, would say he has something to offer us this season if fit, wouldn't put him out on loan, but Martindale says he's looking to send him out.
We're meant to be looking at attacking players and a keeper, so Lawless fits the bill, he's a great wee keeper.
Would have been interesting to see Panayiotou and Nouble link up with them being ex team mates. I agree with Kabia in that he has that spark of magic but perhaps Forrest, Bailey, Sibbald, Shinnie and potentially Lawless will be keeping him out the side. He's had a bad time with injuries too so makes sense to get the lad used to regular football again. Come next year he could be important for us

Martindale just doesn't rate Kabia despite every performance he's had for us saying otherwise. Absolutely the player we need. Shows great skill and decent creativity and gets shunned out of the squad because Martindale doesn't like him.

Panayiotou was and still is the weirdest signing for us over the last few seasons. Total panic signing and again should have got a CB on the wage bill over him every day. However he has shown good hold up play when given his chance but from Martindales recent press stuff, looks like he's away on a permanent deal.

Hamilton being offered a new deal is one I'm pleased with but he needs a run in the team for him to find his place and his form. Hasn't started a single game this season which isn't really going to help his confidence in any way.

2 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Martindale just doesn't rate Kabia despite every performance he's had for us saying otherwise. Absolutely the player we need. Shows great skill and decent creativity and gets shunned out of the squad because Martindale doesn't like him.

Panayiotou was and still is the weirdest signing for us over the last few seasons. Total panic signing and again should have got a CB on the wage bill over him every day. However he has shown good hold up play when given his chance but from Martindales recent press stuff, looks like he's away on a permanent deal.

Hamilton being offered a new deal is one I'm pleased with but he needs a run in the team for him to find his place and his form. Hasn't started a single game this season which isn't really going to help his confidence in any way.

That's a shame about Kabia, i really rate him, right nuisance of a player that has wound up the likes of Brown and Rooney, making them lose the rag with him. Reckon he could be a right good player for us.

Hamilton is never going to fit in as a lone striker the system we want to play, he hasn't the pace to press defenders, or even out run them in a straight up foot race. Really should've cut across the Aberdeen defender when he tried that, to slow him down and it would've either bought him a few yards or a foul if he got piled into. That should be getting coached into him though.

I think if we played him as a target man for someone like Anderson to play off him, and also having Anderson doing the leg work pressing defenders, it would work, Hammy's also a decent finisher inside the box. However i'm not sure we'll even play a system that suits him.

I wouldn't be signing anyone to sit in the stands hence why I don't think we need another centre back (barring a serious injury *touch wood it won't be necessary*).

Another goalkeeper is the only addition we need based on recent performances. I would be looking to move on some of the back-up players as well. If they are not fancied, save money on their wages in case a top quality player becomes available.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Thoughts on the game, thought we played shocking first half, we never really played the ball down the middle it was always down the wings when it never worked until about 5 minutes to go , would have be good if we snuck it right at the end, a draw was lucky but a points a point. Shinnie is no striker , Omeonga unreal again 

Not sure where this 'Martindale doesn't rate Kabia' stuff comes from? He was always on the fringes as he's young and has a lot to learn, and then he had a serious injury earlier in the season. Sending him out on loan for the second half to get game time and come back fit for the start of next season sounds like a no brainer to me, he's not going to get much game time here. He's clearly got the potential

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Not sure where this 'Martindale doesn't rate Kabia' stuff comes from? He was always on the fringes as he's young and has a lot to learn, and then he had a serious injury earlier in the season. Sending him out on loan for the second half to get game time and come back fit for the start of next season sounds like a no brainer to me, he's not going to get much game time here. He's clearly got the potential

Yeah me neither tbh. He'll go out on loan and continue his development. Anyone suggesting we'll be letting him go permanently this window is talking shite unless it's someone stumping up cash. He's never said he doesn't rate him, and he's just back from a bad injury. Doesn't help that we've got other great wingers at the club

A few conversations with the right people and you find out the answer to many questions.

When Kabia originally joined us I'm sure Martindale said the aim was to loan him out immediately. The next we knew was he came on as a sub at Celtic and got Brown sent off.

I'm not sure he was ever viewed as being ready to immediately step into the first team

When Kabia originally joined us I'm sure Martindale said the aim was to loan him out immediately. The next we knew was he came on as a sub at Celtic and got Brown sent off.
I'm not sure he was ever viewed as being ready to immediately step into the first team
Yeah Martindale has said that Jaze is one for the future from the very start

31 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Martindale has changed his opinion.
Jaze will unlikely ever play for Livingston again.

care to divulge your source or do we all get to make unsubstantiated claims? 

Max Stryjek will miss a chunk of next season as he'll be appearing on Love Island...pass it on

58 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Martindale has changed his opinion.
Jaze will unlikely ever play for Livingston again.

Some pretty confident comments? Not heard anything to back it up to be fair though, usually these things tend to leak out a bit but heard almost nothing.

Can only imagine something has happened behind the scenes because at the start of the season he looked like a potential first team player

Max Stryjek will miss a chunk of next season as he'll be appearing on Love Island...pass it on
My source is the closest possible source to the player himself. Like you couldn't possibly get much closer. So close it burns kinda stuff.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:
2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

My source is the closest possible source to the player himself. Like you couldn't possibly get much closer. So close it burns kinda stuff.

His mum then :D I've saw her posting on twitter a few times. I'm sure we've had similar things happen in the past, I think it was Liam Watt in the League 1 season who had family members come on here defending him etc. I'd take it with a pinch of salt but he's 100% one for the future and a loan wouldn't do him any harm.

I'm a bit worried at the prospect of losing Imrie before the academy even kicks off in January. We need to find a strong replacement for him ASAP. Also seeing Bartley linked with the Ayr Utd job with Mathie taking over there for footballing operations.

We could be down a Head of Youth Development and an Assistant Manager within weeks. Although hopefully a vacant assistant spot gives Martindale the chance he needed to bring in a bit of experience we really desperately need